Prologue: Beyond the stars.
5.3k 17 247
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

clack—! clack—! clack—!

In the dimly lit hallway of the Crimson Magic Tower, aggressive clatters of high heels could be heard. The owner of them was a beautiful woman with hair black as ebony, skin white as snow, and eyes red as blood.

She was the master of this very tower, the world's strongest archwizard, and the pinnacle of magic herself—Kierra Scarlett Aspenova.

''M-Master! Would you please reconsider your decision?!''

Following her with hurried steps was a timid-looking young girl, resting several thick books in her arms.

''No. It is final.''

''But...!''

''I made all the preparations to fill in my space already. There should be no confusion on that part.''

''It's not about that, Master!''

Before long, they had reached the ritual room. Kierra flung the door open, revealing the spacious interior filled with ingredient shelves and magic scrolls.

''Stop.''

She turns around to stare at her disciple, her blood-red eyes as calm as an undisturbed lake.

''You are not allowed to go inside this room.''

''Ugh...''

''This will be the final goodbye, Angelica. Tell everyone... that it was mildly fun staying with them.''

Angelica could not help but bite her lips in frustration. Although her master was always harsh on everyone, she was also the one who made them who they were. This is her tower, and yet she was leaving for another world... ridiculous!

Alas, she had no choice but to bid goodbye to her lifelong teacher. The door slowly closed as tears began to fall from the corner of Angelica's eyes.

''M-Master! We will come and find you! Just wait!''

''You can't, idiot... stay well.''

THUD—!

Kierra smiled bitterly, looking at the closed door a bit before turning away.

As she briskly walked toward the center of the room, where a giant magic circle was drawn on the ground, she used telekinesis to gather thousands of different ingredients and floated them behind her.

With graceful and precise movements, the intricate parts landed themselves on various places of the magic circle, just as the woman reached the center.

''Heed my call, O Ancient One.''

Her voice, full of dignity and nobleness, rang through the room.

Soon after, the space itself shook violently, and a crack appeared above where Kierra was standing. From the abyss beyond the rift, a giant eye devoid of a pupil opens slowly.

[So you have decided]

The creature beyond the rift 'spoke' with a neutral voice, looking intently at Kierra.

''Exactly, my partner. Will you help me?''

[I shall not refuse]

''Many thanks. I also shall not disappoint you with a boring adventure.''

A soft smile bloomed on Kierra's face.

The creature was powerful enough to devour planets, but the only thing it sought was entertainment—just like her.

Nevertheless, Kierra began to draw mana from her body, just as the creature was doing the same.

''It all began in nothingness.''

''It all returns to nothingness.''

The two poured their energy into the magic circle and successfully ignited a blinding white light from the magic paint. The parts scattered on the ground started to levitate, each linking their energy to a part of the intricate formula. They shone brilliantly like stars in the night sky, creating a dreamy scene of a galaxy in which Kierra was the singularity.

''In other words, nothingness is life and yet death.''

''In life, we seek joy. In death, we seek solace.''

Once again, the space itself shook, this time even more intensely than the last. An enormous amount of mana began to swirl inside the room, blowing the shelves away.

''Beyond space, beyond the stars.''

''O Almighty Magic.''

''Bring me to a place of elation.''

Gradually, it was getting brighter and brighter, just as Kierra's heart was beating faster and faster. She had longed for an exciting adventure for too long; she couldn't wait anymore!

The light engulfed Kierra.

''Transcend the stars!''

247