Checking Out My Gear
339 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a forest, a day's ride from Orario. At the time of Bell's first day in Orario.

An extremely handsome, pure white renard awoke to the chirping of a small bird's calls in a thicket of trees. Looking around, he realized he only had a pair of gray boxers on.

"Well I'm not naked, that's nice."

At the base of the nearest tree lay a letter with a wax seal of a capital letter S. On the backside written the name Worm was visible.

"She left me a letter, hmm."

Opening it; golden sparks flew off the letter into Strahd himself. A huge surge of adrenaline coursed through him as the sparks made contact with his skin, and gave information about his gifts and skills.

"Nice."

"Choosing the Nazgul Pack over the other ones was definitely worth the risk."

Reaching out his hand, a dark crimson ripple of spacetime appeared in the air in front of it. This was his Mana Treasury; its purpose was to be a pocket dimension of storage.

The space inside is measured by the user's magicule limit cap. And since he has the Magicule Breeder Reactor skill; it was theoretically infinite.

It worked very similarly to Gilgamesh's noble phantasm. In theory he could copy Gil's if he also ended up getting countless weapons and items.

Calling forth the item in mind, it surged forth out of the portal. A black robed cloak with steel armor landed in front of him.

Ringwraith Armor; Its properties only activated when the entire outfit was fully equipped. The properties were; Aura of Terror (passive), Black Breath(active), Conceal Identity (passive), Cry of Despair (active).

After equipping the armor; the entire forest went silent except for the soft breeze going through the trees.

"SPOOOooky! Haha. Where is the ring? Hahuhhaha."

"Alright, next goodie."

Pulling down his hood, the wildlife noises slowly returned.

Summoning two more portals, two blades slowly appeared out from them. The smaller of the two was the legendary morgul-blade which could potentially turn someone into a wraith.

The other looked like one of the longswords that one of the ringwraiths would use. But in fact it was just a replica made out of the legendary Uru, and blessed by Superbia herself. Its name was Hubris.

Reaching out with both of his hands he tried to wield both at once. But nearly dropped them as he realized he was still at the base stats for a normal renard teenager; except for his op magic pool.

Realizing this could be a great time to test mana burst. He utilized the newfound knowledge in his mind, and activated it to augment his body.

The sensation of mana flowing around and inside him was marvelous. It made him imagine himself momentarily as the jedi and sith from star wars dueling powerfully with the force.

He didn't want to attract too much attention at the moment; so after briefly testing the skill to wield the blades he canceled the skill, and willed the weapons to disappear.

In addition to the armor and blades, he received a literal king's share of gold in the form of valis. Thankfully it was all in his treasury since he had received 180 million valis. 180 million valis! The info he got from the letter was the exchange rate to usd, was about 6 million. He'll have to be careful or the authorities might demand some huge unknown tax on it.

Finally his two summons.

Calling out to his treasury. He reached his hand in and pulled out a small black crystal and a plain metal disc. Putting mana into the crystal it softened squishing it a black slime fell to the ground and formed a large black circle. He kept up the pressure till none was left in his hand.

As this happened, a pitch black stallion came out of the depths. The only other color it had was its baleful red eyes.

Turning its head, it finally bowed its head towards me.

I reached out and stroke his mane. "I'll name you Shadowmere. How does that sound?" Nodding its head in satisfaction, Shadowmere nodded.

"Alright, move back and make sure to show great respect Shadowmere."

"I'm going to attempt to use my unique summon to summon a goddess. I don't intend to play second fiddle to Bell Cranel." The idea of making a new familia in Orario really tickles my fancy.

He smiled;

"To be honest Shadowmere, I'm still wondering if I'll wake up soon at the chapel on earth. And all of this will have been a dream."

"But even if it is, I'll enjoy it to the fullest!"

Injecting the metal disk with his mana, he placed it on the ground. And prayed:

"Please send a wonderful goddess to help me. I seek to enjoy and bring joy to the people of this world. I seek a goddess of noble spirit and valor to assist in this work."

After speaking these words a flash of glorious golden light appeared where the disk used to be.

"I divine spirit, Artoria Pendragon, Goddess Rhongomyniad, Lion King, King of storms; ask you wielding my sword and lance, mortal of this strange world; why have you summoned me?

25