Arc 1-Chapter 16
400 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16- [ Siblings Reunion ]

 

(Ethel's PoV)

 

When Ethel arrive he was 'warmly' welcomed.

" Feeling Self Important as always, dear little brother. "

He look at his 'Brother' fiercely with his light green eyes. Then he clicked his tongue in distaste as his brother was wearing his brightly colored so called decent and well fitted clothes. He was inching to burn the horrible abomination or get out of the palace and return to his territory to don't encounter his eyesore of a brother.

" Hmph. As always your sense of beauty and fashion are... Disgusting. Have you no shame wearing that? You are mistaken as a clown with your clothes, not befitting of your status as the Prince. "

Ethel glance at his other siblings on the table briefly before he sat at his respective seat.

" The bug isn't here? "

He casually questioned while frowning at distaste on the lively atmosphere of the Palace Hall. There are so many people. He doesn't like them staining the Palace with their presence, even the ArchDukes.

" My~ is that a concern that I hear from you Ethel, my dear? "

Ethel ignored his Sister. He wasn't amused with the current situation. When Ethel received a letter from their Father, he expected that it would be only them. Not with the ArchDukes attending or the Servants. For their father to announce something shouldn't it be better if it just them?

" Mou~ I can't wait to hear what would Luno say~ "

Beside his seat, Alice giggled while squishing her toy tightly. Her nails are digging on the toy deeply causing it to bleed again. Ethel frowned.

" Something wrong Bro-ther? Do you want to say hi to Hola? He's my new toy~ isn't he so cute? "

Ethel ignored her causing the latter to dig her black nails deeper to her new toy. He has no desire to talk to her and glance at Wallace who was clinging to Fina.

Disgusting....

" Louis isn't still here? "

" Sister, He doesn't like being called by his true name remember? "

" Right, I forgot~ I'm certain that he would glare at me if I called him like that. "

" Nee, Sister you should stop thinking about him... I am here. "

" Well, it was the first time that I remembered him being late. "

Fina is right. The disgusting bug always arrived on time. The insect is always one of the earliest. Ethel was supposed to be the one who would always arrived late...with fashion.

The Grand Entrance is for him and him only. He is the special one. The most superior, his other 11 siblings are just mere displays but they're not the highlights, It is him. As for the pathetic worm he was a tr–

" LOUIS!! "

His sensitive elven ears are startled by his little sister's voice. It was like a screeching banshee. He glared at her before directing his glare to the newcomer.

" Your late. how path– "

He stopped and frowned when he noticed the useless trash flinching.

That thing didn't really happened before.

" I apologize. "

The mere ant said. He smiled slightly which didn't go unnoticed by them. His usually unaffected little brother Ares raised his brows.

The pathetic trash apologize?

" I... I mean, It won't happen next time. "

Hmm.. Did he eat something poisoned? He remembered Fina telling them that the Pathetic Trash can only eat human food. Eating Demon crops can cause him to be ill.

" Louis are you certain, you are fine? "

Fina's tail are shaking anxiously, Wallace are glaring at the bug .

" Umm.. I'm fine. "

" I'm glad~ "

The glared intensified further. The bug before deciding to sat on his seat, has adjusted his chair that was beside Fina, a little further away.

Just like always the bug was distancing himself from Fina and her Obsessive Twin Brother.

" Dear Sister, doesn't need to concern herself. "

The bug said(tried to say) the word Dear Sister in a mocking tone, but it doesn't have their usual resentment and edge on it.

This, is really.... unusual. And it look likes his other siblings have taken interest on the bug's unusual behavior even through he tried to cover them.

" Mou~ Alice is having fun. Are you having fun too Bro-ther? "

The mismatched eyes behind the smiling mask glowed.

" Yes, it is interesting little sister. "

" Ahh, my little brother , I would introduce you to my Servant later is that alright? "

" Are you purposely acting weird to get Attention? "

" He doesn't look like ill or poisoned to me. "

" The same for me, he is in a healthy condition. "

" I'm getting impatient now.. "

So noisy. They are so loud and boisterous. Ethel doesn't like the noise but looks like the bug looks more uncomfortable than him. As he has his head down, not looking at any of them.

" Louis? "

Fina look anxiously at the bug as he suddenly stand up. What is he up now? Is he planning something despite his strange behavior? Or is he just acting for his useless scheme against them?

" Pardon... But I think I am needed somewhere right now. "

As he said that, the bug has averted their eyes to them and look around the populous crowd before his deep black eyes has zeroed on the farthermost table on the hall. There, Ethel saw the familiar maidservant of the bug looking anxiously at the worm together with another servant– who was massaging his head and looking at the Prince with exasperated face.

" Needed, Needed where? "

A disdainful cold and emotionless voice asked. Evangeline pursed her lips. Her red eyes glowed menacingly as she look at the bug.

" Somewhere Important. "

The bug said before standing up. He quickly strode out of the table before Ethel found him a few minutes together with his Servants.

" I feel insulted. "

Ethel concluded at the finale of this event. His brother, March was chuckling behind his smiling mask.

" It was very interesting. "

" Sister didn't you hear how fast his heart was beating? "

Wallace asked Fina. Now that he think about it. His little brother is right. He was rather preoccupied with the bug's behavior that he didn't notice the noise with his sensitive elven ears. Added to the fact that the crowd is lively and he has a boisterous siblings on his side.

" Oh~ Lit-tle Bro-ther is scared? "

" It certainly seems so Alice. "

" Delightful! Now, Alice is interested~ "

" As I am feeling also, my little sister. "

" I think I found a new game that we can play Bro-ther~ "

" It certainly seems so, Alice. "

His brother March and little sister Alice are definitely a bad news if you caught their interest and attention.

" Unfair! No way! Louis is gonna play with me! "

" Sister... "

" Didn't he dislike that name my dear? "

" But he didn't stop me from calling him by his true name earlier! "

" Yes, It looks like he has forgotten it my dear. Despite him leaving, I can't wait to introduce him to my dear little Hayden later. "

" You have taken another servant? "

" Yes, Evangeline my dear. "

" How hateful... "

Another conflict seems brewing again by his two siblings. Usually he would always embedded in another conflict by one of his siblings. But now he was currently preoccupied with the bug.

Ethel can't get it out of his mind.

Now that he remember it, his encounter previously with the bug is certainly strange just like this one.

13