No Fork to go with Spoon? No problem.
118 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I was in college, I often dine at the convenience store. They had a cheap rice meal with large chicken fillet, which comes with its own tomato sauce package wrapped in plastic. It had a chicken and the word 'Heinz' written in the good ol' plastic.

You can also add your own sauces, provided in the store. Chili, tomato, cheese, and mayo. At times I saw people eating potato chips with the sauce. The chips were pretty meh but the sauce made it bearable. Tried it a few times—still not my thing.

For the other toppings, they're mostly vegetables: celery, cucumber, carrot, with an occasionally fried onion—love it.

In the promo package, I can have a rice bowl, the chicken, and a drink. Sometimes mineral water; other times coffee or the cola you filled the plastic glass to the brim with. I kept it on until it was about to overflow. Gave a sip before it trickled away; sneakily took a gulp and refilled it once.

Good times.

Not liking the coffee as much. You just click the flavor you want and get it on a set amount. Also, the glass itself was small.

Other convenience store meals include rice meals like curry and beef bowls and sandwiches of varying flavors, also hamburgers. Not to forget, pudding and yogurt side by side. Fresh vegetable salad, edamame, and fruit salad were also there. Although it may not necessarily be for the health-conscious, cuz you know, it's a convenience store.

Didn't give a lot of fuck on health. I was still young, wanna do whatever I want. At the present time, when I was older—I can think back at that time. Wow, it's like being a part-time NEET while still getting money from your parents. Fucking subarashii.

They also came with its own promo, but that's not really important.

One night, I went there and ordered the meal. It's during the happy hour from 8 PM to 11 PM. Usually served in a plastic box with the polymerized spoon + fork tag team combo.

Unfortunately, the fork was outta commission. Poof-poof.

I simply took another spoon. It just doesn't feel right eating with one spoon and utilizing your free thumb.

I ate with two spoons and no one's batting an eye.

Gotta love how real life works.

How does it feel, eating with two spoons? It just felt kind of different on my left hand. Still a lot better than having none.

To be honest, I sometimes use the provided wood chopstick in place of a polymerized fork. As I didn't use it often, it looked a bit awkward when I split them.

Put it in my left hand and just pick the food or shovel the rice and other small bits.

The other way was to just do it anime style. Pretending you're a Saiyan and bring the bowl close to your mouth.

Om nom nom.

If I were to say—what's the kick eating at a convenience store? You can just go at the other food shops and it'd still be cheap.

First, it was open 24 hours a day. When I was in college, other than days with classes, I could be active all night and slept all morning. I don't always have the motivation to cook and I rarely had food stashed. Like when I brought a big pack of potato chip, I was afraid of littering my room and have tons of annoying ants scrambling in.

I was like, if I didn't have to, I won't bring the food to my room--even when I ate the meals—mostly delivery when I'm lazy—other times I just went out for a good ol' walk to the said restaurants.

When I felt like eating at my place, there's this lounge right after my room and I sat on the floor. The table's just at the right height to eat comfortably.

Eating at the convenience store was pretty comfy as well. It's also a short walking distance from my place. I guess I'd like a change of pace and atmosphere from time to time.

When I looked back, the best thing about being in college—lots of free time, especially when you're working on your thesis. I can just laze around whenever I want. My college doesn't have a strict timetable.

To be honest with you, I don't really enjoy the college for being the college. I enjoy being part-time NEET a lot more.

While sometimes, I felt sorry for my parents--It also reminds me of something.

I was too self-centered and selfish to be a parent myself. I couldn't even take care of myself all that much.

Though it's fine anyway.

I don't believe starting a family and raising a child is that much of necessity anymore. Even if I found the right person for me, I'm not sure about having a kid.

It seems like pain and tons of annoyance. I prefer peace and quiet, even it means being alone for the rests of my life.

When I felt empty about my own life, I can just write. I can just converse with people on the net.

While it might be a pain as well, I guess I had to pick up on taking care of myself.

Bit by bit, until I was able to live on my own and rely on myself when it counts.

1