Chapter 62
156 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Of course, I am challenging you. After all, you have seen how fast I can swing with the help of my web shooters. Would you be able to catch up with me?” Gwen asked me with pride in her tone.

This was the first time I was seeing this face of Gwen. Looks like she had quite a lot of confidence in her ability as Spider Woman and she just can’t accept that I am stronger than her. That is why she is trying to compare with me in this ability where she feels that she is stronger.

But that doesn't mean that I will admit defeat. After all, there was a reason the sorcerers were known for their versatility.

“Well, there are many ways to catch up with you.” I replied to Gwen.

“What! How is that possible? Show me those ways. Only then would I believe it.” As expected, Gwen was flabbergasted to learn that there were too many ways for me to catch up with her.

“As you wish. Let's show you the way number one.” Saying these words, I created an energy construct which looked exactly like a web from Gwen's web shooters and then used it on a brick which was lying down on the terrace and then sucked it to my hand using the energy construct web.

“Oh! Did you somehow copy my web shooters?” Gwen asked, surprised upon seeing the energy construct web.

“Well, I was the one who made your web shooters. So, you can't say that they are yours. But yes, I applied the effect of the webs on the energy construct.” I replied.

This was something I had learnt under advanced energy constructs. Now, I could grant special effects to my energy constructs. For example, I could make them heavy or light or in this case, sticky like a web.

“But you can't use these energy constructs to follow me. They glow like a lightbulb.” Gwen argued that I could not use my energy constructs as they were just too eye catchy.

“I was not going to use them anyways since it is not allowed to use magic in public areas unless it is an emergency. I was just showing you. Now, let's move to way number two.” Saying these words, I simply unfurled my wings.

“Are those fucking wings?” I could see how surprised Gwen was even if her face was hidden under the mask.

“Wait a minute! Did I forget to tell you about my wings?” As I saw Gwen's surprised expression, I realised that I had forgotten to tell Gwen about my wings.

It was not that I didn't want to tell her. It was just that ever since I had returned, there were just too many things to talk about and the topic of the wings along with my draconic form just never came.

“Yes, you did! And just what else were hiding from me?” Gwen asked in a demanding tone.

“Well, I can also do this.” I unequipped the Dragon Claws and then transformed my hand into a claw to show her.

“Can you do that with all of your body?” Gwen asked with a barely contained rage.

“Not all the parts but I can transform most of them. I can grow scales on my skin and also grow horns on my head.” I answered Gwen realising that I could not hide this matter.

“You can transform your body into that of a monster and you didn't think that it was necessary for us to know?” Gwen said while yelling at me.

“I can only say that I am sorry. It slipped out of my mind.” I apologized sincerely.

“Fine! We will talk about this later as we are getting late for the patrol.” Gwen decided to end this argument for the time being as we still had to do patrol.

“But how did you think that you could use your wings in freaking New York? With your wings, you will attract so much attention that it will be impossible for us to do patrol.” Gwen argued that I could use my wings as it was also eye catchy.

“That's true. Although I can use the enchantments of my suit to turn my wings invisible, I think that me flying without the use of any equipment would attract greater attention than me using wings. So, let’s put the use of the wings for the emergency situations.” I decided to use the wings only if there was an emergency.

“Didn't know that your suit had so many features?” Gwen was surprised to learn about the invisibility feature.

“The suit had been made especially for urban combat. As such, there has been various kinds of enchantments put on it for different situations.” I explained. When my suit was my developed, I had wanted it to be as perfect as it could be. So, I had put as many enchantments as I could on the suit with the help of Hye-rin’s grandfather.

“Anyways, it is getting late. So, tell me how will you catch me with me?” After seeing the obsolete ways, Gwen asked for a way which I could actually use.

“Well, then I have to use the old fashioned way.” I said to Gwen.

“The old fashioned way?” Gwen said, puzzled by my answer.

“Yes, Parkour.” 

************************

“You sure you want to parkour to catch up with me.” Gwen asked, surprised by my answer.

“You will see. Let's start now. It is getting late.” I said, telling Gwen to just watch.

“Fine! It is not that you will be hurt anyways because of your body.” Gwen relented although she didn't seem to believe my answer.

“Catch me if you can!” Saying these words, Gwen shot a web and swung up.

“Hah! That will be easy.” I said as I ran after her and jumped from the rooftop.

My enhanced body carried me over the rooftops, the suburban area providing me a perfect platform for parkouring. Although there were still some ways for me to chase after Gwen without parkouring, I decided to do parkour because it would provide a good workout. 

Honestly, even though I had now my instincts completely understand my control, I still wanted a good workout every now and then, no matter in what form. Perhaps I had been influenced by my instincts somewhat while working to control them.

“Let's see how will you chase me now?” Gwen said as we reached the main streets of New York which was full of high rise buildings and skyscrapers making it impossible to parkour. Moreover, the road was too wide for me to jump.

“That's no problem at all.” I said as I jumped from the building without any hesitation. 

As soon as I jumped, I activated the Dragon Claws to create small wind blasts which carried me over to the next side. And then I used the sticking function of my boots to stick to the walls of a high rise building to continue my run.

I could already see quite a few people looking at my stunts from beneath me at the road.

“So, what do you think?” I asked Gwen as I neared her.

“It is indeed surprising. But that is just not enough.” Gwen said as she swung harder to increase the distance between us. 

Looks like she was too prideful to admit defeat. So, the only way to end this needless competition was to surpass her.

As we reached a suburban area once again, I dropped down to the rooftops. And then I channeled lightning energy through my feet. When I had decided to join Gwen for today's patrol, I had not thought that I would need to use ‘Thunderclap and Flash' and in this way.

“Well, let's end this competition.” I activated the mystic art at a relatively low power, boosting my speed just more than enough to surpass Gwen.

“So, do you finally admit defeat now, Gwen?” I asked as I turned back to look at her after surpassing her.

“Huh! Where is she?” To my surprise, I could not see Gwen behind me at all. 

***********************

So, did you like how the patrol is going? I described this many ways because they were what I came up with when I was thinking of how Peter could patrol with Gwen. In the end however, I decided to make it not too flashy and went with Parkour. 

So, did you like Peter Parker doing Parkour? 

If you want to read 9 chapters ahead or just support me, visit my p.a.t.r.e.o.n/DragonsEye 

12