I’m gonna laze around in Virtual World!
123 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New Reality Online.

The hottest VR game that was released with a brand-new capsule. Promising to provide an experience of another reality. It will perfectly simulate your five senses—and you'll feel as if you're in another world.

All of us start as a blank slate, with the same stats and starting equipment. It's the choice we make in the game that decides the progression of our stats, and finally our classes. Although some of the players were already aiming to get the hidden, legendary or even myth classes—due to the influence of VR novels—it has nothing to do with me.

Right now was the Open Beta. I didn't get into the Closed Beta—I missed that one since I was really busy with work.

Seeing that four hours in this game was equal to one hour in the real world, I think I'm going to have a field day—living a slow life inside the game.

From the videos, it seems to be quite a pain in the ass to do anything. Even the crafter classes didn't get to just pick the button—you have to do it manually to learn it.

Before that, let me just create my character.

I don't know what kind of dumbass would make it exactly like their real-life self.

Did any of these Authors ever play MMO at all? Didn't any of them understand the importance of online privacy?

Well, probably some of the players are either don't care or just plain clueless—if they actually did do such.

...oh, you can even be a female character even though you're a man in real life? This was spicy.

Though I hate having creeps picking me up so let's just make a fucking plain male character. So plain it's hard to differentiate with NPC mobs.

At the same time, I'll differentiate it, so I'm unable to tell my real life self from the Avatar alone.

Make him a bit taller and far less handsome—there I'm done.

Plus the name--as ordinary as possible.

Alright.

Let's just name him Yukkuri Otoko.

No more of that Link Start bullshit—just let me log in.

...

Oh...

I was standing amidst a fountain square, with many players in starting equipment. Tons of buildings and shops with a medieval Europe style came to view. Various NPCs walked across the street; behaving just like actual people.

...more like, it's us players who act all weird. Some of them even went so far to harass or even pick up the NPCs to the point they got arrested. As their stats were low currently, they couldn't even fight back.

To be honest, I came and tried this cuz I'm a fan of VR novels. As for playing it myself—nah.

I was really tired from work.

Damn freaking overtime.

Now that I got a chance to replenish myself four times longer, I want to find a nice place to rest. An Inn might be good, but not sure if my starting money was enough for that.

...well fuck it.

I don't get this game and capsule for playing. If I ran out of money, might as well just delete my current account and make a new one.

First things first, I went towards a nearby item shop and sold my starter equipment and items. I kept the bread and water; my clothes and shoes as well. Glancing at my reflection at the mirror, I look exactly just like one of those male NPC mobs strolling around.

[Your reputation in Beginner's City, Silvaria, has increased slightly!]

Hmm...maybe my actions were indeed unusual. I can understand the reputation increase, but it's not like I'd play around for long.

The next thing I did was searching for an Inn. Asking few NPCs around for directions, and gaining a Charisma on the way--I finally came across a building with a stoic appearance. Different from the other wooden buildings, it looks sturdily made. As if brick and concrete made up the walls.

Entering the place, it was frequented by Adventurer NPCs. I was the only Player inside. Although, they did not actually treat me differently, despite me basically having no equips.

"Here for food and drinks?"

Few moments upon entering, a pretty waitress with twin-braided green hair and shapely body greeted me with her bright smile; holding the tray in front of her supple chest.

...man, like...whoa. She's totally waifu material...at least from looks and how she attracted me with her playful antics.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of my job—I'm very goal oriented. As such...

"I'd like to rent a room please."

"Ah? A traveler! You can go talk to my father, we have a lot of rooms left."

She guided me to the counter. Few Adventurers glanced my way, followed by a lot more eyes. They probably felt my equipment was too minimal to travel around.

[Your reputation in Beginner's City, Silvaria, has increased slightly!]

Again?

No matter.

"One night will cost 1 silver. Only dinner is available and it will cost you an additional thirty coppers. We also have an open-air bath free of charge next door, if you show your key at the reception area." the green-haired old man behind the counter talked in a loud and clear voice, before adding, "...and don't try to do any funny stuff like peeking at the ladies' bath, young man."

"I understand. Just give me your best room, I prefer a quiet one where I can sleep without any distractions." I replied without hesitation.

If I really want to look at naked girls, I can just watch porn at my own computer. Why must go through all the trouble?

...although, the Innkeeper gave me a meaningful smile before he handed me a silver key with a room plate chained to it. The moment I touched it, the Key vanished in thin air—reappearing on the [Key Items] Inventory section.

One silver was deducted from my total coins.

By the way, I got an additional thirty silvers from selling my equipment and items.

At the same time...

[Your affinity with Innkeeper Grigor has increased!]

Oh...

I wonder if I'll get annoyed by the notifications at this rate.

The starting money was one gold—it was equal to one hundred silver.

As for how the Inn was used. It was mainly as a safe place to store your Avatar when you logged out. During that time, your amount of coins will automatically be deducted per in-game day. If you didn't have enough money, you'll be kicked outta the Inn—outside a safe zone, although if you're inside the town, the risk was low as well.

The other places were tents, in the field and Safe Zones inside the dungeon...but they're not completely safe, unlike the Inn. Even with a loyal NPC guarding you, their loyalty can drop if you haven't logged in for too long.

When you move around and do stuff, you will consume stamina...but it can be restored even while you logged out—along with hunger and thirst—if you also paid for the dinner portions at Inn stay. The bath on the Inn can serve to recharge your stamina quickly, for power players. Plus, it gave a [Hygiene] buff that makes you more resistant to status ailments and gave increased favorability to NPCs.

If you haven't taken a bath for a long time, the chance to be afflicted with [Stink] debuff. It will decrease your favorability while talking to NPCs, although some wouldn't mind it. [Stink] also enables you to give various debuffs to your enemies as you got closer.

You can enjoy the sensation of sleeping, eating and drinking in this game—but it wasn't optimal for the power-leveling side of things. Not for me though.

If you exit the game outside the safe areas—your Avatar might get into various risks. Like the decrease of stats, health and mana; loss of Items, and even death.

The risk also increases as you commit more and more crimes in this world.

Although from certain class and skills, it can be mitigated as well.

Thankfully, other Players can't do anything to your Avatar if you're logged out. Not even if they used NPCs to do nasty things to the logged out person. This game also has an Anti-Harassment feature.

You can disable PvP or PK if it's not your thing. In addition, you can even block users with abusive actions so you be wouldn't see each other. Although to enable PvP or PK once more, you need to undergo a pain-in-the-ass Quest. Which isn't suitable for beginning players.

Plus, if you care about some NPC's—all named NPCs had the ability to revive. Unless killed through Quests that affect the main story, they were basically immortal.

That's the gist of testimonies I've been reading from the forums. Mainly the personal opinions of Closed Beta players. The casual players thought felt the game was unfair before the Open Beta was announced.

They don't have all the time to play such a grindy game, even with the time acceleration.

'New Reality Online? More like, No Life Online!' and they even start berating the Closed Beta players for having no job or so.

...well, their personal information wasn't known and it's not my business whether they're NEETs. Not even their forum accounts had any info of their actual Game ID.

Despite all the outbreak, the number of Open Beta players exploded so much. I guess they didn't mind few hardships—they were really dying to try the game out as it was unlike any other.

By the way, those Closed Beta guys had their level and stats reset, so the only advantage they had were experience and personal skills. Plus, their favorability and reputation were also reset—to compensate for all the terrible things they did just for testing the game out.

Although, it looks somewhat dubious. The amount of Closed Beta participants were a lot more than the ones testifying. While their testimonies look plausible, there was no way to test their veracity so soon.

Sure, not all of them were pro gamers who just wanna be ahead of all. Some might just wanna share the knowledge to make friends by the time Open Beta hits. Some others might actually be putting in false info to mislead lots of people.

Nevertheless, I had no intention of competing with them—I just wanna laze around.

It's just like a real world with System, and I still feel tired from work.

Locking my Inn room and taking my shoes off. I pulled down the curtains, diving towards the bed. The comfy cushion and soft pillows weren't any less from modern-styled beds--I think I can sleep well.

There weren't any conditioner and the sun was still high. Yet this room was so quiet and peaceful. It's also chill and breezy. Just letting my head touch the pillow was enough to catch me some Z's.

Goodnight!

...

I thought the capsule would be going dud; turning of the time acceleration and letting me have my usual dreams, but...

[Boss Leigie...Demon King Irina has summoned you.]

I was in my bed, but this bed was a really luxurious one. Everything else looks blurry besides it and the heavenly sensation seeping through my entire flesh.

A maid with thin-rimmed glasses and stoic expression eyed me with concern. Her name's Lorna—written in majestic gold-plate. Unlike any NPCs, I've ever seen.

My mouth opened up...but no words came out.

...

[You have gained a hidden piece to ??? in your dream.]

This game was some serious shit. It even generated some story-based dreams for you!

The moment I woke up, it's already night. I didn't really dream anything more—but man those sleep are so satisfying.

Yet, probably cuz my real body still need more, I felt I could sleep a lot more.

Ugh...

My body got rather sluggish from hunger and thirst.

I just hope the Inn still provide some food at this hour.

Checking the current in-game time, my worries were unfounded.

Enjoying the delicious meal to the fullest, I felt sleepy again, even though my energy level was maxed.

...so I went back to my room and slept again.

...

I spent the remainder of the week sleeping inside the game. I never felt as refreshed before, as I woke up.

Although, I was pretty sure my money's going to run out soon.

One night is 1 silver 30 copper. One night in the game is 24 hours, which translates to 6 real life hours. Every real life day, I used 4 silver 120 copper, or 5 silver 20 copper.

Right now I only ate at night and spent the remainder of the day sleeping. Due to my low level, even one meal was able to fully replenish my hunger.

I have 1 gold 30 silver.

36 silver and 40 copper were used in the week.

I can still continue like this for roughly less than two weeks.

Although this routine was starting to get boring since I couldn't even dream whatever I want. It's always Leigie this, Leigie that. Thank goodness most of it was short...and I eventually was able to dream whatever I want.

Yeah, I also got a skill to normally dream...and the game even reminds me that whatever happens in my personal dream, the developers won't even know shit about it. No one would know unless I publish it myself.

The best part—I could record my dream in detail!

Well, it's not like I could control what I dream about, even if people find it repulsive. They'd be such hypocrites—as if they never dreamt of strange things at all. Although I have no intention to let the world know.

Let me just enjoy the game in obscurity, if I could.

As it went on, I barely paid any attention to Leigie's story.

Nearly two weeks later, with money running short...I decided to delete my account and start over, doing the same thing. I had enough entertainment just watching videos of people playing the game.

...but as I just woke up from my last slumber...

[You have unlocked all the Hidden Pieces!]

[You have inherited the legacy of Acedia's Demon King, Leigie Slaughterdolls!]

[You have unlocked the Legendary Class – Monarch of Sloth.]

[You have unlocked a Unique-rated Second Class – Demon King]

[You are the first one to acquire a Legendary Class! The title, Primordial Legend, is acquired!]

[You are the first one to attain a Second Class! The title, Pioneer Specialist, is acquired!]

Err...what the fuck?

Later on, I realize, the Legendary class nets experience points, stats, and skills just by sleeping. Plus when I logged outside the Safe Zones, it will create one for myself. The one that grants absolute protection to me while damaging the enemies nearby.

I even could kill enemies and gain experience while logged off! Though the enemies are still weak af.

This is the best game ever.

...that was before my username [Yukkuri Otoko] was marked as Hax.

I don't really give much care for what others think.

This is just a game and I won't let that negatively affect my real life.

...thanks to my skills, I can enter and leave the game without worries.

Maybe, the next time I log in, I could find new ways to have fun while chilling around...and record more of my dreams as well.

3