Arc 1-Chapter 7
452 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had finally finished making the cover for this story ^_^ A big Yay for me! How was the cover? Still practicing my drawing and coloring skills... anyway, I would like to thank the people who was taking time in reading this story. Pardon for my wrong grammars and incorrect spellings and use of words. As you can see, I think this would be a very very slow pace of story.



Chapter 7 - [ His Majesty, The Emperor ]


The Demon Prince of Pride, Ethel Lumen Argent Arkavelnias. With grey silky long hair, tied in the dead Anime mom hairstyle, (is that a premonition?) piercing light green eyes and a fair white skin with a slender and lithe build. Until now, he was one of the most good looking person that I encountered. If he was compared to Succi, I'm sorry to admit that he was up for a few points on the beauty standard. But Despite his good looking appearance, he was a person who was so good that you wouldn't resist the invitation of him at having a punch on his face because of his hateful superiority complex. 


I'm sorry for the previous fans of him out there on earth, but what did you find admirable in this incarnation of Pride, his face? 


" I heard that you are called by the Emperor, Insect. "


While I was imagining on how would I initiate a punch on his face, I was surprised when he initiated a conversation by himself through it was still labeled by insult. For a prideful person like him, I expected that the other people would be the one who would do the talk. Even he was now talking, his chin are raised a little bit and he was wearing a mocking stare. How fascinating, even he was silent, his body posture still manage to convey his 'you are beneath on me' message.


Such silly thoughts aside, and unconsciously curling up my lips, I better answer his highness Lumen, (one of my supposed to be brothers) less he became impatient.


" Yes, I was called by Fa– ... "


Should I call the Demon Lord a Father or Emperor? Or was the Emperor are for formality's sake?


" ...The Emperor of the matters regarding the Lucia Town. "


In less than a second, I decided to imitate brother dearest on calling the Demon Lord the Emperor for formality's sake. But his next behavior was strange, what is with that raised eyebrow?


" I see...I guess I don't have enough time to take a pity and initiate a conversation with a mere insect. "


Why did you even talk in the first place?


" Well if brother has a more important and urgent matters, this little brother wouldn't want to cause an inconvenience. "


" Tch. I have more productive and important matters than talking with a useless insect. "


I guess that was a sign of dismissal?


"Such carelessness, It was unexpected "

Not even saying a goodbye... He was very rude. But what is that stuff that he was talking about? While watching him walking like his talk with me didn't bother him at all, (since he looks like he was in his own world...) While watching, I noticed the way that he walk is full of arrogance. Why the hell does he look so dignified and aloof? Behind myself, I heard Succi sighing in relief after watching Lumen disappear into the distance. 


" Are you feeling well now, my Prince? "


No, I am not. If this is what the Demon of Pride looks like, how was my other siblings would act? Seeing Lumen like that has given me a shock but at the same time he was giving me an urge to cringe.


Imagining the other demons, It suddenly give me an urge to shiver. Heck, why does I even got here in the first place? Sigh, If i just got onto a NPC character with no worries in life how wonderful it would be? If things would just be so simple. Being a Prince and one of the candidates in the throne is troublesome. Considering my supposed to be siblings are demons and I am certain that in the shadows, they are plotting to kill each other.


From what I remember in the novel, there are two successful killing attempts, but that was an another story. For now, I am required to meet his Majesty, the Emperor.


" Let's go now Succi. "


" Yes, your highness! "


The walk in the Demon Palace was interesting. It was different from the Belphegor castle. It was much more bigger, wider and grander. The pillars are made of some kind of black crystal, It was shiny and attractive but at the same time, It was giving me a strange feeling. After enquiring it from Succi, I learned that it was from a material called "Devil Crystal". Just by hearing the name, it was giving me a bad feeling.


" Prince, The Devil Crystal is a magic gem only found in the most chaotic, darkest and dangerous places of Demon Empire. It was helpful on dispersing light magic spells and amplifying the dark mana on the environment. "


Thanks for informing me, Succipedia-sensei! I was really thankful that I learned a lot of things from you!


While looking around and walking, I notice some strange things. Despite the grandeur of the palace, I noticed how it was lacking of life. I expected to see some guards. But on our walk, I literally see nothing. No one, zero, empty, there is no guard who was responsible for the DEF of this place in case someone decided to attack this palace. In case of wondering, I am 100 certain that it would be attacked in the near future, considering all of the events would happen just like in the novel. 


Demon Emperor is this your way of saying of "I'm so ridiculously OP and strong that I don't need them!" you have really a big guts, so bold and fearless! But in the face of the Protagonist Aura and Plot Armor, you are nothing!.... but remembering what kind of Novel is this, sigh, I can understand some of my weird Otaku friends who was feeling quite sentimental about this novel. Even through it has quite a few plot holes and some mysteries.


A lot of time we have spent walking, we finally arrived and saw a very very large door. We are finally outside of the throne room, where two guards are standing on each side. Even now, I wouldn't be stopped in being amaze by this Fantasy World, a Dullahan, Seriously? 


" Prince, I would wait here for you outside. "


I nodded my head at her. The two guards glance at me before opening the door of the throne room. Succi has informed to me before that while everyone was allowed to meet the Emperor on occasions, It was different for formal meetings in the Palace. Only the People living in the Castle, Important officials and the Emperor's children are allowed to meet the Emperor.


As I stepped on the throne room, I nearly dropped on my knees as I felt a weird oppressing feeling in the room. It was giving me a feeling of fear and nervousness.


What the hell is this?! Is this the so called Last Boss Aura?


On the distance, a person sat on the elevated throne separated by the golden stairs and the smooth glass crystal tiles with the famous red carpet. He was donned in black robes and a cape hung on his shoulder covering most of his body. He had a long silky black hair. From the distance, I should be able to discern his face a bit, unfortunately, I didn't know that his golden crown adorned by gems had a veil attached to them that was helping on covering his face.


The Only thing that I can recognize is the pair of crimson eyes that even the veil covered them, the striking feature of those eyes didn't lose their quality. It glowed like a beacon in the dark.


" How interesting. "


The Demon Emperor's deep yet smooth voice echoed sounding amused more than ever the years he was living his life in boredom.

11