Case 35: The correct way to raise a phoenix.
1.1k 4 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Mhm...''

Sipping a cup of tea at the table, Kierra gazed out the window, where a beautiful, sunny plain could be seen.

This is her realm, her dimension, so she could change the scenery however she liked. Right then, a gentle breeze came in from outside, blowing her long hair along the way slightly. Kierra turned back to her teacup, where her usual reflection was, and then to the witch hat placed on the table.

It is a peaceful day.

It is truly peaceful these days. Yes.

Kierra nodded to herself as she tried to calm herself down after yesterday's incident and ignored the mess of people on her bed. As expected, alcohol should be consumed reasonably.

While thinking like that, Kierra spent time quietly near the window, basking in the sunlight. After around an hour or so, movements could be felt on the bed.

First, there was a disheveled Yu Chen, who seemed to wake up first. She looked around in confusion for a moment, smelling her thin robe curiously. As she turned to Kierra, the two's eyes met.

''Ah.''

In an instant, the memories of last night surged back into the martial master of Qinling's head like a tsunami, and in the moment, she couldn't help but bury her face into the palms of her hands.

This act also woke up the others, making them sit up and do just the same as Yu Chen.

(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄) (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)

They hurriedly fixed their clothes and got away from each other. Then, as if possessed, they were simultaneously drawn to Kierra's bright red, soft, squishy, beautifully shaped lips. As they imagine yesterday again, their bodies involuntarily shuddered.

Eventually, it was Yu Chen who broke the ice.

''Um... about last night...'' She said timidly, eyes on Kierra.

''...Get changed quickly.'' Kierra turned back to her tea. ''It is close to noon.''

''...''

''...What?''

Kierra looked at the women nonchalantly. This time, it was Mie Xieren who spoke.

''May I ask... just how far did we go...?'' She asked.

With the main question being delivered, some gulped nervously, waiting for an answer.

''We stopped at just the mouth. Most Likely.'' Kierra replied.

''...What do you mean by 'Most likely'? Are you not sure...?''

''I do not know of your habits, but if we went further, there would have been obvious marks all over your bodies.'' The archwizard declared, shutting down every line of questioning left. ''Now, get out.''

As the women, one by one, stepped out of the room while blushing, Kierra sighed.

'So I've been frustrated all along... I should probably do it with one of them sooner or later.'

Weirdly enough, this was actually the first time Kierra was without a woman's embrace in her entire years. She felt a bit free after breaking up with her exes, but it seemed somewhere in her heart that she was lonely.

Nevertheless, this matter would need to be taken care of sooner or later. Kierra nodded to herself and moved on.

Despite the major awkward event happening the night before, White Lotus of today wasn't much different. The disciples were all training hard, and Kierra still accompanied Mie Xieren on a journey to discover the latter's hobby.

This time, however, two others were joining them.

On each shoulder of the archwizard sat a small animal—one fox and one phoenix. They complained that there was nothing to do, so Kierra dragged them with her.

Now, leisurely walking on the plain near White Lotus, one that Kierra first woke up in, the four enjoyed the warm breeze blowing. Walking was also a hobby, Kierra thought.

On this occasion, everybody was quiet, perhaps deep in thoughts of yesterday's debacle. That was when an idea suddenly appeared in Kierra's mind, and she stopped in her tracks.

''Now that I think about it, I didn't teach you your body, did I?'' 

The archwizard turned to Lan, the introverted phoenix. The small bird hurriedly hid its face behind its wings, ''Yes...'' But it didn't run away. This was at least a good thing, Kierra thought.

Seizing the opportunity, Kierra immediately held a small class right outside, with the sole student being Lan.

''First off, do you know what makes your body special?'' Kierra asked.

''Um... m-my aptitude in fire magic...?''

As Lan flapped her wings, small fireballs appeared around her, jumping like little fairies.

''No. It is good to have fire, but the focal point is that you are near immortal. Although you are not a true phoenix, your body is one. It can withstand a multitude of strong attacks well enough.''

''I-I see...''

''Still, you can't practice dying, so fire is what you will be learning today.''

''Oh...''

''Watch closely. This is an imitation of a phoenix's undying flame.''

As Kierra willed her mana, a fierce yet somehow tranquil aura escaped her body. The atmosphere around them gradually turned to a pinkish-red color, and a warm feeling enveloped the place.

Kierra's robe and the rim of her hat gently fluttered in the air, dancing as she gently closed her eyes. Then, a brilliant crimson pattern grew from the top of her head, trailing down her long hair like a tree root, bringing the tail of it a beautiful orange color.

''Whoa...''

Soon, three majestic pairs of blazing wings sprouted out of Kierra's back, flapping gently in sync. The archwizard opened her eyes, revealing radiant orange pupils that seemed so intense they would burn her opponents off.

''Expansion.''

With a simple sentence from Kierra, the aura extended out at a rapid pace, quickly seizing the whole plain.

''Within this domain, my fire reigns supreme, unyielding from any and all interference,'' Kierra explained. ''With practice, you, too, can achieve this.''

When Kierra looked at Lan, she noticed the little bird's sparkling eyes. It seemed she liked this. Right then, the nine-tailed fox nearby fearlessly jumped on Kierra's shoulder.

''You look so cool, human!'' She cried. ''Maybe I should make wings when I transform... oh, now that I think about it, when will master be able to turn into a human?''

At this, Kierra raised an eyebrow. ''Who said she couldn't right now?''

'''' Ah? ''''

Kierra sighed. These idiots...

Nevertheless, she proceeded to give Lan some pointers about the manifestation of the undying fire before teaching her to transform.

''You have to expand your mana beyond your flesh. That is the fundamental.''

''Expand... my energy...''

The little bird Lan closed her eyes and began to concentrate. Soon, as she directed her mana outward, her body shone a bright light. It quickly grew bigger and bigger, taking the shape of a human.

''...Eh?''

Standing before the two humans and one fox right now is... a little girl. This one seemed no older than a nine-year-old, with pinkish-orange hair and a pair of orange eyes, totally naked. Kierra took out some random clothes and threw them at the confused girl.

Kierra frowned lightly as she watched the panicked girl in silence.

'This...'

Perhaps because Lan is reborn in that woman's egg, the two were eerily similar to each other. Kierra wanted to forget the romance stuff by taking a walk out here, but it seemed the world wouldn't allow her to.

''Master...!!''

''S-Shen...''

Nevertheless, seeing the little girl hugging the fox with a shy smile, Kierra thought this wasn't so bad after all.

63