CHAPTER 2: An abnormal child
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One year ago back....
Balloons of different colors, candies and a huge cake adorned an extravagant table, cartoons and other childish things showed that it was a children's party, the peculiar thing was that although the atmosphere was festive there were no children running or laughing in the rooms or corridors. Only servants and adults surrounded a little boy as white and tender as mocchi. This child was Arlan who was turning 5 years old with a pride engraved all over his body waiting for his parents' guests to give him his gifts, all the uncles and aunts of the place could not help but see him with great tenderness so they complied with all his demands. After a while a beautiful woman approached Arlan and touched his head. "Your father couldn't come, but he told me to give this to you so open it."
"...." Arlan said nothing just took the envelope.
Keila watched as her son dropped his little face as he heard her words and her heart ached, but there was nothing she could do her husband had gone out on business and unfortunately had not been able to make the flight back in time. Arlan's sadness only lasted a few seconds because after opening the envelope a black card was already in her tiny hands.
A smile instantly appeared on the other side of Keila's forehead.
"Bebe give me a moment." 

Keila slowly pulled out her phone and began dialing a familiar number. After a few minutes the call connected.
"Donovan what does the gift you gave the child mean?"
She didn't even greet him, she quickly began to scold her husband. On the other end of the line Donovan let out a laugh.
"Honey don't tell me he doesn't like the gift?"
"It's not that simply because you give a credit card to the kid you know he doesn't even know how to use it plus I feel like you didn't put any effort into his present."
Donovan replied in the same happy tone as always.
"A few days ago I asked our boy what he wanted as a present and he said he wanted an account because he wanted to be independent, I really don't know where he got the idea but since he wants to be independent I'm going to give him the opportunity."

"It's your business card" Keila replied however as if taking it as a laugh Donovan responded.
"I want to see him grow up."
Keila didn't understand her husband's ideas sometimes she thought he was very childish and that's why he clashed with her son, but hearing her husband's mischief she couldn't say anything. With a sigh Keila spoke again.
"I hope you won't regret it later."
"Calm down dear, what can happen it's just a baby."

____________________________________

10 days later, at the top of the Forest Group offices a meeting was taking place, at a U-shaped table big shots were discussing.
"If we make a cooperation with Nielcen we have a better chance for the company to expand further than we imagined!"
"Ha, you want us to spend 50 million assets on a foreign company? You must be joking, what makes you think we can give away money like candy, it's a risk to invest in a startup company plus according to research, the prototype has not yet reached the primary stages for exponential and experimental development of Dropbox."
"As I mentioned earlier Mr. Li, this is a great business opportunity, while they have not yet finished the prototype the idea is innovative and impactful, they realize the impact it could generate is beyond imagination."
"Nonsense!!!, boy answers, is it certain that the investment will bring good results and that we won't lose a penny?" Mr. Li when he saw the doubt that passed for a few seconds through the young man's eyes, let out a contemptuous sneer.
"Hmph, you young people have so much ambition, so much so that your ideas are complete insanity, too bad that with all that potential and energy you waste it on foolish dreams, grow up and put your feet on the ground."
The group of young people who had put forward the idea of cooperation with the Nielcen Group were irritated by the contemptuous and haughty manner in which businessman Li addressed them. But they could do nothing to refute his words, in a way, it was true that they had a lot of ambition and the idea was a bit far-fetched, but if they could see beyond the profits they were 100% sure that in the future it would pay off.
The discussions seemed to be dragging on again, but in the chaotic uproar, suddenly a cell phone rang, causing everyone to stop talking. All the executives looked to the president, who had been silent all the time. Nolan, the young Forest Group businessman, saw that President Donovan did not immediately reject his proposal, so he was filled with hope. However, before Nolan could begin to speak, President Donovan's secretary interrupted. "Sorry for the interruption...President, I have a message for you."
With a polite demeanor Secretary Jhon handed him the phone, moments later Donovan's face changed turning pale, almost reflexively he rose abruptly from his seat and left without paying attention to the others. Everyone in the room was confused, however, they remembered Donovan's appearance and immediately realized that something was wrong.
Secretary Jhon seeing everyone confused calmly bowed.
"The meeting ends here, the president will delay the meeting for later, I apologize in advance."
He then left the room and headed straight for the president's office, when he entered Donovan was upset.
"Jon, my son is in danger!"
Jhon opened his eyes wide, he couldn't believe his ears. "President, please calm down, what makes you think so?"
"I got a message from the bank, 5 million has been withdrawn from the account of my account, don't waste time call the guards and policemen I'm heading to the villa!!!"
"President wait...e"
Jhon wanted to speak however Donovan didn't give him time to even process everything. Before leaving Donovan paused for a moment.
"Ah! Another thing my wife won't find out."
"Yeah."
After watching his boss disappear, Jhon pulled out his cell phone and began to mobilize.
Leaving at lightning speed Donovan drove to his villa, he had to make sure everything was okay. Upon entering the house in the living room, he heard some men talking, he immediately deduced that they were the kidnappers, half of the accompanying bodyguards had taken their position, the atmosphere was tense, they had already concluded that the little prince apparently was not alone.

0