Arc 1–Chapter 19
369 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19- [ His highness, the Prince– A new start between the Prince and his Citizens ]

( Protagonist PoV)

Even with how many times this fantasy world was so wonderful and fantastical, I would still forever miss the Earth with it's technological innovation and inventions.

Specially, in the times like this.

Drip..

Drip..

Drip..

On the secluded area within my residence, covered by trees and bushes– beside the well, I am currently taking my freaking bath at six o'clock in the morning.

" Fuck, I hate taking bath in the morning!! "

I would dearly miss the soaps, the shampoos, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash and the hair gels!

Grabbing the pail of water with both of my hands, I raise them and poured the water into my head.

" Cold!! "

I can't keep on living like this!

...................................

(Third Person View Point)

Irisha, Year 9010 of the Fourth cycle.
Third Month - Day 30

It's been two days since his Majesty, the Emperor's declaration. Two days since the frightening experience, that his highness the Prince has encountered.

Currently, the citizens of the Lucia Town was wondering why they are called all of a sudden by the Cambion's maidservant succubus and the town's eccentric apothecary. All of them are gathered in the center of the town where the town plaza is located. When the citizens arrived at the plaza, the Prince is already there waiting for all of the citizens of Lucia town to arrive. In total, there are 50 citizens of the Lucia town currently which was lacking compared to the other towns of the Belphegor kingdom. When the Citizens arrived, they glance at the Cambion.  Currently, he was dressed in white sleeve shirt, black pants and dark blue coat with a light blue ribbon tied to his collar. It was a rather simple clothing, which was lacking compared to his previous attires.

The Prince glance at the Citizens. Their eyes are completely focused on him. Gazes that was full of frustrations, annoyance and anger. It was clear in their eyes how they obviously dislike his presence.

" What do you want, Cambion? I have more important matters than entertaining someone like you. "

A banshee citizen said. The other citizens winced when they heard her voice. The Prince sighed as he look at her. To the surprise of everyone, the Prince bowed his head. Just like what happened previously. The Citizens suddenly felt uncomfortable. Even with how it was clear that they didn't acknowledge the Cambion's status because of his human blood and other reasons, he was still his Majesty's blood.

" Again, I would like to apologize. "

The Prince raised his head.

" I would like to apologize for my incompetency as your Town Lord. Because of my previous actions and I was lacking in abilities, lives were lost during the attacks of the Mindless beast. Some infrastructures are also destroyed. "

As they look at the Prince, the citizens felt complicated emotions run through them. It's been two times that the Prince apologize to them because of his incompetence. The other towns wouldn't surely experience things like this. The other towns that was currently ruled by the demon Princes and Princesses wouldn't either. The other children of the emperor wouldn't lower themselves to apologize if they had made mistakes.

" Why are you apologizing? "

The skeleton blacksmith shop owner asked. The Prince face look hesitant at first but his eyes steeled with determination before he answered. (They didn't know if it were just their mind playing with them but did they just saw the Prince's eyes glow red?)

" If it would be possible... I would want to ask if everyone can give me an another chance. I'm sorry for all of the mistakes that I have made for this town. But I wanted to ask if I could start all over again. This time, I promise that I would certainly ... Not just try my best, but I would make the town better for everyone. "

The Prince look at them with a hopeful expression on his face. It was certain that he was a human with his simple actions. He was looking at them– there are no trace of hostility within them. Demon's aren't kind. They are cruel and malicious. They have no kindness existing on them. But maybe, they can give the Prince an another chance.

But....

" Such Audacity! "

Someone scoffed. The Person– if he can be called a person at all is a slime.

" You have claimed before that you would make the town better. "

The Prince looks uncomfortable. The Citizens watched on how one of their comrades tested the Prince. Even if they would wanted to give the Prince an another chance. He wouldn't get it so easily.

" Yes, I have. For that I would apologize. I would make sure this time! "

The Prince exclaimed. Tension can be heard through his voice. Some of the Citizens were amused. Behind the Prince, his maidservant and the eccentric apothecary are staring at them.

" We don't need your apology. "

" I know. "

The citizens watched the growing tension between the Prince and Omurda.

" Well then... "

Omurda finally look at them. They inclined their head.

" We will give you an another chance, Cambion Prince. "

The Prince sighed in relief. Some tension on his shoulders eased.

" Thank you. "

" But please be reminded that we wouldn't give you an another chance. If you failed there are certain lessons that needed to be learned, Cambion Prince. "

The Prince nodded. He was surprised when Omurda took out a scroll and a parchment inside himself. That was certainly disturbing. He even wondered how can Omurda write with his gooey and slippery hand. He was surprised when the scroll and quill levitated. The quill started writing on it's own. After writing on the scroll, Omurda's faceless body stepped closer to him. Now, he knows what would Omurda asked him.

" There are certain lessons that needed to be learned just like in certain fairy tales, Cambion Prince. Now would you form a contract with us? You can't back out once you agreed just like what happened with Princess Willow. "

" I know. I promise that I would certainly make the town better.... and comfortable. "

Omurda shuddered as a smile formed on the Prince's lips.

" You would certainly be one of the witnesses to the changes that I would bring to this town. "

11