Chapter 137: I need Teacher Jiraiya to become Hokage
170 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akihara Kagura always spoke the truth.

Whenever it came to serious matters, Akihara Kagura would not lie, at most he would just omit some unnecessary details in the conversation to save time.

In fact, if it wasn't for Uchiha Obito killing Aburame Tatsuma and framing him, how could Akihara Kagura possibly join the Akatsuki organization?

Nagato looked at Uchiha Obito with a strange expression in his eyes.

Although the Akatsuki organization always used violent methods to recruit new members, was it really necessary to resort to despicable means such as framing the innocent?

"Hmph…"

Uchiha Obito snorted discontentedly: "Akihara Kagura, don't make yourself out to be an innocent victim, this is not the hypocritical Konoha…"

"Although it was me who framed you first…"

Uchiha Obito looked at Akihara Kagura and said disdainfully in a cold voice: "But you, kid, are not so innocent either, to think that you would even consider framing me in return…"

To this day.

Uchiha Obito still found this matter too absurd.

A person who was framed did not think of ways to clear his name but instead thought of killing the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki to escalate the situation, so everyone would know he was framed. Fortunately, he arrived in time and saved the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki before Akihara Kagura could act.

Uchiha Obito, recalling the process of Akihara Kagura joining the Akatsuki organization, even felt like he was the victim, forced to expose his identity and attracting a lot of trouble.

"Don't sweat the details so much…"

Akihara Kagura smiled and waved his hand in a manner not fitting his age, advising: "After all, from the outcome, you have achieved your goal."

Uchiha Obito didn't quite agree with Akihara Kagura's view.

Although he indeed achieved his goal, he didn't enjoy any sense of achievement; it felt more like he was being forced to eat extremely unpalatable food, unable to spit it out and having to swallow it down.

At this point.

Uchiha Obito couldn't dredge up the past, he said solemnly: "Originally, only I knew of Akihara Kagura's identity. Introducing you to each other today is to prevent any future occurrences of infighting, as Akihara Kagura will continue to be an undercover agent in Konoha for a while, he could be of great assistance to us…"

"I understand."

Nagato nodded, accepting this matter.

An undercover agent lurking in Konoha Village could provide a lot of information about Konoha, including the most crucial information about the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki, which is indeed very helpful for their plans.

"Brother Nagato."

Akihara Kagura extended his palm towards Nagato in a friendly manner, smiling lightly: "I did invite you for pear juice, please take care of me in the future…"

"But it was us who paid the bill."

A cold voice interrupted Akihara Kagura's words.

Konan also walked over with two cups of pear juice in her hands, handing one cup to Uchiha Obito, as the distribution should be based on the number of people present.

"He doesn't need pear juice.”

Akihara Kagura casually snatched the pear juice, and without waiting for others to say anything, took it for himself, seemingly indifferent as he spoke, "I came out on the pretext of buying drinks. This pear juice will be taken back to Teacher Jiraiya, so as not to reveal any flaws. It's a rare gesture of respect from us disciples."

"......"

Konan found it somewhat difficult to argue.

Even Nagato felt there was nothing wrong with this.

Although their views did not align with Jiraiya's, to the extent that they would even kill their own teacher, they believed some minor matters should not be nitpicked over.

Only Uchiha Obito's hand, reaching for the drink, found nothing but air. He observed the three people present and the Puppet...

All these individuals were Jiraiya's disciples. Uchiha Obito suddenly felt an illusion of being an outsider, and even at this moment, he couldn't delve into details, lest he be considered their junior.

"Alright..."

Uchiha Obito suppressed these trivial thoughts, not wanting to care about such insignificant matters, and looked towards Akihara Kagura, "Since you mentioned Jiraiya, let's deal with this. Jiraiya is investigating the Akatsuki organization, and he already knows too much. We must eliminate Jiraiya..."

"......"

Nagato and Konan remained silent, offering no response.

To them, there was no disagreement on this matter.

For the people of the ninja world, a disciple diverging from their teacher's path, proving their capability to forge a different path, all considered killing their own teachers.

Akihara Kagura, frowning, glanced at Uchiha Obito, "Wait, I have a question... Are you really a ninja from Konoha?"

Uchiha Obito spread his hands, arrogantly stating, "Hmph, whether I am a ninja from Konoha or not is irrelevant..."

"It's quite relevant."

Akihara Kagura, somewhat helplessly, began to enlighten his superior, "Every ninja from Konoha should know about Jiraiya of the Legendary Sannin, the disciple of the Third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen, who trained the Fourth Hokage Namikaze Minato..."

"And then?"

Uchiha Obito furrowed his brow.

"I am his disciple."

Akihara Kagura felt his superior lacked political sensitivity and took the initiative to hint, "The Third Hokage is getting old, and the next Hokage must be chosen..."

"The first choice for the future Hokage is definitely Teacher Jiraiya. My teacher seems uninterested in succeeding as a Hokage, so he will recommend me, his disciple who has mastered Wood Release and the Flying Thunder God Technique, to be the next Hokage of Konoha..."

Akihara Kagura looked at Uchiha Obito and asked, "If you kill Teacher Jiraiya, who will support me in becoming the next Hokage? Don't you understand the benefits that could bring to the Akatsuki organization once I become Hokage?"

"......"

Uchiha Obito listened somewhat absentmindedly.

Uchiha Obito coldly declared, his expression filled with disdain for the position of Hokage!

This kid named Akihara Kagura could sit in the position of Hokage... This kid could become the Hokage... Why should this kid become the Hokage?

That is the dream of many young ninjas of Konoha!

Why could Akihara Kagura, this kid, become the Hokage? Because he possesses Wood Release, because he has the Flying Thunder God Technique, because he is Jiraiya's disciple?

"Actually..."

Nagato, sitting in a wheelchair, seriously frowned and thought for a while, then continued: "I think Kagura makes sense. If he can become the Hokage, in the future, when we want to capture the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki, it would save us a lot of trouble."

"Yes..."

Akihara Kagura looked at Nagato with satisfaction and added: "In the future, I might even be able to mobilize the power of Konoha to start the Fourth Great Ninja War..."

Uchiha Obito caught the loophole in Akihara Kagura's words: "Kid, you want to become the Hokage just to start the Ninja War, right?"

"Isn't that beneficial for the Akatsuki organization?"

Akihara Kagura spread his hands: "As long as I can become the Hokage, in the future, no matter what the Akatsuki organization wants to do, I can mobilize the power of Konoha to cooperate with you guys..."

"..."

Uchiha Obito felt something was not quite right.

This kid...

Why does it sound a bit like Shimura Danzo?

Akihara Kagura's words sound like he's willing to do anything to become the Hokage, even if it means colluding with the Akatsuki organization, which is hostile to the future and the Five Great Ninja Villages.

Wasn't the original purpose that the Akatsuki organization needed to use this kid? Why does it feel like now the kid is using the Akatsuki?

Uchiha Obito, frowning, really felt something was amiss: "Are you trying to use the Akatsuki to become the Hokage, or do you want to become the Hokage of Konoha to help the Akatsuki?"

"How could you think of such a question?"

Akihara Kagura smiled, looking at Uchiha Obito: "Do I need the help of the Akatsuki? It would be good if you guys didn't trouble me. I have never counted on the Akatsuki to help with anything, instead, I have been helping the Akatsuki quite a bit, right?"

"..."

Uchiha Obito's face looked somewhat displeased, and he said in a deep voice: "Kid, when I allowed you to join the Akatsuki, it wasn't to let you..."

"Let members of the organization help with missions and still arrogantly cause trouble for their own people during missions. Is this your attitude towards handling matters?"

Akihara Kagura interrupted Uchiha Obito's words, looked at Nagato in the wheelchair, and while suppressing one superior, he was drawing another to his side: "Brother Nagato, has the management of our organization always worked this way?"

Playing one against another, this is the most effective tactic.

Normally it is a superior dealing with two subordinates, but Akihara Kagura, being just a subordinate, could also learn and apply it to deal with his own superiors.

"Of course not!"

Konan, standing next to Nagato, quickly denied Akihara Kagura's accusation.

If Akihara Kagura's accusation against the Akatsuki was confirmed, the reputation of the Akatsuki would become too tarnished! The goal of the Akatsuki has always been for the peace of the ninja world!

"...”

Uchiha Obito was harboring a sense of frustration in his heart, but had no idea how to vent it, so he could only ask in a muffled voice, "Kid, what are you trying to say?"

"Before I become Hokage, don't lay a hand on Teacher Jiraiya."

Akihara Kagura put forth his demand, casually hinting, "Ever since I joined the Akatsuki organization, I haven't seen any gains for myself. I could only learn some ninjutsu from Teacher Jiraiya, and there's still much I haven't learned yet!"

"Then you should continue to learn diligently from him!"

Uchiha Obito coldly agreed to Akihara Kagura's request and made his own: "Then you should keep your teacher in check, don't let him focus on the Akatsuki organization before our plan is implemented!"

[System Prompt]: [New Task (Uchiha Obito)], to prevent Jiraiya from focusing on the Akatsuki organization's movements before the plan begins.

"That's easy."

Akihara Kagura seemed confident in resolving the issue, indicating, "There are only two reasons why Teacher Jiraiya is concerned about the Akatsuki organization. One is his worry for Brother Nagato and Sister Konan, and the other is his former teammate, Orochimaru..."

"..."

Upon hearing this, Nagato slowly bowed his head.

A flicker of nostalgia crossed Konan's expression before she quickly reverted to her usual cool demeanor, her eyebrows still tightly furrowed, "So, we should make him focus on Orochimaru?"

"Of course."

Akihara Kagura nodded, offering his advice, "Could we assign Orochimaru a dangerous mission that would shake the ninja world, such as annihilating the Cloud Village, assassinating the Raikage, or killing the Eight Tails Jinchuriki? As long as Orochimaru causes significant trouble, Teacher Jiraiya definitely won't focus on you guys..."

"..."

The few people present fell silent.

"Kagura."

Nagato glanced at Akihara Kagura and said, "If you want to kill Orochimaru, you can just attack him directly, I'll give you his location..."

Such a proposal was too risky. Assigning Orochimaru such a life-threatening mission was practically no different from killing him directly.

Uchiha Obito sneered, looking at Akihara Kagura as if seeing through his thoughts, "Is this really to draw Jiraiya's attention, or is it because Orochimaru once used you as an experiment, and you want revenge?"

"Although I do want to kill Orochimaru..."

Konan still frowned, speaking softly, "But such a mission would definitely not be assigned. Moreover, the Akatsuki organization mostly operates in pairs, and Orochimaru's partner, Sasori of the Red Sand, is still useful for future plans."

That wasn't really useful.

Because Sasori did not abandon them in danger; instead, he willingly took them along to escape, earning Konan and Nagato's fondness for Sasori of the Red Sand.

After some thought, Nagato offered his idea, "Perhaps we could assign Orochimaru and Sasori to carry out the mission of assassinating the Fourth Kazekage, Rasa, in the Sand Village. Since Sasori was once a ninja of the Sand Village, he's very familiar with it and won't encounter any danger..."

"..."

Uchiha Obito was still undecided, but he disagreed, "The Sand Village has always been inconspicuous. The Kazekage being assassinated isn't something new; it might not..."

"Assassinating the Kazekage isn't something new."

Akihara Kagura felt Uchiha Obito's thinking was flawed, proactively saying, "The point is who assassinates the Kazekage. The Kazekage being attacked by Orochimaru would be a novelty to Teacher Jiraiya..."

"Of course."

As Akihara Kagura spoke, he looked towards Nagato and Konan again, "Before that, you need to assure Teacher Jiraiya about your safety. You might want to consider meeting him to appease his naiveness.”

Although I'm late, I gave what I owe! Also double chapters next week! Whoooo!

Patreon.com/Bleam

— 70 Advance Chapters!

Get 2 Sponsored Chapters "Every Month" for every person who joins the "Special Jonin•Bleam" Membership!

10