World Without Colors
74 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
some ol' stuff

maybe written around last year.

As I woke up, my entire surroundings were all grey. Couldn't be a color-blind since I still saw my white-skin clearly. It's kind of surreal how the mirror's all grey but my reflection's all colored.

Not long after, my mom came knocking the door, ushering me to wake up.

Her voice monotone; I couldn't even see her face. When I came downstairs, my dad and little sister were readying up for work and school. Dad sipped his coffee and read the newspapers.

Everything's grey including them. I couldn't see what's in the newspaper and even their conversations were all blurred out.

Not even a single word was heard clearly.

At that day, I didn't go to school and nothing changes. Even though mom stayed at home, for the most part, she didn't even realize I was there, until it's about time for me to go home. She simply walked towards the door and saying 'you're back' although I was reading in the living room the entire time.

Reading what? The usual manga I shoplifted along the way since nobody ever noticed me at all. There were only grey colors so it's a bit less entertaining than usual. As I kept reading, the images went blurry and I understood the story even less.

Dad still went home rather late and my little sister also had to attend the cram school, so it's about the evening when she's back.

She said it's for her future. It's not as if she's trying to get to a good school, because the guy she likes went there.

The next following days, I was sleeping most of the time. until one day, I realize, there was another me in the same bed.

He was exactly like me but painted in grey. Went and have breakfast with my family, going to school, doing activities like the usual me.

That's when I finally notice my body becoming more and more transparent, the more I realize my own disjoint with this world?

Did I really belong here, after all?

Of course not.

There's nothing such as the odd one out.

When I finally opened my eyes and perceive everything that happened, I was back in the world with colors.

Where my mother was actually paying attention to me. Where it actually matters if I'm here or not.

It still didn't make me feel less alone...but at least, I'm actually here.

0