Arc 1–Chapter 24
365 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24 [ Peace ]

In the world of Irisha, there exist a factions and organizations. They are divided into three types. The Public, Secret and Illegal.

The public type or organizations and factions are the widely acknowledged by people around the world and known by the People.

One of them was the Holy Church, which was a religious organization. Their goal was to spread the greatness and word of the Goddess of Light and void the world of Irisha with evil and chaos. Their ultimate dream is the Eternal Peace of the World.

Following the Holy Church was the Adventure's Guild. It was a public worldwide organization that employs missions and helps the people to gain jobs and earn money by becoming an adventurer. By becoming an adventurer you also gained respect and recognition from many people. Specially, if you are high rank adventurer.

Next was the Organization behind the Magic Academy– The Magic Association. It was compose of many powerful mages from different races.

Following it was the Fighter guild. A union of people from different physical classes. They can be considered the opposite of the Magic Association. Despite that, the two association was in good terms and was very close to each other.

Lastly the known organization in public was the Lifestyle Guild. Compose of people from the so called support classes. Merchants, Blacksmiths, Apothecary, Alchemist, Engineers, Bards and etc.

Secret Organizations are considered 'Secret'. Only the members of those Organizations knows their existence. In some circumstances a few people knows them.

One of such examples of those Organizations was the Assassin's Guild. Members of the said guild was hired to do assassination missions.

Lastly, The Illegal Organizations– they were infamous and held a very bad reputation to the people of the organization. The Most publicly acknowledge and most infamous of them was the Abyss Seven Cult. Compose of crazy and insane people who was considered to be capable of many degrading actions. Members of their group include Evil Alchemist, Necromancers and people of classes from dark affinity. They worship the Darkness. And was to be said an absolute fanatic of the Demon Emperor.

..................................

(Protagonist PoV)

Succi and Avro was currently staring at me with grim expressions.

" Your Highness. "

" Prince.... "

On the distance, the citizens are staring at us. Interested in the events that was currently happening. Since our relationship has gotten better, a few of them become daring. They were interested on my matters and a few of them can't help but inquire(gossip).

Staring at them, I can't help but clench my fist.

" I...I.. can't.."

I feel that my morality has degraded because of what happened earlier from the gathering.

Under their stares and Fina's cheerful face, I have no choice but to accept. I am scared, scared that if I didn't accept that there was a possibility of me getting killed. Seeing their levels didn't help either. I was basically unfamiliar with them other than my knowledge of them from the Novel which didn't help either as they are described as cruel and heartless. We weren't close either. We aren't what is consider a normal siblings should be like. We are competing for the throne aren't we? If I have displease them....

If somehow I refuse and they are just displease, I don't know what will happen with the corpse. It was already in a bad state considering the torture (probably from March) and the dissecting of brain and cutting a feet from Harrison. It made me feel guilty if they decided to make the body suffer further. At least with me, I can give it a proper burial.

After being instructed on how to use the ball to store the corpse by March, the monthly gathering has started. Ethel have talk about how his territory was building a giant statue of him. Evangeline said that she was a bit on low funds as she have hired some people to do their job but they aren't successful in their attempts. Ares has explained the construction of a coliseum arena in his town. And invited us to watch the participants once it was finished. He also asked us what type of race should he capture to become a participant to his amusement. I felt sick when they eagerly answered him. Wallace considered that he can kill the slave traders and take the slaves from them. He was berated by Fina saying he should be considerate while they are both looking at me.

I don't know what I should feel that time.

After Ares turn, it was Fina's and Wallace. She enthusiastically told us the delicious food of her town while Wallace was just quietly listening beside her. He helpfully supplied her with some information that she had forgotten while he was touching her hand tightly.

Fina and Wallace are very close. Considering that they are twins, maybe it just normal for them?

Finally at the end of their turn, they mentioned the fact that they would visit the west continent soon and Fina would like to try the human foods again and see if they have improved.

In March's side, he told us the reason on Alice's absence. She was currently 'playing' in some part of the western continent. Meaning, she was attacking the humans. As the gathering had ended, I quickly excuse myself. I have made my way to the Teleportation room and made entered the portal to Belphegor kingdom. After greeting and thanking the ArchDuke Bero Pura, I entered the carriage which was being carried by the Mare Horses. I spent my journey looking at the ball which I have been holding in my hand.

If I may have cried before I arrived at the Lucia town, no one needs to know other than me.

As I got down the carriage, I was welcomed by Succi and Avro when I have entered the town. Not bothering on greeting them, I have hold the ball tightly and made it hit the ground.

And now we are in this situation where they are looking at me with the corpse between us.

" I can't refuse them. " I said while looking at them. " It was their gift to me. " I told them smiling bitterly.

Succi trembled. She look also ill as she stared at the corpse.

" What do you consider doing to 'that' your Highness? " Avro asked. His voice was calm and composed. But, his eyes look at me with a complex expression.

" He said that I consider how to use it... "

" I see... then what would his highness want with the corpse? " Avro asked.

I sighed. Under the glance of the curious citizens, of Succi and Avro, I crouched as I decided to close the corpse's beautiful striking blue eyes.

" I wanted to give him peace. "

10