C31: What is it?
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lan Jue felt taken aback by her comment, but left it. 

Juimin was annoyed. He stood up and looked at Qing Heng. When Qing Heng looked at him, he was at a loss. Taking the hint, he stood up reluctantly and sat in Juimin’s place. 

Rucheng smirked as Juimin sat down in the seat beside her. 

“What?” He asked. 

“Oh nothing, you just don’t give up,” she said. 

He placed his hand on hers, saying as he looked into her eyes, “I don’t want you to go.” 

“You have no say over that,” she answered, annoyed, and placed the chopsticks down. 

He nodded his head with a sigh, saying, “How will I know if you are safe?” 

“You won’t,” she answered quick. 

He stared at her for a moment, aware of his troubled heart and thoughts. Thinking it over, he said, “Okay.” 

He removed his hand from hers and started eating. Rucheng stared at him and found it weird that he didn’t argue back. 

She looked at his friends and saw that they were eating and minding their business, something that they did once Juimin sat down beside her.

She sighed as she felt bad about how she was treating him. She sighed loud this time, making them look at her, but there was nothing to see as she went silent and started eating. 

Soon as if they weren’t around, Rucheng’s unladylike manners appeared. 

Juimin rested his chin on his hand as he watched her eat. A smile slowly formed on his face, forgetting that his friends were around. 

Rucheng glanced at him and smirked. Pointing the chopsticks at him, she said, “Take a good look at me and make sure your brain takes in every detail because I’ll be the last person you see when you die.” 

Juimin raised a brow. “Oh, then I should arrange accordingly.” 

She frowned. “What do you mean?” 

He nodded, “Mn, I’m sure you’ll look great with grey hair and wrinkles.” 

She immediately knew what he was talking about and felt embarrassed. Smiling at him, she said, “If you’re into my mother, go tell her that. Don’t make me the substitute.” 

Juimin’s eyes widened in surprise. He didn’t expect her to come up with that. Chuckling, he said, “You know that’s not what I meant.” 

“So what makes you think that I want to grow old with you?” She asked him. 

“Didn’t you just say you’d be the last person I see when I die? Doesn’t that mean you want to grow old with me? Because I must tell you Miss Qin, when I was younger, I had my fortune told, and they told me that I would live a very fortunate life and live until I had white hairs growing out of my nostrils,” he teased. 

Chao Feng sighed, thinking, ‘That was so cheesy.’ 

Rucheng picked up the chopsticks, saying, “You win this round Mr Kim.” 

He winked at her, asking, “Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to eat?”

She raised a brow, teasing him. “Why? Do you want me to eat you up instead?”

The men’s eyes widened in disbelief. 

Realising her words were wrong as she looked at them, she lowered her head and began to eat, smiling inwardly.

Taking a sip of the wine, her mouth became bitter. Shaking her head, she asked, “Isn’t there anything else to drink but this?”

Lan Jue shook his head. “This place only serves wine unless you want a fruit wine.”

She shook her head, “Nevermind.”

She stood up and walked away, but Juimin grabbed her by the wrist. “Where are you going?”

“Going to the toilet, wanna watch?” She smirked.

“How can you be so vulgar?” Qing Heng asked.

Flicking the hair over her shoulder, she said, “It’s you that was taught manners. I just know that I can talk shit around you.”

They watched as she walked away. The friends looked at Juimin and Lan Jue and asked, “Seriously? How will your parents accept her?”

Juimin scratched his head. “I don’t know. The more time I spend with her, the comfortable she becomes. Even in front of you, she’s… it’s like she doesn’t care.”

The door flew open and in walked Rucheng with a frown. “I didn’t leave that long ago and you’re gossiping about me?”

“Why do you look like that?” He asked her.

She shook her head, “It’s nothing. What were you saying?”

“You didn’t use the toilet, did you?” Yan Feng asked suspiciously.

She shook her head. “I’ll hold it.”

“Isn’t it bad for women to do that?” Qing Heng mumbled.

She raised a brow. Nodding her head, she said, “I don’t like people.”

Juimin sensed that something was wrong with her. Placing a hand on hers, he asked, “Is it someone who holds a grudge against you?”

Rucheng trailed off into her thoughts. It wasn’t that she saw someone, but more of that she felt something coming towards her. It’s like a warning pulse went off in her body. Thinking about it she wondered, ‘What was that?’

0