I’m going to Anime World
682 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It's an old writing, from 2 years ago I guess. I hadn't been able to continue past this point at all since I'm lazy, but yeah, I'm just putting this up lest it'd be forgotten. I kinda enjoy re-reading and editing it again, so yeah.

"Have you ever wished to escape your boring life and go into anime world instead?"

I heard a voice akin to a salesman pitching in yet another outrageous deal. I've always wanted to live in the anime world. You'll never die and will always stay young. You had friends with ridiculous hairs, body shapes, and personalities. Best of all, you just need emoticons over your head to tell everyone how you really felt. I think the anime world is the best for me.

It's a place I can be myself.

"Goodbye old me, welcome new me. Welcome, anime world."

Those words triggered something inside of me. I went incredibly drowsy and as soon I closed my eyes and slept, a pulling sensation drove me forth to someplace unknown.

When I came to, it's a different room and bed. I looked at my hands; seemingly turning into something hand drawn. I saw my reflection on the mirror: an average looking black-haired high-school kid, average height and stature. Am I being portrayed as a generic harem protagonist?

As I observed the room, I heard a knock in the door, and there's some Japanese being thrown at me. I think she meant:

"Onii-chan, wake up or you're going to be late!"

She opened up the door and we meet eye-to-eye.

Yeah, the translation was pretty accurate. Even though I didn't know Japanese that much, I could at least understand the general idea of these phrases.

Hold on...

I realize that my thoughts were more audible than usual, more like, they've been broadcasted out in the open with a loudspeaker. Funny though, the girl claiming to be my little sister didn't seem to hear anything. She had that generic pink-hair in twintails, short stature, flat chest, and slender posture. She wore an apron with a casual t-shirt and pants underneath.

I didn't need to know her name; it was displayed below when I look at her.

"Asakura Ryou."

It's her name, written below some kanji letters I couldn't even read. I realize again, the time had stopped when I was deep in thought.

"Ah, so you're awake Onii-chan. Breakfast is ready, hurry up or you'll be late on your first day!"

I barely managed to read all the subtitles which moved quite fast this time.

"Hold on, don't talk too fast. I can't read all the subtitles at once."

I spoke in plain English but she seemed to understand it. On the layer below my voice, I heard myself muttering some Japanese and there's also the subtitles shown on my field of vision. It also could be heard when I was contemplating before—even my audible thoughts were in Japanese.

There's also subtitles as I thought of something, but I didn't pay any attention to it before.

"Subtitles?" Ryou tilted her head.

"Yes, Ryou-chan." that's the right nickname, right? "Did you see them on your field of sight?"

She just scoffs at me as if I just said something ridiculous.

"What are you talking about, Onii-chan? Did you watch too much anime again?"

This is inside an anime though?

"Just to clarify, I might forget about my identity and only remember about my own chunnibyou persona. So, Ryou-chan, who am I actually?"

If this anime got my bio correct, she'll even remember that I'm the....uh what was it again?

"Magician of Dead Memes." I heard Ryou mutter.

"Yeah, that's it! You got it right!"

"So, my dear brother Asakura Ken-san, how much longer will you keep fooling around?"

Ken, huh? Not a bad name I guess.

As I was about to go down, she started to tidy up my bed. It's nice to have such a diligent sister.

"By the way, I made your favorite food. So get going before it's cold."

I tried to steady my walking and went downstairs.

Is it going to be toast again? Like what they had in a lot of anime series. Some random circumstances would force me to eat the toast and bumped into a cute girl on the way, in which...

On second thought, it's actually my favorite food, mashed potato balls. Next to it was rice on a wide plate instead of a rice bowl. Instead of chopsticks, she served it with spoon and fork and there's also a glass of mineral water.

The potato balls were similar to my mother's cooking in my old world. It has that precise mix of soy sauce and salt inside. I quickly finished my grub and downed the entire glass of water in one go.

Ryou came downwards bringing my bed sheets to the washing machine, and shortly after, she washed the plates.

"Why are you watching me the entire time, Onii-chan? Go get some shower and ready up! Look at the time!"

"When's the school going to start again?"

"It's 8 AM! How could you forget?"

It's still 7:30 AM, she must be a diligent student.

"Speaking of which, do you have school today?"

"Onii-chan, I'm currently the third year of middle school, and it's always a day off when you're not first year."

"Oh okay, I'll get ready soon."

I went back to my room and see some clothes lined up on my desk. The bathroom's in my room so I took some shower and got ready. I saw my bag mostly empty aside from a few textbooks and a pencil case.

As I tried tying my shoe in the entrance, Ryou mentioned the route to school again in case I forgot. Well, how could I forget; it's my first time hearing of the route.

It's about a few minutes of walking at the very least.

She bade me farewell as I exited the house and begun my walk. I was afraid to get lost beside the direction she pointed out. As I bade my farewell, I encountered someone who went to school in timing that's just far too convenient.

Another girl with a huge face and alien-sized eyes. Her brunette hair around shoulder length. She had emerald eyes and voluptuous figure from bust to legs. Her uniform felt like it was about to burst open from her chest alone. I wonder if she actually considers going on a diet even once.

What's her name again...

"Asagi Rin."

So that's what written in the subtitl---

"KORE KARA WA LOCOMOTION BRAVO JIBUN EXTENDO---"

Hey, I haven't finished my monologue and there's the opening already?

Just as I muttered her name, the screen pans to the sky and some J-Pop music with the romaji and subtitles just popping up. Though as usual, when I watch the opening I didn't really pay any attention to the text at all.

My sense of being just really got distorted as I saw my own figure standing in the edge of a cliff with some few other people as if they're trying to be cool while posing. The scene pans at me—I looked myself in the third person—staring blankly as if not knowing what it was.

I saw Ryou flipping the pancakes and washing the dishes for a brief second, and making a birthday cake with my name on it. The cake has the shape of a heart. There's also Asagi Rin, who I just met for a mere moment, tripping on flat ground and messed up her cooking but after that, she was in a scientist uniform scribbling some gimmicky formulas on the blackboard—it looks more like satanic runes.

After that, there's a perverted looking fat guy in glasses, smirking at my direction and a handsome tall guy who looked similar to Asagi Rin. The scene shifts out of blue and I found myself in a state of confusion—three of us reading some porn magazines in the backyard of school and got chased by an old and grumpy female teacher just a few seconds past.

I didn't have any reaction time due to my sight being on the third person all the time, so I just stood there and the teacher only chased the other two. The camera pans lengthily at me until I just let out a sigh and said:

"Am I supposed to say something there?" with a monotone voice

Some display of unfamiliar characters that probably won't matter at all, and it all ends up with me standing together with everyone.

The camera just lazily pans at the sky again, listing up some company names and that same message 'this program has been brought to you by the following sponsors'.

Oh boy, here we go again,

Xxx

It seems that my thoughts are only audible when there's some important thing happening. Otherwise, I'd be driving myself mad hearing my inner voice most of the time.

Ah right, there's Asagi Rin in front of me. Apparently, she lived next door. She was busy tapping on her cell phone. In my old world, I used to have one but mostly just use them for games, never contacted people outside of my family.

Just as I was busy staring at her, some screen appeared in front of me. All of those were subtitled in English though so I could read it just fine.

Asagi Rin.

Boob size: F cup.

I still had the decency not to say it out loud.

I don't understand, how do you define cups and how did they matter anyway?

If her cup is F, does that mean she failed at boobs?

...ah forget about it.

"A prim and proper student who's a bit clumsy and not as good as sports. Aced the entrance exam with a perfect score. Has a dream to study in America."

America? Hell no. You'd be poisoned with their cheeseburgers and feminism; just go to England and drink tea.

"She is a heavy masturbator and secretly loves Ryou. Her type is younger girls with flat chests and slender stature."

Yuri!

This thing was pretty interesting--do you call this gap moe?

I observed her for so long, yet she hadn't noticed me due to her phone, until...Rin's older brother, shown in the opening, came out.

"Heya, Rin! Did you wait long?"

"Seriously, why do you take so long just to groom yourself, Aniki? You would be late."

'Note: Aniki is a more masculine way to call Onii-chan.'

Yeah, I know, stop showing me footnotes, dear subtitles.

Just as I was about to call him out, the screen appeared again.

"Asagi Ren."

"He's not that bright in academics but entered through sports scholarship. His favorite sport is baseball, though he's good with all kinds of sports and popular with girls."

Typical popular guy stereotype eh.

"He's secretly gay for Ken, the protagonist, but hides it until something caused him to hurt his balls. Has a liking of porn magazines for the male models."

I swallowed my saliva. I felt like I shouldn't
ever call out to him, ever. The younger sister should be fine though, I could use Ryou to get closer to her, so she would help me with homework every single time.

"Hey, Ken-chan. Going to the entrance ceremony?" Ren called out to me in a manner that seems too intimate.

"Good morning, Ken-san." Rin also called me out with the same honorifics, but with more reservation.

"Ohio go jail must," I said, remembering the city of Ohio when I heard that phrase.

"Ah, Ohio, do you also want to study in America like Rin? You have to study hard though—it's too much for me, ha ha ha ha ha!"

I guess my translator is broken when I tried saying the actual Japanese word.

Ren came up to me and wrapped his shoulder on my back. I was kinda reserved 'bout it. Though he said 'come on, we're bros right?' and Rin doesn't seem to mind it either.

"I'm interested to live in rural England and drink tea all day."

"Ah, England! Sherlock Holmes! Queen Elizabeth! Liverpool! I always want to ride horses in England. Too bad I can't speak English."

Yes, I know, I'm reading the subtitles the best I can. You talk too much, Ren. All while wrapped around his shoulders made it even more jarring to read but it's okay so far--the text was big enough.

"I can speak English just fine. Let's see...'I am the sword of my bone', 'Database', 'I was made to hit in England', 'Fly me to the Stars'."

"Oh, you can speak English just fine!"

This time the translator works just fine. I'll try it again by saying 'Good Morning' with English in mind.

"G-gut morningu." said Ren with a stuttered tone.

"Good morning." Rin pronounced it perfectly, on the other hand.

There was silence for a brief moment before Rin asked us to stop fooling around.

"We're going to be late at this rate."

Thus, we started walking to school together---

Wait, what?

Just a few seconds and the school gate's already in sight?

"Ahh...ugh....we barely made it in time. Next time you guys wanna do it, please go much earlier. I lost my energy from all that walking. I just couldn't keep up with you, Aniki."

"Rin, you're the one who wanted to hurry us. Man, you need more exercise and stop hitting all those difficult books."

Both of them continued their siblings banter while I broke theirs with a question.

"Ren...senpai?" I spoke slowly just to ascertain, but Ren brushed it off and say to just call him Ren since we're bros, he said. "You're a second year, right? Did the second year students also had to attend the ceremony?"

"Well, I was helping out the student council. One of them called in sick and I was indebted to the prez, so."

"For what?"

I couldn't help but wonder.

"Well, he faked my attendance so I could play hooky," he whispered to me.

Hey, hey. Was it really okay just to do something like that? Although I actually gave no comments there and pretended I never heard it in the first place.

We just walked a bit into the school building and my field of vision got forcibly panned to the skies. The next thing I noticed, I was in the auditorium sitting beside Rin.

Ren was keeping watch of the other students on the back with a bored look on his face. There were few upperclassmen beside him.

"Ken-chan, just in case, I heard the principal's speeches are so boring and could last for hours. Don't worry, I'll try to wake you up when a teacher came by."

"Alright."

It doesn't take long before the head teacher ordered us to stand up and order us to sing the school hymn. What school hymn really?

At the first few notes and phrases, I saw my sight floating into the school building's exterior, and the hymn fades into the distance.

In a brief moment, I was in the classroom. With my classmates already talking to each other how boring and lengthy the principal's speech was. I didn't even feel or notice a thing since I drifted between the timelines.

"Ken-chan, you know, you slept really soundly during the speech."

"I did?"

I didn't even have time to sleep, I just stood up and instantly jumped to the future.

"Time for homeroom, class."

As if not allowing any more of time wasted, all the classroom view in my sight vanish. I felt like I was inside nothingness at this time. In which I stared at a title of this anime, apparently.

"Doki Doki High School Panic."

...in which continues on with a similar tune being played with the title.

"Am I supposed to say this title out loud? This is embarrassing."

There's supposed to be commercial breaks, but I realize one thing I overlooked:

"This is a FREE Fansub if you ever paid for this shit you have been scammed. Thanks and happy watching guys.

-Moogle #irc.rizom.net"

Ah yes, I think I also missed the fansub credits at the opening. Those translators and typesetters actually worked their best for me to understand what these anime folks were saying.

What part did Moogle work on anyway? If this wasn't some one-shot OVA I might have to look clearly at the opening again.

It seems time seems to stop when I was lost in thought—or was it just me overthinking things? Oh well.

When I came to be...

I saw the homeroom's already finished. Rin stood in front of the class with a blank expression. Seems like no-one volunteered to be the class rep so she was forced to.

I looked at the window, and the scenery in front my eyes shifted from the classroom into an open lush green field outside of it, zoomed in to the bloomers of the girls in the track club.

"I hate school," I said some random things.

Just as what I said had some ripple effect, I felt someone tapping my shoulder. It was a big, boisterous voice of a young man.

"I know, right?"

Behind me, stood a large fellow wearing glasses. His stature was quite obese but he didn't seem to have any trouble moving.

"Chono."

The text only shows his given name, unlike the other people I met before. His bio wasn't shown at all though, the same with Ryou.

"Surprised? This world sure did show things conveniently, do they?" Chono seemed to be aware as he pointed out to the text which showed up his name. "I also got sent to this anime world. I had to endure the rush of overcoming episodes to episodes without being able to rest at all."

He continues complaining.

"It was horrible—I had to endure a year being a victim of school bullying before I got here. All I wanted was to spend my school days being popular with girls, goddamn it!"

This guy.

Judging by how energetically he could complain, it appears that he somehow got through it no problem. He might either exaggerate things though I dunno either, in anime, we tend to exaggerate almost everything, even the sound of falling leaves.

"Seems like you've quickly made a new friend, Ken." Rin came over to us while holding out some printouts.

"Ahem." Chono's complaining tone changed out of blue to something a bit refined "I take it she's someone you know?" as if he's trying to show off his best side to Rin.

Sorry to break it to you though, but she's not interested in gu--

"I'm his next-door neighbor. His family took care of me a lot."

Chono seemed to notice something as if he's also remembered reading her bio in which mentioned her affection to other girls.

"I see. Well then, missus Asagi, you seem to be an interesting person," said Chono

"Thanks. From the self-introduction earlier, your name's Chono? You've been called out to the faculty office for some errands. If you didn't have any more questions, please excuse me and Ken."

Rin took out my hand and skipped out of the class as if trying to avoid Chono.

Just before I left the class, Chono handed me a note, in which was written:

"I'd be off to another scene. Let's met up and discuss the oddities in this world. Dunno about you, but I want to get out and return to real life. Let's help each other out."

Xxx

The transition from school to in front of my house was really instant. Rin wanted to meet up with Ryou a bit. Didn't know what they'd be doing, but me being there would just spoil their mood. She might be my 'little sister' in this anime, though it's none of my business if she's into that kind of romance.

I really want to peek and watch if they had done something. Though, I just wanted to be alone by now. I had something which pained my heart. It might be stuff reminiscent of my own life before I came here. My feet grew heavy as I ascended the stairs, the background grew dark and dim as if reflecting my unease.

I laid my bag and changed my clothes. Somehow all of these rapid changes in my scenery without me experiencing any transition—it piled up my exhaustion like no other.

I've heard playful screams down below. As if they were getting quite intimate with their jokes. I was supposed to grin and form nosebleeds like what protagonist actually did, but I just couldn't even bring myself to giggle.

I guess it happened when I tried working right after I graduated----

"NA NA NA NA NA KOKORO GA ITAI DA."

.....the ending song plays at such worst moment, it ruined my mood.

The only thing I realized was myself walking altogether with the characters in this anime.

As the song ends, there goes the episode preview.

I heard Chono's voice talking.

"Listen here, this world isn't as pleasant as it looks."

"You might be forced to suffer whilst having to smile, just because the audience will love it."

After that, I heard my voice.

"I hate my job. I hate my worthless life."

"Does it matter which world I live, if both of them are fake?"

There was something written that says Episode 2 and see you around next week, something.

I saw the world dissipating, turning into something pure white. The first thing I saw when I ended up here was Chono.

"This is the storyboard world. We're free to stay here and do nothing until next week. You see, only able to barely interact with those characters for a short moment, but have to spend an entire week of waiting, would you call it fun? I've wasted 52 weeks being
in 4 different generic school series before I turned up here."

"Though, it seems this anime was special. It finally let us break the fourth wall and scream our inner emotions for people out there to hear. You're some lucky bastard to end up here first, Ken."

Hearing his remarks, I could only smirk.

"I guess it's much better than having to spend one more day being yelled to the ground in my job."

"Ah, that. I never had a job. Maybe I would starve myself to death if I got back to real life, who knows."

Both of us laughed as we walked through this white world, continuing to explore for about a week.

It might be nice if we could make it, for some of the transitions to feel more like a real world, with an anime feel.

Oh well, let's just start our search.

4