The Shield Hero had Enough
1.3k 11 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our bro, Iwatani Naofumi, was transported to another world with three random guys.

Because he's not a normie, everyone hates him, except for a princess named Bitch—who's out to ruin his life for her amusement.

Princess Bitch reached out her hand.

"I'm with you, Shield Hero-sama. I'll accompany you to--"

Before Princess Bitch finished his line, Naofumi raised his middle finger while saying with a straight face:

"THOT."

Twirling his body with such suave like Narukami Yu, he glided atop his shield, floating away from the castle, leaving everyone else dumbfounded.

The Bitch King was the first one to regain his composure,

"Outrageous! What's with that impolite demeanor. How can you explain this, Spear Hero-sama!"

Random Guy A could only massage his forehead. As he's just a normie, no way he would know what a 'THOT' means.

"...well, your majesty...he might be referring to a god from our world."

"...and why he said things so impolitely?"

Random Guy B, the sword hero, added, "Because he's stupid; he doesn't know any manners."

"Why is he rising out his middle finger!"

Random Guy C, the bow hero, concluded, trying his best to avoid laughing and averting his gaze from Bitch King, "H-he thinks the god is currently up there and out to search. He probably thought he was hot shit, a god would give him a blessing to offset his lack of talent."

The King harrumphed, "What a loss of money it was! No matter. He'll die soon enough with that weak body. We'll get a better person than that good for nothing!"

After a while, Naofumi was...

"Hah! Zero Attack? Are they fucking stupid? Look how much damage I dealt by smacking this godly shield! I have to fight with bare hands? I have to let the monsters bit me as they follow me to the town? What kind of nonsense are they talking about?"

...currently raising his level at an astonishing rate. There's barely any challenge after a while, he could even complain while reaping several enemies with a swipe of his shield.

Countless corpses of monsters scattered all around him; their bodies had severe mortal wounds caused by a blunt weapon.

With his insane regeneration rate and health, he could tank any attack that came across him. If anyone came close enough, he could just slam the God-tier shield to their face for maximum pain.

He was dragging a beastkin girl who seems to be crying from the mass of corpse that's strewn about. Even protecting her didn't add many stakes.

"C'mon, Raphtalia—get a grip. I need you to be my sword."

"...but Master is already strong. You can do everything on your own...this amount of death is just too much...I'm not ready..."

"There's only so much I alone can do...and I told you before, just call me Naofumi."

Raphtalia felt she was hearing the biggest bullshit in her whole life, but remembering his kindness, she decided to play along...

"Master already did so much for me...I don't deserve..."

"I believe you did. Of all the beastkin slaves out there, did you think I choose you by luck?"

Naofumi stopped on his tracks, upon a quaint clearing. The thick mess of blood from the monsters were no more.

Raphtalia wobbled on her feet with her Master's sudden brake.

"It's...not?"

"I've had enough of people betraying me all the time." Naofumi gritted his teeth while clutching his fists, causing the beastkin girl to tremble "I know a conniving scoundrel when I saw one."

In his past life, he was a loner; unpopular and disliked. He felt isolated from everyone around him, but he persevered.

He knew if people couldn't accept him as he was, he could always do things alone, but the challenge this other world posed, caused him to rethink his priorities.

He paused a bit, and stared at the teenage beastkin right at her eyes, causing the girl's face to flush red; she turned her head away.

"But you, are the only one with pure eyes. You may be weak now, but I know, I can trust my back if it's you."

Naofumi, all engrossed in his speech, didn't realize the girl's affection towards him...and how his last line rendered the girl almost unconscious from the spark of happiness.

...to him, however, who already locked all thought of romance with women and resolved to die alone...

"This much is enough to make you sick? Do beastkins actually have weak constitutions?"

Naofumi frowned.

"No! No! T-this isn't what it looks like!"

"Alright, alright. We'll take it one at a time."

With his overwhelming strength, Naofumi easily lugged Raphtalia atop his shoulder and propped her position firmly with just a hand. He carried her all the way onto the Inn...

The supreme legend of the Shield Hero has just begun, as he gathered trusty companions and kick some asses.

Later on, it might cause some stir with some random white knight, but we knew, Naofumi would beat them up the same.

Others might be a riajuu...but they ain't Chad like Naofumi.

12