Tranquil Isolation (GL)
187 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
old stuff.

In a particular mansion, lived a solitary girl. Enclosed in a dimension parallel our own.

She used to live in our world normally, but due to a strong wish for freedom, her consciousness ends up in this world; taking a form of a young girl.

She had a pale complexion with glistening silver hair going over her shoulders, and a slender, small chested-figure. Looking as old as early teens.

Ever since she came here, all she wore was pajamas and some comfortable casual clothing. She never bothered to try all the cute clothes in her wardrobe. She was content with the comfy ones.

Despite her love to stare long and hard at the mirror; her cheeks flushing red by the second--the girl wasn't all that fixated in fashion. Most likely, since there was no one to show it to.

All form of companionship she had was in the form of a notebook placed inside that solitary room.

When she arrived, she found herself in this room. The book gave out a strong radiance as if calling out to her.

She expected the start of an eventful journey.

Although the note betrayed her expectations.

[You will live in this mansion forever. There's no one around but we will provide accommodation through our own means.]

[Meals regularly would be served three times. Breakfast (6:00), lunch (12:00), dinner. In addition to morning and evening snacks if you desire so at (9:00) and (15:00).

You could also order anytime by writing in the kitchen notebook. Just in case you miss out your meals.

All served food will disappear from the dining hall approximately an hour after the designated time.

You could also arrange the food served each day to your liking. Or cook by yourself if you so desire. Feel free to eat to your heart's content without the fear of getting fat. No need to worry about running out of ingredients to cook.]

[Laundries are done overnight. You just have to put the dirty clothing in the box right outside your room. It should all be placed on your wardrobe in the same position the next morning. There are a lot of cute clothes so feel free to try them on.]

[The mansion basically consists of your room, the dining hall, kitchen, and study. If you want to bask in outdoors—we have a flower garden and gazebo, with its own tea and cake set.

Sometimes the weather out may be raining or snowing, but it would never be extreme. There should be an umbrella and winter clothing if you ever need to go out in certain situations. It wasn't much of exterior but we hope you'll be satisfied with what we give.]

[There wasn't much in the outside beside the flower garden in which were maintained with care through our own means. No need to worry about caring for the plants. We also made sure that the entire mansion would be of the finest cleanliness each day.]

[There should also be a computer with internet access to your old world. Your previous life's data was all preserved in the new computer. It was comparable to the finest supercomputers of the current time.

If you remember your accounts, you could also get those back to interact with them again. You can tell them about this place, but many wouldn't believe in such a thing.]

[Even though the time flows the same as here and your world, you would not age. You can live forever to observe the world through various means. We would provide you all the latest technologies if you want, and you could buy anything digitally with the unlimited funds we provided. For the physical goods, we could provide it ourselves.

Just write at the notebook beside this one, whichever you wish to order.]

[Consider this a blessing or a curse. You may or may not be alone forever, but that's all up to you. We provide all the necessities for you to live a comfortable life, but as for companionship, you may only do so through your own efforts. That is all, may your life in here as pleasant as it can be.]

After she read all of the notes, she began to notice the spacious room that's now hers.

She remembered the days she lived in the old world. In a cramped, dirty apartment. Every single day was so tiring, and the only thing on her mind was to eat cupped noodles and sleep. The moment she woke up, she had to work just so she could have enough for rent and barely a minimum amount of food.

She didn't want to get back to her hometown and kept avoiding her family since they kept pestering her to marry a man she hated. She didn't like men that much. She preferred younger girls.

She only had the guts to enjoy it as a closet thing--reading some manga, watching the anime and all their derivative works, though not so much as to indulge in romance.

She understood it well enough in which it started to hurt a lot. From her days in college until graduation, while she was far away from her parents—she began to develop an idealistic mindset due to lack of influence of a conservative family.

Interacting with friends over the internet who had no fear to show their true selves also played a major influence. They undertook escapism by enjoying anime. Some wanted to be free from the facades of the real world.

In the online chats, they would passionately tell people their far-fetched dreams. Like some old married man who actually wanted to be reborn as a little girl or a female fanfiction author who wanted to become a handsome guy so she could romance another man in her own ways. They had different desires but one thing in common—they were very dissatisfied with their current life and had generally unrealistic dreams.

They met up in a group chat and had predictions about how their wishes would come true. Most of them were fictitious in nature and were unlikely to happen—some were really desperate they got to the point of not caring about anything in life. Others even quit their current jobs as the discussion went on and lived like, if they couldn't have their wishes granted, they would be just waiting for their death.

Though that only applies to those not having a family yet. The married man forsook that dream. He was never heard of again as he deactivated his account ever since he bade them farewell.

Amongst those others who quit their dreams, there was various youth who quit their education midway and had to be dragged back to their hometown since he was too scared to commit suicide. He was still in contact with the group and he often complained about being forced to work. Currently, the girl's memories recalled about him running away from home with his parents' money to start a new life somewhere unknown.

Few people in the chat sometimes talked about suicide. It was mentioned to be the last resort for a desperate being in order to escape reality. End your life before people around you start to corrupt your pure soul. It would be painful, but the reward would be worth it—you'd be set free.

Yet, it was debatable whether the ones leaving the group actually committed suicide—no one has ever given their intentions besides the married man.

Sometimes those who said about leaving the group might come back again, but there were also those who were still in the group but never actually took part in the chat, or went on a prolonged absence without notice.

Things were lively and they sometimes argued with each other, mainly about how far you could go on being unrealistic.

The girl went to the computer in that room, started browsing the net, going to the group chat once again—things were rather slow out there. She was one of the lurkers. Never revealing her kinks, to experience love between girls. Only joining the conversation seldom.

Nevertheless, she liked it here. There were a lot of things she could relate to and empathize with this group of people.

Reading the recent chat logs, she felt a sense of deep nostalgia. Like it was the thing which happened a long time ago. She browsed her past status updates concerning her own stress at work and how she had almost no time to relax and enjoy life.

Her eyes glued into a particular status which was marked as private. It was about her getting fed up in life, wanting it to end very soon. She didn't care anymore whether there's work tomorrow or not. She just wanted this kind of life to end. She made a wish to a certain elder god.

"Please cast me away to a place where I could be free from all of these responsibilities. I wanted to be freed from this life, I beg you, please help me."

That was her wish. As she began to get back to her usual activity in front of the computer, there was a voice resounding in her head:

"You still couldn't get away from reality, eh? So much for your desire to escape from it."

The computer shut itself down abruptly as if telling her to focus on her current world, not her past world. The maple door opened wide, leading the girl towards a wide corridor. In front of her, crystal clear skies could be seen, with lush green grasses neatly trimmed; various flowers arranged in a way which complements the spectacle.

The view was separated by thick transparent windows. The floor made the soles of her feet chilly. The middle point of the corridor was covered by exotic-patterned carpet--it had brown-reddish color patterns. The corridor walls were of the same color palette, the flooring itself made out of brownish marble.

No other rooms were present, only hers. Overlooking the corridor was an open pathway to the dining area on the left; the main entrance to the right.

The main entrance led towards the exterior and study room, with a stairway leading towards an observatory.

She observed the observatory first—she wasn't feeling hungry at all. Since it was broad daylight, there'd be no stars to look at. She felt inclined to observe her surroundings through a binocular placed nearby the telescope. On distances away, she saw the view fading away to nothingness.

There was a small plot of farmland though no one taking care of it, and no farm animals
around. Much closer, she saw the flower garden, with all the exterior decorations.

Stony pathways leading to the farmland, beyond that was a tiny hill in which a solitary tree grew on. Something inside urged her to go investigate. Though, as when she tried to exit the front entrance, the door was shut and it wouldn't budge no matter what.

She began to feel regret, even more, if the door actually broke with no way of fixing. What if bad things could come in? She knew the world was supposed to be just her alone, but that thought made her shiver in fear, knowing that there might be something which was out for her and she couldn't call for help.

She resigned to go outside and her entire body began to tremble as she skipped through the mansion.

'What if, there's something fearsome in there, in which I couldn't run away from? I wanted to go back—even my old world felt a lot more secure than this—though I couldn't stand going back to my job after this day.'

There was something calling her out in the study room. A warm, inviting voice. She knew she was supposed to be alone in this world, but even the slightest hint of companionship would be very nice.

A voice resembling a little girl. It reminded herself of her late little sister—she was smart and talented--she was also gentle and caring. She was her first love. Before she could confess her love and marry her—that precious life was taken away by an illness she contracted out of blue.

She opened her door; it was her little sister wearing a maid outfit, sweeping the floors of the study room.

"Good morning, young mistress. I know you're supposed to be alone but the landlord figured out you couldn't stand this loneliness. It's mainly due to my looks, but I'll try my best to be of use."

She later learned that her being alone was just a cruel joke placed by whoever created this dimension.

Though, at that exact moment, the surge of immensely strong feelings welled within her.

She hugged the young maid so tight—unable to hold out her feelings—she cried so much it began to wet the fabric.

Despite the young maid having no recollection of their relationship, looking at her mistress—there's something in her heart that's breaking apart.

"S-sis?" she lied and pretended to be her little sister.

Little did she knew, that it wasn't based on looks alone, but her mannerisms were so akin to the girl's actual late sister.

...both of them began dancing on the palm of whoever sent them.

2