Getting hit by a Truck, His Corpse got summoned to Another World.
131 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coincidences do happen.

An average high school boy crossed the road. Out of blue, a truck ran at him full speed.

The impact was so strong; he died.

His entire body turned into mangled flesh. Yet, before his corpse hit the floor, a summoning circle enveloped him, and he disappeared.

It's already too late.

Out of possible summoning targets--it has to be this kind of guy again.

...

The Princess nearly collapsed on the floor. One of her attendants brought her a flask filled with glimmering azure liquid, which she gulped in one go. At this point, she could no longer care about acting refined.

Her face was ghastly pale—as if that moment made her age almost a decade.

"How did it go?" the King strolled leisurely into the summoning chamber, his face beamed with smiles. The first Hero Summoning should be a success—he believed in his eldest daughter.

Noticing the crowd of people gathering around the summoning circle, blocking every possible view—his smile fell.

"You there! What happened?"

Realizing her precious daughter's depressed posture, the King bellowed to the nearest attendants; they flinched and jumped in response.

"Y-your Majesty! This is..."

"Enough! I'll see with my own eyes--make way."

The crowd parted away, as the King finally saw such horror strewn before his eyes...

"By the name of Joathun..."

His expression went dark, and his subjects kept their eyes down; not daring to see what face the King was making.

Guilt riddled his conscience.

'Could it be, that the summoning spell was faulty? Rather than calling a Hero capable of bringing peace—it actually killed him?'

As his kingdom was the first to attempt the summoning, he wasn't sure.

'The Great Sage did provide all nations with the spell. My little Mira shouldn't actually make a mistake. She's that much of a perfectionist—but can I really be that shameless to declare it simply as bad luck? No, I'm a King, I must take responsibility.'

"Prepare a funeral at once." he quickly regained his composure and ordered his subjects, "Regardless of what caused his death, it's only natural to give him burial as would be an honorable subject. Make haste."

A funeral was held at once. The King told the Princess it's not her fault.

...but the Princess end up attending. The entire time, she had a complex expression.

The King did not know what rites in the other world, or what religion did the Hero believe. It was carried out in Joathun rites.

According to the Joathun scripture, the souls of brave and valiant warriors will be taken to Heavenly Battleground. Where they would fight as the Soldiers of Gods in the war between Gods and Demons. Depending on how well they do, they might attain a high position—possibly becoming a god themselves.

Since the said Hero hasn't proven himself as a warrior, he cannot undergo the ritual.

He was titled the King's honorable subject and the burial went accordingly. It's just a glorified version as would be a normal citizen. The same way if a loyal subject died.

Everything went all solemn, and the subjects' grief alleviated as the rite wrapped itself. They regained their smiles and got themselves ready for business as usual.

As they regained their composure much too quickly, the King was displeased:

"...prepare the memorial in a few days' time. Anyone who was caught leaking the news will receive punishment."

...

The next day, the King met an unexpected guest.

It was the said Hero, in ghost form. He was still wearing the uniform.

"I happen to detect traces of my body in here...can I have it back?"

The King wasn't sure how to respond.

"...we already buried it, in the Royal Castle's graveyard. Even if you were to return, the body's in no shape. We're...so sorry..."

"It's pure coincidence—there's nothing to worry about."

The boy explained how he died due to getting hit by a truck, and right as his soul was about to depart to heaven, the summoning circle enveloped him.

It caused two gods to fight over him. Eventually, each bestowed him a powerful Cheat.

"In any case, my business is done. I wish to thank you all for giving my body a proper burial. I would have done the same."

With a respectful bow, as would be a knight's, the young man vanished from the throne room—leaving no traces.

The ghost boy did not bring up about the hero summoning—he does not wish to take up the mantle.

He just wanna live a slow life; not having to concern himself with heroes and demon kings—or being under someone--free as free can be.

While the Kingdom treated him well enough. He doesn't need their backing or any Kingdoms, Factions, and Empires out there.

With his Cheat, he can go anywhere he wants and does whatever he wants.

Even if they buried his body; he wasn't indebted in the slightest.

It's partly their fault, he ends up dying to a truck. If only the summoning was on time.

'Even if I got two Cheats, it's painful as hell.'

Regardless of their treatment of his body, he won't heat up the matter—as long they didn't act in hostility.

Wrapping up the job well done, the boy's actual body materialized in a tree house, far—far away. His Cheats were able to reconstruct the ultimate body in place of his lost one. The physique that could overwhelm even dragons and gods.

His appearance remained the same; he found it repulsive if he's too handsome—people would bother him and fawn over him all day long.

He took a while to get used to his abilities. It was night time the moment he finished--it'd be impolite to visit right away.

So he waited until the Sun came up

Arriving back at his humble abode, he stretched his arms and legs. With a bright smile, he began to plan his slow life in the other world.

'No need for school or studying; no parents to nag me day and night.

I can enjoy everything at my own pace.

This must be Heaven.'

So the boy thought.

After he was finally satisfied, he would consider going to the other God's world in order to fulfill the promise.

..but before that, he would relax and discover all the things in this world, little by little.

Thus starts the boy's cozy adventure.

Overall it's reads like a generic prologue to me. I want to write something normal for a change I guess.

1