Teachers Duties (4)
50 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forgot to mention this before but the songs I am using, well used are 'Song of the Seven'and 'Last of the Giants' by Karliene - This is just for reading purposes meant for your enjoyment :)

After the children ate they became restless and started chatting, having random conversations with each other. “Children, don’t make too much noise, you don’t want to disturb the other classes right little ones?” she said.

They looked at her and kept silent but the energy gathered in their bodies was too much and they started talking in their high pitched voices again.

The talking got out of hand getting louder and louder, sighing she clapped her hands twice, “Since you aren’t talking softly, line up, it’s time to go back into class.”

“Eh?” the children were shocked.

‘How can she do this to us?!’ they complained but did as she said. Walking into the pavilion the children were upset…

Closing the door behind her she said, “I allowed free time but you all betrayed me by making too much noise, what am I to do when the headmaster and other masters look to me for an explanation?”

Feeling guilty the children lowered their heads; grinning she proposed, “Master will allow free time every day but only if you follow masters rules.”

Looking up at her, they weren’t sure of this… “First, let’s move the tables and chairs to each side of the pavilion.”

After moving the tables and chairs the children sat down on the floor. Pulling her chair to the front she sat down at their eye level. Looking at her students she said, “From today onwards, all of you will refer to me as Aunty Rucheng or mama if you want instead of Lady Qin. When you talk to others about me including your parents you will say ‘teacher Rucheng’, if you are asked why, you call master intimately, say ‘master is crazy,’”

“Things will change around here because I simply don’t agree with the teaching ways here. There is a chance that once I get found out, I will no longer be your master… the reason why I am changing things, is because you all are children and not like adults… I know you all don’t understand what I mean but you will eventually and I hope that I can make a difference in your lives.”

“The first rule of the Silent and Wise pavilion is, you have to be comfortable – please bring a set of comfortable clothes with you tomorrow for you to wear during class activities.”

“The second, when I speak, listen.”

“Third, clean up after activities.”

“Fourth, play nice with your friends, no fighting.”

“Fifth, sharing is caring – so during activities, share toys and books, brushes and other stuff that I will introduce to you at a later stage.”

“Sixth, keep the noise level in between high and low – just right so that we won’t get into trouble with the others.”

“Alright, that’s it for now. Any objections?” She looked around at the blank faces of the children.

Keeping her laugh back she asked, “No questions?”

“M-master… I-I mean Aunty Rucheng? I have a question for you,” said one of the boys.

“Yes little one, what is your name?” she asked.

“M-my name is Peng Yue,” the little boy answered.

“What a beautiful name, Yue. What is your question?” she asked with a smile.

Peng Yue, “Thank you, my question is, will we still have snack time if we follow the rules?”

Rucheng, “Yes!”

Peng Yue, “And free time outside?”

Rucheng, “Yes. You will get free time inside and outside.”

Min Xiao, “Aunty Rucheng?”

“Yes Min Xiao?” she answered happily.

Min Xiao, “Why must we bring clothes to school?”

“Silk robes aren’t comfortable even though they show that you are of the noble class and also, this is incase for when you mess on your robes.”

Ming Hao, “Aunty Rucheng, can you sing for us again please.”

Hearing Ming Hao’s request, the pairs of eyes looking at Rucheng sparkled. Seeing the expectant gazes she smiled< “Alright, I don’t mind.”

Clearing her throat she began, “Oh, I am the last of the giants – my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the earth from my birth.

Oh I am the last of the giants, my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the world at my birth.

The small folk have stolen my forest, they’ve stolen my rivers and hills.

They built a great wall through my valley, and fished all the fish from my rills.

In stone halls they build their great fires, in stone halls the forge their sharp spears.

Whilst I walk alone in the mountains with no true companion but tears.

They hunt me with dogs in the day light, they hunt me with torches by night.

With these man who are small they can never stand tall, while giants still walk in the light.

Oh I am the last of the giants, so learn well the words of my song.

For when I am gone all the singing shall fade and silence will last long and more.

Oh, I am the last of the giants – my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the earth from my birth.

Oh I am the last of the giants, my people have gone from the earth.”

After she sang the children were given sheets of parchment, brushes and ink to draw on.

Handing their artwork into their teacher they weren’t confident but she praised each and every one of them which after they couldn’t stop smiling with pride.

Gathered on the floor in a circle she settled them down, “Okay children it’s time for a story.”

A story? What story is she going to tell and why?

Seeing that they had settled down, Rucheng sat down on the chair before them and started, “Find a spot for yourself and lay down while you listen to the story.”

She wants us to lay on the dirty floor?

Remembering the rules some got up and moved to where their friends were and others laid down in the middle of the floor.

3