Chapter 61
182 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh! You are talking about that proposal. The one I had offered you before we were interrupted by Professor Xavier.” 

At first, I didn’t realise what proposal she was talking about. But then I remembered that I had asked Gwen if I could join her on her patrol that day.

“Yes, that one.” Gwen confirmed that it was the same one. She must be talking in such a cryptic tone because she didn’t want to reveal her identity as Spider Woman in case anyone was listening. 

“Are you sure?” I asked because I knew what it implied. Captain Stacy already knew about my powers as well as my suit. 

Once he saw me together with Spider Woman, he would easily put it together that Gwen was Spider Woman.

“Yes, I have thought a lot about it. Seeing father's reaction when he saw you fighting against Sabertooth on the television, I realised that I could trust him about my identity.

Moreover, I am sure that MJ and Harry would also have no problem when they learn of this. I know I can trust them.” 

“Then, why not?” I agreed as the patrol would just be perfect to test the newly created Dragon Claws. Moreover, I didn't have a good talk with Gwen in the recent days.

“Alright, meet me at your home tonight. We will continue our talk then.” Looks like her father was busy today. That's why she would be at my home tonight.

“Okay. She ya later!” I bid her goodbye and ended the call.

“So, what was that proposal you were talking about with Gwen?” Emma asked me in that icy tone of hers she usually used at those people she was annoyed with or just didn't like.

This icy tone of hers was something which was rarely used at me since she was interested in me. Looks like Emma felt jealous after hearing me talk with Gwen.

“It is not what you think, Emma. So, don't be jealous.” I clarified to Emma that it was not for a romantic escapade that I was meeting with Gwen.

“Sorry! I got a little overprotective.” Emma apologized with a blush on her face.

Although not much had changed after her confession to me, Emma was now openly affectionate with me and didn't hide that she was interested in me.

“Now, now, Peter. Don't be too hard on Emma. You know that it is all because she likes you.” Kitty said in a teasing tone upon hearing our conversation.

“Alright, enough teasing Emma.” I stopped the teasing of Emma when it had just started because I knew how much it could escalate.

“Anyways, about the proposal I was talking about with Gwen, I can't tell you about it. But you will learn what it was about tomorrow.” They would obviously learn about Gwen's identity as Spider Woman but after living with them for a month, I knew that I could trust them. 

“Alright, since we will learn about it tomorrow, there is no need for us to ask you anything. Let's keep it a surprise.” Kitty said.

“By the way, Professor Xavier asked me for my blood sample today morning. When I asked what it was for, he said that he will tell me later. Do you know anything about this matter, Peter?” Kurt asked.

After I had returned from the trip, I had told Professor Xavier about my hypothesis that Mystique was the mother of Kurt. 

He had been truly surprised when he had heard my hypothesis. However, he had said that there was actually a good chance that this hypothesis was true and that he will look into it. Looks like he was finally checking if the hypothesis was true.

“I don't know anything about this matter. But since Professor has said that he will tell you, then he will definitely tell you. You just need to be patient.” Unfortunately, I could not tell Kurt about this hypothesis. After all, whether this hypothesis was true or not, Mystique had been our enemy and was currently our prisoner.

“Well, enjoy your night trip, Peter if you can. We have to go learn the freaking Sanskrit language. Who knows if I would even be able to learn it?” Kurt said, afraid that he will not be able to learn it as he was only average in his studies.

“Seriously, when I had started learning magic, I had not expected that I would have to learn such an ancient language.” Kurt said as all of us headed to the kitchen as was our original plan. And all the way Kurt was whining that he had to learn Sanskrit to continue his studies into mystic arts.

*************************

I was now at the rooftop of a house near my home, watching the windows of a specific room of my home. It was already more than 11pm at night.

Just as I was waiting, a feminine figure clad in a familiar white and black coloured suit flew out of the room with the help of a web and swinged towards me.

“Long time no see.” I said, greeting Gwen.

“And whose fault is that?” Gwen questioned.

“Sorry. I was busy crafting my personal artefact so I didn't have time to meet you recently.” I apologized.

“So, have you finally decided to do this?” I asked Gwen if she was confident in her decision since it felt quite sudden to me.

“Yes, I have decided to finally do it. You don't need to worry. I have thought a lot about it.

You know how lonely it was for me to be Spider Woman, always trying to save people while facing scolding everyday from Father. It was only because you were with me that I could bear it. 

The few days I thought you had died were the worst for me. I had almost decided to quit being Spider Woman. I can't say how glad I was that you survived. 

As such, after much thought, I have finally decided to reveal my identity to my loved ones.” 

As Gwen explained why she had decided to take this decision, my heart was clenched with pain. Gwen often didn't reveal her thoughts so I didn't know clearly how much in pain she was from that incident which almost took my life. 

To think that she had almost quit being Spider Woman because of that incident.

“By the way, it was great that you decided to call me. I have just finished testing my new artefact and was waiting for an opportunity to use it. This is just a perfect opportunity to use it since I could not unbox my suit last time.” I said as I tried to change the topic. 

“That's great. But are you just going to talk about your new artefact or show it to me?” Gwen asked.

“Sure, why not?” Saying these words, I activated the transformation bracelet and equiped the Dragon Claws.

“They look cool but I hadn't realised that you were a fashion designer.” Gwen commented upon seeing the appearance of the Dragon Claws.

“Oh! Hye-rin made the outer design of these gauntlets. I had told you about her, right?” I explained why the Dragon Claws looked like this.

“Yes, I remember. The Korean sorcerer you had saved.” Gwen confirmed.

“Well, it is good that you will get the chance to unbox these gauntlets. But would you even be able to catch me while I am swinging around the city?” Gwen asked in a challenging tone.

“Is that a challenge I hear?”

**************************

So, it's time for some web swinging, well not in Peter's case since he doesn't have web shooters. 

I know that many readers will not like me revealing Gwen’s identity to her loved ones. But I will only say that she had Peter's example in front of her which helped her make this decision. Moreover, the lizard incident was also a major factor for this decision. 

If you want to read 9 chapters ahead or just support me, visit my p.a.t.r.e.o.n/DragonsEye 

13