Arc 1-Chapter 15
404 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
sorry that i have just updated today. our wifi connection is down. (-_-) my everyday updates are affected because of it.

 

Chapter 15 [ Carelessness frights the cat– " I thought that the Max level is 500!! " ]

(Protagonist PoV)

Gathering.... Do I really need to go?

while looking at my reflection at the mirror, I contemplated the meaning (craziness) of my life. I feel lazy, tired, frightened, confused and unstable– it was a myriad mixture of complex emotions. Since I have regained my past life memories while losing the present one, (is that really the case at all? I don't even believe that I am really Louis) I have experience many complicated, wonderful, scary and crazy things since I wake up.

With every experience, I feel that I am gaining or losing something.

So now here I am in front of the mirror, reflecting on myself before we go at the town. Succi will go with me along with Avro– the town citizens insisted that I bring along the guy. I still haven't managed to overcome the very interesting experience the other day. I wish that we just left him here, but the citizens would be more angry at me.

" We don't need him here! "

" Bring him along with you Cambion! "

" Even better that you all don't come back! "

" How dare you to say that to Prince! "

" Succi, calm down. "

" But Prince! "

" They we're just scared....of Avro. "

In fact I agree in their opinion that Avro is very creepy and scary. I can understand why they insist that I bring along the guy. Through he is also one of the reasons why I am having a self reflection time on the mirror right now.

Fantasy + Demons + Magic + Culture = Absolutely bat shit insane morals.

This is a very mad mad world.

You see, I am once a guy with Impossible cliché Otaku Dreams. I want to go in Isekai, gain OP powers and somehow make a Harem one day.

Now that one of my wish was fulfilled in an unconditional way. I think I am starting to regret it. I wanted to take it back. No more Otaku Dreams... the crazy demons aren't worth it.

I think I want to have more realistic goal now in this world.

" Prince are you done changing? Can I open the door now? "

I wanted to survive.

Yup Fenix, you are such an idiot. Is that a realistic goal? If I tried hard enough it is achievable. I already survived one time and my supposed to be fate in the Novel right? I could try to survive again even I would have some obstacles along the way. As long as I am determined. I can fulfill my goals!!

And dying from slipping on the staircase was painful, so painful. I don't have plan on experiencing other death so soon. If I would die, I want it to be on my own circumstances and it wasn't fucking painful.

" Prince? "

" I'm going! "

I walked towards the door and opened it. Succi frowned and asked.

" Prince, why are you taking so long? This is very important! We need to be early for his Majesty's Important Announcement! "

" Avro? "

" He was already sleeping in the carriage, Prince. "

" Guess, we're ready to go now. "

Sigh, why do I need to meet them so soon? I don't really want to go...

And even I spent some time practicing in how should I act in my supposed to be siblings. I am not READY.

Some things that I learned about them from Avro and Succi didn't help either.

" Prince, I think that should they learn of your condition.... It would be bad. VERY BAD!! "

" Why? "

" Your Highness it will be seen as weakness. "

" Why did I even join in the struggle for the throne? It would be better if I'm not. "

" Don't say such words Prince!! ...umm...well, even through you don't want it.. you are of his Majesty's son and blood so...you are automatically part of the struggle once you are introduced as our Prince. "

" Your Highness let's start your etiquette lessons..... again. So bothersome, any chance of whacking your head can regain your memories my highness? "

" You Insane Apothecary!! Don't you dare to use your tricks on me just like what you did to the Citizens!! "

" Avro, don't you dare to hurt the Prince! "

" This would help him in the long run.... But better to try it to other people first if it's effective, before I can try it to the Prince. "

" I'm safe... "

" Your Highness... Your Previous and your current personality is so.. "

" Different? "

" Correct. "

" Well how different? "

" Your Highness, after the etiquette lessons, It would be better if you start acting as a proud, unapproachable and distant. Such phrases as This Prince, Mongrel, Useless Servant, Useless Maid, Dearest Sister or Brother– with a hint of Sarcasm and Body language of Don't approach me would be helpful. "

" Umm.. That was a..I think I will try– Hey! What are you doing?! You freaking Apothecary get up!! "

" I'm tired, I want to sleep now on the floor. "

" Umm.. Prince? "

" What is it Succi? "

" Can I get the broom? "

"...uhh...sure? "

" I would make sure to clean the trash from the floor, Prince! "

Well, let's see If I can survive the gathering.

 

..........................

 

Demon Empire Capital– Ragas.
Irisha, Year 9010 Third Month– Day 28.

 

Trickery,Lust,Death,Pride,Wrath,War,Envy,Pestilence,Malice,Gluttony,Greed and Sloth– The Twelve Evils in the World of Irisha of the fourth cycle. Also known as the Dozen spawns of the Demon Emperor.

They were cruel, heartless and cold beings. Even the Demon Emperor hasn't still declared upon the world as he established the Demon Empire and risen as the Third Demon Lord, peace was only for a moment of time.

Pillages,burning,killings,miseries, and small destruction are common in the world of Irisha. Small skirmishes and war do happen in the span of centuries.

Instigated or participated by them. Most of them are unrestrained and does as they pleases. Lives and happiness are taken as a result.

That was what I have summarized from the reading the contents of the novel. No matter how attractive and good looking they are– as how often those Fangirls and Fanboys would have a discussion about them. I am not one of those guys who would pay attention to their looks right now.

Now, that I am here and would encounter them. Not just one, but the whole set of the dozen. I can proudly say that I am one of a hell of a brave person or an idiot guy for arriving!

It would be a miracle if I'm not officially screwed at the end of this Gathering.

" There's a lot of people! "

Succi exclaimed as we entered the Palace. Her face was an expression mix of wonder and amazement. while we are walking (in avro's case dying while walking and slouching) I can't help but notice the people's stare.

" My Prince, the ArchDuke and other important officials are also here."

Fuck, I feel so uncomfortable. It was like I am back in having an impromptu report in front of the class but twenty times worse! I can't help but feel envious from Succi that looks comfortable and so casual while looking around (like a rural village girl on her first time arriving at the city). I hope I can also look at the people with childish wonderment.

" Highness."

I suddenly feel a pat on my shoulder. I stopped walking and look at Avro behind me.

" Calm down. "

He said. His purple eyes was staring at me.

" Chin up, raise your head and walk confidently. Remember your practice. "

Easy for you to say! The Practice and Reality are so different. There are so many people! It wasn't like the citizens at the Lucia Town either. Imagining the Monster Citizens, angry and holding pitchforks– I can say that I am more comfortable in facing them.

" Oh, shit.... I'm so nervous, what should I do? I need a distraction... "

" Your Highness.. "

Avro was displeased when he saw my eyes glowed red.

" Using empower in such matters.."

Better to use it now for distraction. (Through they only know that I use empower– a skill from my second class, not my Omniscient Basic Appraisal)

[Name: ArchDuke Bero Pura Level:500]

[Name: Cayenne Horu Level: 840]

[Name: ArchDuke Lustass Level: 750]

[Name: Legato Byaran Level:600]

[Name: ArchDuke Sayf Level: 1000 ]

[ Name: Nana Ave Level: 905]

[ Name: Sitir Senhor Level: 990]

[........]

One by one their statuses information has appeared in my mind. I am hoping for a distraction to calm my nerves....

" Prince?"" Highness? "

" well... Avro, your right. Using empower(OBA) is a waste of in this..what is it that you have said again? Chin up? I would gladly do so. "

I said as I tried to calm my trembling hands.

Freaking Hell!! I want to go back now!
I expected the ArchDukes to be between the level of 200-300 with the level 500 being the Max Level for the Demon Lord.... Now, I am very wrong in my assumption.

WHAT LEVEL IS THE DEMON LORD?!

Whoever deity or higher being is out there right now, why did you make me so weak? Level 30?! I wouldn't not survive!!

11