Vol 9 Chapter 295 – Xiao Hua, tea, tea, tea!
318 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XH 295 - Xiao Hua, tea, tea, tea!

Luckily for everyone, although the green alien-looking plant has a high destructive attack, it has a very short life span. After taking down a great number of green soldiers, it began to show signs of aging, with its previous healthy green shade now yellowish.

As if it was contaminated by a serious illness, it quickly died off after that. It fell to the ground like limp seaweed, twitched around for a few seconds before it no longer moved.

Heise and Long Yuen were certainly relieved that the helpful but headache inducing living weapon wisely died off by itself!

As the gate had already been sealed, Qiang Laohu no longer saved up his energy. Each of his punches was packed with powerful spiritual energy, causing large holes appearing on the green soldiers' bodies. He does not care that his unrestrained moves filled with raw power would injure his body.

As a leader, he knew his soldiers were struggling and trying their best to hold on against the strong green soldiers. They were tired, so what was the meaning for him holding back his strength now that he no longer needed to?

He needed to stand up and show everyone their hard work was not wasted!

Fortunately, everyone's mind was still strong. They knew that they would get to rest after the green soldiers were completely dealt with and their vigor returned. They were suddenly brimming with newfound energy as they charged forward with their weapons, fighting alongside Qiang Laohu that was as fierce as a tiger!

Kill them all and they can finally rest!

Xiao Hua and Long Zhu arrived just in time to witness the gigantic gate closed in a loud and final 'click', before disappearing from view.

Someone let out a loud yell filled with abundant relief, which quickly echoed by others. They managed to stop the apocalypse and won the war! They were still alive!

Today, their eyes finally got the chance to witness the existence of the large gate and demons, as well as the Celestial Beasts from the legend. Everyone here finally knew that the legend passed down by their ancestors about the four Celestial Beasts were true.

Xiao Hua's mood was affected by the cries of happiness and joyous cheers around her. Some were even crying, unknown whether they were happy or sad. Her heart thumped like a little drum and her mouth could not stop grinning at their victory. Even Long Zhu smiled alongside her, basking in the mood and watched the soldiers hugging each other, not caring whether it was an uncomfortable act or not.

They just wanted to share the joy of being alive with their breathing comrades... before mourning for their fallen comrades.

"Your Majesty!" Heng Xin immediately reunited with his master with misty eyes that could not conceal his worry.

"Ah! They did not go away!" Someone shouted and ruined the potential touching scene.

Some demons had managed to slip past the gate before it got closed. They were like souls, except they were red and black colour, very much like a sinister evil spirit in appearance.

"How do we kill it?!" The soldiers tried to attack with any weapons they had, even blasting them with their spiritual energy but none of them worked.

"One of them disappeared- Argh!"

One of the demons suddenly slipped its corporal form into a soldier and successfully possessed the body. Grinning gleefully, the possessed soldier started killing anyone around him.

The number of demons managed to enter the human realm was less than ten, but their strength was enough for them to rule the world comfortably. It was their golden chance when they were able to enter the Human realm instead of their other kin. The opportunities demons had already planned to absorb all the energy to strengthen themselves. The leftovers will be given to their kin that will step into the Human realm in the distant future.

How would the others even know the exact time the descended demons needed to search for another path linked between two realms anyway? They can take their time to slowly enjoy the fruit of their labour!

"Kekeke! Weakling humans, if you don't want to die, be my minions!" The demon crackled as another demon successfully possessed another soldier with a weaker mind.

The other soldiers were afraid once they saw two of their comrades suddenly got possessed. They tried to kill the demon by killing the possessed body, but it will then possess another body! The terrified soldiers quickly backed away from the possessed soldiers and the wandering demons that wanted to possess their bodies.

Stinky demons, did you forget this lord is still here!

White Tiger roared majestically and its roar filled with pure energy blasted the demons far away from the humans.

"Ugh! The busy bodies are here!" The demon growled and prepared to fight when someone splashed him with warm tea. "What-"

Before the demon could finish the next word, it found that it had lost control of the body and slipped out. The human body collapsed to the ground, unmoving, but fortunately still breathing even if it was dangerously weak.

"Hah! It worked! Xiao Hua, tea, tea, tea!" Heise laughed like a maniac now that he has good kryptonite against the demons.

Silently, Xiao Hua passed the rest of the tea she had to Heng Xin, who then passed to Heise that happily jumped here and there to splash the tea at the fleeing demons.

It was too late to pretend she does not know this crazy person.

But in the eyes of the Guilin army, it was a different story. To think their Guilin Emperor would be a powerful exorcist! He was truly the son of Heaven, blessed by God to eradicate the evil spirits from the world!

The demons failed to possess a body and their corporal form was unable to put up a good fight against the tea. They immediately disappear once they were doused by a heavy amount of tea.

Now that the enemies were confirmed to be gone, everyone finally could relax but unable to return back to their previous happiness for their victory. They were filled with grief for their fallen comrade and helped out those that were injured.

Slipping past the busy soldiers, Heise did not waste time launching a complaint at Xiao Hua and Long Zhu. "You missed out all the fight!"

But Heise could not hide his gloating smile, in contrast to his scolding tone. He felt refreshed after winning his first war!

"...I'm darn glad about it?" Xiao Hua answered honestly.

It was good timing to arrive after the fight ended and safe from danger. If she had come earlier, she would have to join the fight and the weakling Xiao Hua would be troubled!

It was similar to a situation where Le Xiao Ting got a phone call in the early morning about a big trouble from a budget she was in charge of. But when she arrived at the office, the problem was already handled by a reliable co-worker!

If that was not good news, what was?!

You have someone to help you do the job and you only need to reap the benefits. Why would she be regretful for unable to participate in the dangerous fight?

"Your Majesty, you've done a good job!" Xiao Hua smiled brilliantly and gave him a thumbs up.

By now, if Heise was unable to figure out what Xiao Hua was thinking, he would not be known as her good friend!

"F*ck off! Go clean up the mess!" Heise pointed at the area where the demons had previously fought and corroded the area. It was still spreading and needed Xiao Hua's tea to purify them. 

"You used up all my tea..."

"Go make a new batch! Do you need me to tell you that?"

Xiao Hua really wanted to chew his head off if they were not surrounded by people and Heise needed to retain his Emperor dignity!

But what she did not know was that their conversation was heard by others and once again improved her status, as one that the Emperor of Guilin has a very good relationship with. His Majesty's relationship with the Third Princess Consort was even closer than the actual princess, his blood-related sister!

The matter of her tea was still a national secret, so Xiao Hua was escorted to a spacious tent taken out from An Jing's spatial bag.

The clean water was taken from the empty villagers' house, along with empty buckets that were gathered around. After the demon problem was done with, the soldiers went to meet up with Doctor Bai and Lord Yu Zheng, who have slaughtered all the remaining villagers that were turned into green soldiers.

Because of that, the armies were separated into few groups to complete different tasks. One of the groups was in charge of securing water and buckets for medicine brewing, while another will be in charge of handling the corpses.

For fear of Gu bugs being spread, the green soldiers will have to be burned instead of buried.

Another tent was pitched for Doctor Bai to treat injured soldiers, helped out by the cold and unfeeling Lord Yu Zheng. But his terrible bedside attitude helped in cutting short the time to oversee each patient, and the queuing time was shortened too.

Xiao Hua was busy brewing when Long Lian rushed into the tent with a calm expression. "All of you, leave us."

Not knowing why but still obeyed, the servants quickly leave the tent, with only Long Lian, Xiao Hua, and Duan XiYing inside the tent.

"Xiao Hua, your tea isn't working!" Long Lian whispered, her calmness slipped away to reveal her anxiousness.

"Isn't working?" Xiao Hua frowned.

Long Lian nodded and explained quickly, "Those that you just brewed, we tossed it at the corroded area, but it has no effect. Third brother and I tasted your tea but it tasted just like normal tea. We no longer feel anything from it other than it tastes good."

"T-That's!" Xiao Hua unconsciously took a step back in shock, her mouth moved, wanting to defend herself, but not knowing what to say. Her mind whirled like dozens of comets back and forth from the news.

Could it be the World Spirit had taken its gift from her?

"Third brother and Eight brother went back to Gu Dan for the spring pool," Long Lian said carefully as if fearing her words would upset Xiao Hua even further.

Xiao Hua nodded, trying to ease up on her expression even if her heart felt heavy. How could she not be depressed, for the only thing that she was useful for was no longer there.

"...Since my tea is no longer working, they will need the spring pool."


7