Arc 1–Chapter 36
275 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36 [The day where the plot officially derailed Part 1]

Numel town and Riskel town are a both known border towns of Ashfall Kingdom. Not just that, but they are also next to each other. From Numel town to Riskel town– To get there, you need to walk for three hours to reach the Riskel from the Numel town. With transportation, with horse or carriages, It would just take one hour to reach there.

Year 9010 Irisha of the Fourth Cycle
Fourth Month - Day 29

That day, unknowingly to anyone, everything has started to derailed officially.

..............................

(Gilthur's PoV)

Gilthur sighed as he glance at the sky. Cloudy with not a chance of rain. The sun was very bright and was raining down it's light upon the land– and his hair, which shines further because of the sunlight. Gilthur can't help but worry about his friend.

Today, Gilthur has an escort quest together with Rina and Gale. They have a mission to escort a Merchant and his goods towards the Riskel town. Rina and Gale was with him accompanying him on his quest. But not Cipher. His good old chubby– not too fat childhood friend has came down with fever all of a sudden yesterday. Until now his friend wasn't okay. Cipher was currently in one of the inns in the Numel town resting in a bed and sleeping. They hoped that Cipher would be better and well again when they go back later on Numel town.

For Now, Gilthur, Rina and Gale has a simple escort mission to complete. Along the way, Rina and Gale are talking. Gilthur didn't bother himself to talk or initiate some conversation with them. Not with Rina talking with what skill would she get next as a fighter if she level up every five levels. Rina can be overwhelming with her babbling about her talks on her dream as a powerful fighter. He has no desire to save Gale in his predicament. And it seems Gale didn't mind talking to Rina at all. He even seemingly helped Rina and offer his own ideas. He was also initiating few conversations by himself.

Not talking with them, sometimes Gilthur can appreciate some solitude and time for himself. Every now and then, the Merchant would complain to the poor chauffeur on how he was so slow and urged him to be more faster. 

Overall, the travel to the Riskel town was successful and peaceful. There are no random appearance of bandits or monsters.

They have arrived to the Riskel town in the Afternoon. The guards has checked the goods, the merchant and their identifications before letting them enter the town.

" I would confirm with the receptionist of the Adventurers Guild here that you completed the quest. "

The Merchant said to them sounding irritated. Gilthur smiled and offered his help.

" Then if you like Mr. Doli, I can escort you to the adventurer guild. "

" No need. " Mr. Doli said. He sounded more irritated. " Now that I am inside the town, there is no monster, bandits or thieves that would steal my goods. " He clicked his tongue and hummed. " If I know that it would be completely safe today, I won't bother on issuing an escort quest. "

" Better that your life and goods would be safe and secure, Mr. Doli. " Gilthur smiled trying to assure and calm down the Merchant.

Mr. Doli huffed his shoulders. " I guess your right. But it is still a waste of money and my time. I better hurry now and you don't need to escort me anymore adventurers! "

Gilthur watched Mr. Doli walk away. Making sure that the Merchant was very far away and not in hearing range, Gale immediately shown his usual expression of distaste.

" He was rude and a person with no manners. " He muttered while frowning. Gale look at him and his golden eyes narrowed.

" Now that the quest is finish and successful, where do you think you are going? "

" Umm.. I'm bored? "

The golden eyes narrowed further.

" The last time that you came here, you have invited trouble and challenged that crusader.. "

" Isidro. Gale, the crusader's name was Mr. Isidro. " Gilthur supplied helpfully when Gale has a hard time remembering the name.

Gale was Irritated. While He and Gale are talking they notice that Rina has been quiet. They look at Rina beside them and notice that she has been missing for some time.

" Idiot. " Gale muttered frustrated before deciding to look for Rina. " Just stay there commoner. " He said before started running through the crowd. Gilthur shrugged his shoulders before deciding to be a quiet and obedient child for a while. He was standing a few meters away from the Town Entrance. Some people glance at him since he was just standing and doing nothing. But people didn't bother him and just continued walking on their own world and businesses.

Minutes had passed, Gilthur was starting to get bored. Gilthur was now considering going to the adventurers guild and challenged Mr. Isidro or Maybe Ms. Clover. He was itching a good fight and some few battles. He was nearing on his bottleneck. Just a few more and he can create his own skill again.

As Gilthur was lose in his own thoughts, Gilthur feel a tug on his hand. His daydream state was broken and he look at the culprit.

" Nee~ Mr. Stranger. "

A cheerful and childish voice reached his ears. Gilthur was currently looking at a girl who was clearly younger than him. Beside the girl, there was a boy. Probably her sibling.

" What is it? " Gilthur asked.

" Can you help us? "

Gilthur hesitated for a moment. Gale said that he should just stay here. But looking at the Girl and her sibling, Gilthur nodded his head.

" Sure. " He smiled. " What kind of help do you want? " Gilthur asked her.

" Well, we are currently finding our little brother. It was his first time in this town so he might be loss and in trouble. " The girl cheerfully said. It looks like she didn't sounded so troubled at all.

How strange. Gilthur thought. He decided to look at the girl's sibling but he was so quiet and didn't say anything.

" I can certainly help you. But first, I need to know his appearance, what is he wearing and his name so I can help you two find your little brother. "

" Sure! " The girl grinned. Revealing her fangs. Her fox tail are swishing randomly.

It was Gilthur's first time to meet someone of a beastkin race. His first impression? The beastkins are oddly cheerful but it seems wasn't the case with the boy.

" His name is Louis. " Gilthur was surprised when the boy suddenly started to speak. " And we want him to go back with us. "

10