Arc 1–Chapter 22
377 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22 [ The Thirteenth and the Light Apprentice ]

(Protagonist PoV)

Monthly Gathering, organize by the Princes and Princesses of the Demon Empire. The gathering is held in the palace of the Demon Emperor.

The normal monthly gathering is done on the table and chairs within one of the rooms of the palace. There, the siblings would spent most of their time talking about boring topics. They would spent their bitter time to each other which was encouraging their hating moments. They would also ask how each of them is doing well.(how are they still alive) And ask about each other's progress in their towns. Some may even start boasting their accomplishments and blah blah blah... In the end there may also a possibility of killing each other during the gathering.

The flow of the monthly gathering which I listened to Succi for quite some time has literally been skewered by my perception of my siblings. But I already(a little bit?) got the gist of it.

Currently, I am in the palace and finding the said (discussion?) room which Succi said was in one of the deepest part of the palace. Before that, I even meet the Emperor to pay my respect. As always, his leaking big bad aura is terrifying. It is too scary!!
But I think that I have made an error in our conversation....

I'm screwed!! I have fucked up our conversation! Do I still need to go in the monthly gathering or run away and get back to the town as soon as possible?

I still remembered how our conversation went....

-----------------------------------

" What are you doing here? "

The Emperor asked while I have my head bowed and one of my knees on the red carpet. He was staring down at me from his throne. Wow, how can this guy keep spending his time sitting on the throne? This throne room is void of people and interesting things. Does he not get bored at all?

Fuck..fuck...fuck.. Oh my god I shouldn't think such disrespectful things...I can't afford to get distracted! This is the Mr. Villain, if I say the wrong word, I may get killed! Why did I even think that it was such a good idea to greet him? But I don't know if my siblings are also greeting his emperor... I forgot to ask Succi! If they did and i didn't pay my respect, I would look disrespectful... And that matter may get me killed.

Fuck, his eyes are staring at me. It's Terrifying! Wait...is he displease? I have done something wrong right?

" Greetings, ... Father. umm... I have just come to pay my respects to... you? "
Wait, why did it sounded like a question? Wrong words for me!!

" You don't need to come. "

" I see... I'm sorry if I have bothered your time, Father.

Meh, I shouldn't have bothered at all.. see? the Emperor even agreed.

" Your illness. "

The Emperor said as his red eyes was still staring.

" Uhh...Illness? "

Did he mean my Amnesia? What did he mean by it?

" It seems you're memories aren't still back. "

Yup, still not back.

" The humans has no cure for your illness. "

Well, how unfortunate... But did the Emperor look at such matters? How OOC!! It seems that he still cares? Or I am just misunderstanding something?

" You shouldn't concern yourself in my matters...Father. "

I decided to test out his reaction. But now i know that this is a bad idea as the scary red eyes narrowed. I regret! I fucking regret!

" I am not concerned. "

The terrifying aura has increased.

" Leave. "

Quickly, I made my way out of throne room, walking out for my pitiful life.

----------------------------

After paying my respects, I distance myself away from the throne room. When I have gotten outside, I can still feel the terrifying pressure but it disappeared a few moments after.

I'm stupid for saying those words. I know that I have courted a death flag.

Do I still need to go to the gathering? Or is it better to go back in town and start hiding?

.............................

(Nora's PoV)

Irisha, Year 9010 of the Fourth Cycle
Third Month–Day 35

Within the Holy Church Headquarters was one of the apprentices of the Holy Maiden. Her name is Nora. Nora Twainart. She has been apprentice under the Holy Maiden for 5 years.

Nora frowned as she read the contents of the letter. She can't believe at the information written on them. It was surprising and unbelievable.

" Another... "

Nora grasped the parchment tightly that it was crumpling.

" Thirteenth... "

Nora sighed. She forced to calm herself down.

" The Demon Emperor has an another child. "

The Demon Emperor has procreated and begotten an another demon spawn. Those malicious beings that she hated so much. Nora look at the parchment and smiled bitterly. She used her two hands to hold the parchment and started tearing the parchment into pieces. She watched it fall to the ground.

" How unbelievable.... We have another evil to defeat.... Is he stronger than them? Or weaker? I need to further clarify the information first. "

Nora can't tell the Holy Maiden of the contents until she has enough information. As she look at the Mirror in her room, she saw the reflection of the shredded parchment on the floor.

She gritted her teeth and shifted her body. Nora was looking at the parchment on the floor. She raised her hand and smiled coldly.

[ PURIFY!! ]

The shredded parchment started to burn and disintegrate to ashes. As she stared at it, Nora can feel the frustration that was building inside her alleviate a little.

" Prince Ignotus Noir Arkavelnias... Would you be as cruel as those two? Will you be as evil as your older siblings? "

It's been Five years... Five Years since they have disappeared and their traces are found which was quite near on a burned village. She have been told that they were killed by the demons. Those two hateful demons. His Father was one of their helpless and pitiful victims.

When she arrived on that place she has seen her Father locked up on a cage and brutally killed. She remembered her Father's body... Her father was– Nora stopped. Remembering them was unbearable for her. It was painful.

" Fina Jajunus Otruille Arkavelnias, Wallace Lucrum Gris Arkavelnias..."

Nora clenched her fist tightly as she muttered their name with so much venom and hatred.

7