Sword Art Online but Everyone uses Sword to make Art, Online
151 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The full dive VRMMO, Sword Art Online.

There is no bullshit death game.

Only groups of people extremely obsessed with using swords to do every single thing.

Using swords to eat, cutting wood and grasses, etcetera.

From the title itself—Sword Art Online—how about creating some works of art with a sword? A sword sculpture for example.

A certain young man named Kirito stood behind a large stone block.

"Klein-senpai, can we really sculpt with swords? What's the point in doing this?"

The said person raised a question, "What's the point in Art then?"

"To express yourself?"

"...and why did we play online games, Kirito?"

"To have fun...I guess—but will sculpting benefit us?"

"Now...now, see all the guys out there with stone blocks and swords? They are all doing the same thing." as Klein spoke, some already chipped the blocks with their sword--few even took a distinct shape.

Klein wrapped his shoulders around Kirito and nudging his sides with elbows, grinning smugly.

"It should be something really, really fun...don't 'cha agree?"

Kirito could only sigh.

"What do you want me to do?"

"It's simple. Just learn the [Sculpting] skill using your available skill points."

Klein gave his junior a thumbs up.

"So this is why you let me ride your bus...Klein-senpai."

"Oh, come on—how many online games out there let you create a sculpture using a sword?"

"Alright...but Senpai must help me out with leveling."

"About that...please pick a time when I'm free, 'kay? I have a full-time job, after all."

"I never expect Senpai to be a responsible working adult."

"Hey, that's rude."

"Right...right, I'll go and learn this [Sculpting] skill now?"

Assigning all the skill points to [Sculpting] Kirito felt he had been duped at first.

He was there during the Closed Beta, but he never expected such skill to exist so soon.

"That's my boy. Now, try using the skill and highlight the rock."

"Like this?"

Using the skill, he saw several marks on the stone block. The outline followed the shape of a sword identical to one he's wielding.

Kirito felt weird—sculpting should be a crafting skill, right? He never thought it'd be some manual approach rather than simply dragging the items with few button clicks.

He didn't complain much along the way and just cut, slash, carve the stone until finally—various System Messages pop up.

[Welcome to Sword Art Online, the game where you can use Swords to create your Art, Online!]

{...and that's a joke. We hope you can have fun and enjoy the stay. For the next two weeks, those who cleared the 'Easter Egg' will receive 100% EXP and Gold buff. Be sure to tell this to everyone to amass wonderful Friendship Points!]

'Friendship Points?'

As Kirito pondered, Klein's face looked so damn smug.

[Since the inception, Director Kayaba wish to create another reality. One where you can treat as a second home, far away from real life.]

[To a lot of people, playing games is considered something unproductive. He wishes to change that. By playing Sword Art Online, you will gain tons of valuable experience that will benefit you in real life as well.]

[That would be all. Enjoy your Sword; enjoy your Art; enjoy playing with others, Online.]

[That is...the essence of Sword Art Online.]

'What the flying fuck...'

Kirito's literally facepalmed few times throughout the message.

'This game is so weird, I'm starting to like it.'

...and that's how Kirito became addicted to Sword Art Onlne.

2