Starting Anew (1)
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doing a back check on what happened, she remembered that it was the way she slept. She always slept best when she rested her hand on her stomach. She glanced down at her stomach and opened her robe.

The teardrop was there shining brightly as if inviting her in. Taking a chance, she touched it with the tip of her pinky and just as she thought, she appeared in the hidden valley before the elder dragon again.

It opened its eyes, staring at her it asked, “Here willingly?”

Rucheng stared at it then touched the teardrop again, reappearing on the chair at the table again, ‘So that’s how it works.’

Slapping the teardrop, she landed elegantly on the ground and stared at the elder dragon, “Do you have a name other than Elder Dragon or guardian of the valley?”

The dragon hummed, “Jeongwon Gwanliin,” he answered her. Rucheng looked at it oddly and asked, “Did your parents name you this?”

It shook its head, “Qin Rucheng named me this.” She stared at the dragon for a moment and asked, “Will you mind it if I changed your name?”

“No,” it answered, “Since you are my new owner, it only seems fit.”

She hummed with a nod, “Well since you say I am your new owner, let me start by telling you my name, I am Qin Rucheng and from today you will be known as Gwanliin.”

Raising its head, it looked at her, “How can you be Qin Rucheng when Qin Rucheng died?”

Sitting on the grass, she folded her legs, “I also died or at least that is what I thought. I woke up inside the house we are currently in.”

Gwanliin’s eyes sparkled, “Could it have been rebirth?”

Shrugging she answered, “That’s what I think it is too, but wouldn’t it be considered reincarnation?”

“Reincarnation makes sense but are you from this world?” he asked her.

“No,” she answered shaking her head, “I come from a world called Earth, what is this place called?”

“This world is called the third realm,” Gwanliin answered. Nodding her head, she mentally took note of this.

“How did the previous Rucheng acquire this place?” she asked conversationally.

Gwanliin settled down with his head on his paws, “Qin Rucheng acquired this place through theft. She was incompatible with spiritual energy but acquired a treasure that gave her the ability to become invisible and undetectable. She went into the houses of the rich and the university too and started stealing their treasures all because she hated how people treated her differently. She also resumed the position as a teacher through detestable means.”

Tilting her head to the side she asked, “Detestable means?”

Blinking its eyes a few times, Gwanliin answered, “She bribed the official of education with her body.”

Rucheng’s eyes widened, ‘How can she do that? But here, I think sex hurts and she just went and gave up her body, something so sacred.’

Gwanliin frowned, “You value your body whereas she doesn’t? You two are really different.”

Hearing his words she frowned, “You can read my thoughts?”

“I can,” he answered. “You and I are connected and if you die, I will die with you.”

Raising a confused brow, she asked, “How are you still alive when Rucheng died?”

It smiled pleased, “You took her place.”

“But how is it that I took her place?” she asked even more confused.

An open scroll appeared before. Adjusting her eyes, she stared at it reading, “Rebirth of Radian”. Frowning she asked, “What is this?”

“It’s an immortality scroll that lasts three lifetimes. Qin Rucheng found this in the archives of one of the minister’s homes and took it for herself. She studied it and cultivated it but died before she can fully cultivate it but it seems that she didn’t need to fully cultivate it because you are here now but where could she be?” he asked himself mostly.

Rucheng gave Gwanliin a thoughtful look, “I don’t know but do you know where she kept the treasures she stole?”

Looking her up and down he asked, “Can it be that you are also interested in the treasures?”

She nodded her head honestly, “Yes, how else will I figure out what the heck is going on, maybe there’s a clue to her point of view between all of it.”

He hesitantly answered her, “It’s on the other side of the valley. If you wish for it, you’ll appear before you.”

She gave him a blank stare. Pulling out the hairpin from her head she, ‘Turn into something that will take me to the treasure Gwanliin is talking about.’

Na Dong buzzed in her hand and shone. Before her eyes, Na Dong turned into wings and attached itself to her back. It lifted her up into the air and zapped across the valley at the speed of light.

She appeared before a house. The wings on her back folded resting on her back. Turning her head, she tried looking at it but gave up soon after. Shaking her head, she walked into the beautiful house and her jaw almost dropped to the ground.

Gwanliin landed with a loud thud behind the house and changed its form. From a dragon, it became a man, dazzling in Silver robes elegantly, folding his hands behind him, he walked in behind her.

Rucheng turned around when she heard the door open behind her. She stared at him dumbfounded. She could easily tell that he was the Gwanliin but he just looked so girly to her although he was handsome.

Gwanliin found her scrutinizing gaze uncomfortable. He checked his body and asked, “Is this look not to your liking?”

She shook her head, “No it’s perfect, you’re reminding me of someone back home.”

“I do?” he asked as he walked forward and sat down on one of the chairs.

“Yes, you look like my gay friend Qionglin,” she answered with approval. Turning back she heard him ask, “What is this thing you call gay?”

Turning on her heels she answered with a smirk, “Two men or two women together in a sexual relationship.”

Gwanliin nodded his head, “A cut sleeve.”

“Whatever you say, dude,” she smirked. Walking around in the house, she started filtering through the treasure, books and ornaments.

Opening one of the treasure chests she found that it was filled with silk of all colours. A bright idea!

2