Arc 1–Chapter 29
301 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29 [Contemplating the little baron– The Prince]

(Yuuro's PoV)

After the apothecary has forced him to gulp down the potion, the feeling of hunger has disappeared. he was bound and tied up. They explained the situation to him and has been asked some questions.

Everything was surreal. He was now a human turned ghoul. His family and friend is killed. Despite that, he feels numb at everything.

Yuuro expected to be killed. He didn't expected to be spared by the little baron and be considered as a new citizen of his town. The demon maid sounded and unhappy by the little baron's decision. The sloppy apothecary was asking if his highness was certain in his decision.

At that time, Yuuro thought that the little baron preferred to be called Prince or his highness. Not that he was really a Royalty or a Demon Prince. On the Irisha, there was only known 12 evils after all.

He was welcomed to the town and was given a new house. Everything was different from when he was a human. But he can't feel anything, no wonder, no fear and no shock. Only the tiredness and the occasional hunger. In the weeks that he spent his time at the town, Yuuro tried to smile in remembrance of his little sister's sweet and beautiful smile. Just a little, he can feel his numbness alleviating.
He shortened his name to YuKi just like what would his mother do to her name. Finally he refers himself in third person in remembrance of his friend. Even through the numbness recedes a little, the broken part of his mind didn't.

His precious ones are killed. Yuuro is tired. He lose his motivation.

Yuuro tried to get off on his mind that his family and friend is killed. He decided to bother and visit the little baron's house everyday much to the demon maid's frustration. It was obvious that she didn't like him because he tried to eat the little baron on his crazed state. He always bother them and eat their food.

His complains are true as the demon food isn't delicious. It was just a surprise that the little baron ate human food dishes. It appears that he also cooks which was surprisingly good. Yuuro mused that it would be better if the little baron is the one cooks the food everyday.

The little baron was interesting. He was really a little baron. A ten year old little kid. Despite that he was knowledgeable for his age. Was it the case when it comes to demons? Yuuro asked the Apothecary. He answered that it wasn't the case.

" His highness is a unique case... All of the things that he brings along to the town...... His knowledge is fascinating. It may just some time before I decide to tap his head and see what is inside it. "

Talking to that guy when he was passionate is frightening. Even he, who holds some few killing missions with his friend Amelia was frightened for a bit.

The little baron is interesting. He makes him feel occupied. Later when he learned that the little baron is really a Prince he decided to ask him. He even considered killing the little prince out of spite for the killer of his family and friend. It would be easy. The little Prince is weak– the weakest in this town. He doesn't care if he would be killed later for killing the little prince. His life isn't worth anything without his family and friend.

He may be a member of an evil cult, but he still care for his family and friend. He ruined and killed lives as it was necessary for being part of an evil organization. He doesn't feel any remorse and guilt for killing them.

He thought that if he killed the little prince who was the sibling of the killer of his loved ones, even that cruel being would be affected.

Looks like it wasn't the case. From what the little prince has told him, there is no love between their family.

They were siblings fighting for the throne. Siblings who may be trying to kill each other. The little prince had said that demons were heartless and cruel. Yuuro agreed on his opinion but as he look at the little prince. That seems not the case.

The Prince looks sad as he mentioned his siblings. As Yuuro stared at the town, it can be seen that the little prince cares about his citizens.

With the exception of the little prince, all of the demons were heartless and cruel.

Still, Yuuro now knows what he wants. He have a new purpose. He wanted to take revenge. Despite knowing that it was impossible to kill the Prince of Trickery.....he still wanted to take revenge even at the cost of life, someday.

For now, Yuuro wanted to lived in this town and get used in his new life as a ghoul. Cooked beast meat by Succi taste sucks. It would really better if the little prince cooks frequently.

Other than eating, he wanted to watch what would happen with the development of this town. And maybe accompany the little prince everyday just like his other two servants.

Yuuro watched at the distance unnoticed as the little prince was dragged by what to be appeared as one of the 12 evils. Other than her, there was also the other sibling of the little prince.

" Louis! Let's go and visit the human towns! "

" What?! "

" Let's go to the Western Continent! I wanted to taste the human foods and see if it has improved! "

" I.... I would think about it. Surely, it would take a few days to reach the western continent. "

" Not if i have a teleportation crystal! I managed to procure some. Isn't that right Wallace? "

" Yes. "

The little prince stared at his siblings with a complicated expression on his face.

" Then, let me prepare some time before we go to the western continent. "

" Okay!~ "

Going back to the western continent... It's a pity that he can't go there right now.

7