Arc 1–Chapter 25
344 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, thanks for everyone who was reading this story. I'm happy but I was currently feeling anxious  as our town was in the state of Lockdown. On the backyard, my father has even started planting vegetables. ^_^ hope that it would grow as soon as possible. I shouldn't just let our pet cat wander outside so freely.




Chapter 25 [ The Rumors and Funeral]

Undead. One of the known races of Irisha. And second to the most infamous and hated race by the other races of the Irisha. Like demons, they also has an affinity for Dark Magics.

But what is an Undead? Was it not of being in the state of death? It was a being that wasn't alive but also not dead. It was the state of being in border of life and death. As some people said it was in the state of being in between. Undead means... defying the laws of death. The Natural order and of Life and Death. Some people said that they are an abomination. They are the Irregularities of this world. They are heretics and sinful creatures just like the Demons.

“Be bathed in the Holy Light!” just what a devout follower of Holy Church would said if they somehow encounter an undead.

But how do the Undead Race were born? Do they procreate just like the other races? There was an answer for certain questions. And there are many ways of how an Undead is created.

Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls, Banshees, Jiangshi, Vampires, Dullahans, Lich and etc.

Some Undeads were created naturally. But some people, pursues Immortality.

.............................

Irisha Year 9010 of the Fourth Cycle
Third Month– Day 35
West Continent, Ashfall Kingdom

Today, Gilthur was at the Adventurers Guild. He was sitting in one of the chair while he was eating his dried meat on the table. He doesn't really like the taste of his food. When will the food be ushered to the new era? Gilthur glance at his table. On the table was a plate of another dried meat coated with honey. (Why did Rina said that he has a gross taste?) There was a plain soup and a loaf of bread in his table.

Gilthur sighed. It wasn't the clerk's fault that the taste was horrible. He was just a bit stingy that he ordered for the complete meal set of the cheapest food here in Adventurer's Guild. At least, the water taste the same as always and it was free.

Gilthur can't help but sigh again as he remembered why did he started eating this kind of food in the first place. After learning that Rina and Gale was aiming for the Magic Academy, he also decided to join them. He doesn't want to be left alone. Cipher was also aiming for the Magic Academy. So now, Gilthur was now starting his journey of saving money for the travel expenses to the central continent and magic academy.

" Did you hear? " Someone said.

While Gilthur was eating his lunch, he  heard the hustle and bustle that was going on the other adventurers who was also currently eating like him.

" Those damn demons! " Someone snarled.

" But I heard that what happened at the Mevry kingdom isn't all the demon's fault. "

" What? " The person asked with a hint of anger in his voice. " Are you a demon sympathizer now? "

" Eh? That's not it!! " The Person exclaimed. " I just learned from someone that someone from the Abyss Seven Cult has formed a contract and summoned one of those Evils! "

" Tch. " A person has clicked his tongue in disdain. " Those damn lunatics! "

" That town and the 3 other nearby towns of Mevry Kingdom was ruined because of that demon! "

" I even heard that the Holy Church has an extermination currently happening that time. " The person informed. " It was even with a high ranking officials from that cult! "

" I hope that they exterminated those psychos! "

" But do you know who was the Evil that was summoned. "

" Yes. In fact, It was the Eldest. "

" The Prince of Trickery? How unfortunate. I bet the guy who have done the summon– "

Whack

" Ah! " Gilthur exclaimed in pain as he felt a book hitting his head. He glared at the offender and come to face to face with his friend Rina with the amused Gale and Cipher.

" Rina!! " Gilthur whined.

" What are you doing listening like a gossiping housewife Mr. I-want-to-be-an-SSS-rank-adventurer-someday? " She glared disdainfully at him with her arms crossed.

Gilthur blushed and averted his eyes.

" Well? " Rina inquired.

" The gossips sound... interesting? " Gilthur offered. He look around and turned his eyes to Cipher who shrugged his shoulders. His face was saying 'your fault, your problem' look.

Cipher deadpanned at Gilthur who was now using his pitiful puppy eyes at him. He can't help him with his current predicament. And Cipher wasn't still over with what happened to the dungeon. Being left alone with that monster chest in the trap room has left him traumatized. Now, he can't look at the normal chest normally without having an urge to run away. Being reprimanded by Rina would be a thing that Gilthur deserved.

" Hey, Gal– " Cipher paused.

While Gilthur was now undergoing in a lecture from Rina, Cipher stared at Gale feeling uncomfortable.

Gale was probably listening with the rumors. He has his fist clenched as he try to calm himself down.

" Those Demons.... "

Gale's golden eyes flashed with hatred.

.............................

(Protagonist PoV)

" Are you certain that you want to be leave here alone for a while your highness? " Avro asked as he look at the corpse inside the black casket.

I nodded my head as I stared at the corpse.

" He was practically a stranger to you, highness. ... Arranging a funeral just like in those human nobles and royalties... " Avro smiled amused. " This 'corpse' is certainly a lucky one. You even come up with a strange design of a coffin for the corpse.. "

" I just wanted to give him a proper rest. "

I said as I inspect the casket. My fingers are caressing the casket. It was certainly wouldn't break easily. It was tough and very hard. It would certainly last for a lot of years. Just like those caskets back on Earth.

" That corpse wouldn't certainly need to be buried. "

Avro said before he leaves me here alone in this shed. Why does he sound so rude to the corpse? This stranger was already dead.. give him some sympathy won't you?

" That was really weird. " I muttered as I brought my hands above the corpse's face but my hand not touching them.

Looking at the corpse, he looks so young. Probably 15-17 years old. He really died a gruesome death. Reminding me of someone who would die a gruesome death like him in the future. I hope that beastkin knows what is he doing under her servitude.

On my raise hand, mana started to gather. Light and Dark mana are swirling through my hands.

[ Recovery ]

I press my hand towards the corpse head. Watching the mana went through to the corpse. Slowly, the trace of the cut (Harrison's dissection) on his head slowly vanish.

That's all I can do. I sighed as I started to feel tired and dizzy.

I close the cover of the casket to cover the corpse body.

" Fuck... Freaking child body!! Why are you so weak? " I complained after I manage to close the casket.

I hope that they wouldn't open it. They would certainly start to become suspicious.

Somehow, I have a suspicion that there is no healer class in the Demon or Dark races as I haven't encounter anything other than those Apothecaries when I was reading the novel.

When I was practicing my first class fallen saint, I would just practice the empower, life drain, mana drain, bedeviled and degenerate only. I wouldn't use my recovery skill. I don't know what would Avro or Succi do when they learned about it. Would they tell the Emperor?

Why does I even have a light affinity in the first place?

No more use thinking about it right now. Massaging my forehead, I look regretfully at the casket.

I'm sorry that I can't heal your feet. A missing feet are beyond my healing abilities. I can't just go to Harrison and request the missing feet. I may not come back to the town at all.

" This is all I can just do for you. " I said as I leave the shed.

Later, the casket will be buried on the nearby hill. It was just a few distance away from the town.

9