Arc 1–Chapter 33
288 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 [Visiting the human town part 3]

The Riskel town was one of the border towns of the Ashfall kingdom. The town was consist of fortified high walls. It has soldiers guarding the exit and entrance gates of the town. Just like the Numel town, the Riskel town was a town that has an adventurer's guild on them, so it was normal for the town to be visited by many people and adventurers.

Taking quests, partying with the other adventurers, slaying monsters, gathering Items, scouting, gaining unexpected loots, dissecting monster parts, finishing the quest, dividing the spoils, selling the monster parts, earning money and rising to the ranks– such was the life of an adventurer.

Today, was supposed to be a normal day, but it was not. In the morning, three kids has entered the town. The guards has eventually let them in as they manage to show their identification cards.

As they have entered the town, they have unknowingly let three spawns of the Demon Emperor enter their town. Despite the guard's suspicions, it would never enter their mind that they let pass three demon royalties enter in their town. The only thing that they suspected was that they are just some runaway children of some nobles despite the two of those children possessing a bounty quest in every adventurer guilds that exist within the world of Irisha. Those quest, buried within the depths of the groups of impossible quest to fulfill. Beyond the capabilities of S rank, SS rank and SSS rank adventurer.

Even they manage to look on those quest and illustrations of the twin demons, anyone wouldn't recognize them. They look so different from before and after. Now, they donned the image of 12 year old kids just going through in their puberty stage.

Louis was fortunate that he was clueless about those informations, if not he would already fretting over those matters.

..........................

( Protagonist PoV)

The first thing that I decided to do was buy some books in one of the shops in the Riskel town.

" Young master, that would be 10 gold coins in total. " The shop owner politely said to me. I wonder how in the world did she get an impression that I was young master? My clothes are plain looking, a thing that was obviously blend in the crowd!

While having a random thoughts, I have paid the shop owner with ten gold coins. Over all I have only 90 gold coins left. The cheapest book in the shop cost 50 silvers. I had bought 12 books in total and put them in the bag that I was carrying. The Empowerment was really a helpful skill. It was like that I was just carrying some light stuffs.

" Thank you for buying our product young master. " She said while bowing. I nodded my head and left the shop. Once I have gotten out of the door, Fina and Wallace immediately entered my sight.

" Louis, you surely have taken your time there. " Fina said pouting. Guess, she didn't hold any love for the books.

" So where would we go next? " She asked curiously and also sounded a bit impatient.

" If you like, you can not accompany me anymore, Sister. I can handle buying all of my stuffs alone. "

Fina frowned as I said those words. Did I say something wrong? Beside her, Wallace narrowed his eyes at me.

" You have changed. " I was surprised when Wallace suddenly speak.

" Before, despite not talking frequently, you would still won't let yourself wander alone. What have changed? " Wallace asked.

I unconsciously gulped. Wallace didn't wait for my answer. He continued talking on his findings.

" You would still have some people around you despite being unapproachable. You wouldn't call Fina, Sister and I with Brother. It may be unnoticeable to our siblings as they didn't care about you and it was very rare for them to have conversations to you. "

I unconsciously look beside Wallace, Fina was smiling but there was a glint of something in her eyes.

" Wallace is right, Louis. Nee~ what have changed? Even if you don't want to talk about it... Since meeting you at Father's declaration, the gatherings, how you conduct yourself in your town and now here....Even i have persisted to tone down my suspicions and growing curiosity.. I can't do it anymore. Acting happy and cheerful wouldn't help with my current problem.. Can I ask what have changed? "

I look at the people who are busy in their own businesses. Passing us and not paying attention. I clenched my fist and bitten my lip under the pressure of Fina's and Wallace's stares.

Finally, I decided. Sighing, I decided to asked. " If you want to know about it,  Is it alright if I told about it later? " I glance at them uncertain of their response.

To my surprise, they have agreed instead of Fina being impatient with Wallace following after her decision.

" You have still many things that you need to buy with your meager gold coins. Better to start going now in our next destination. " Wallace said. He adjusted his beret a bit downwards and tilted his down a little. " If I wasn't satisfied with your answer, then..." Under the shadows, Wallace's crimson eyes glowed for a moment making me gulp again in nervousness.

" Wallace! don't make Louis nervous! " Fina chided.

I am currently in a turmoil right now. Different thoughts has flashed. And finally, I decided to said those words while feeling uncertain about saying them.

" I didn't think that..... You would care for me. "

Am I wrong in my conclusion? Please don't let it be like the situation with the Emperor..

Fina started laughing, beside him Wallace smiled grimly. My face.. I don't know what expression did I have right now. Was it disappointment?

I am wro–

" Of course we care about you. "

So I am right with my conclusion... Before was Louis close with– wait did Fina just said we?

" We found you. " Wallace said smiling.

" You are our responsibility, little brother. " Fina grinned, her fang showing.

I have been uncertain about my siblings since I have woken up. I always hold a complex attitude towards them. The Knowledge from the novel and the fact that they are my family, even they are only my half siblings. They are evil, I know.... But now that I know that they care about me even just a little bit.. My decision earlier... I'm a hypo–

" I care about you. Just like how a farmer would raise his chickens, pig and cows. " Fina smiled while swishing her tail. " When they grow up, the farmer would receive his bountiful harvest. Just like a pig to be raise for slaughter. "

......The fuck Fina?!

I look at Wallace scared. Of course being the twin brother of Fina, he didn't even manage to disappoint my expectation for him.

" We found you. You belong to us. " Wallace said before speaking again. " We care for you just like how an owner should take care of her possessions. Even with a slave brand on your back, we didn't care. You're our collection. An object that we can discard when we didn't need it anymore. So remember that we care for you and don't ask again about the question, got it little brother? "

Not bothering to answer Wallace, I immediately dash forward and started running for my life.

" Louis! Wait for us! "

This world.... has really been testing my sanity day by day.

11