Chapter 25  A Rating Game With My Brother?
1.9k 40 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 25  A Rating Game With My Brother? by Harem-Fan

 

     A few days later in my Gremory library, I was teaching Ni and Li some facts about the Underworld they have not learned yet, while Kuisha and Tsubaki were across from us doing homework for Mother.

     I point the diagram out to the bored cat girls who hate book learning, but are only doing it for Mofu Mofu rewards.

     "In the Underworld the noble ranks of importance go as follows... Devil-King, Great-King and Arch-Duke! The High Class Duke, Prince, Marquess, Count, Viscount and Baron. The Middle Class are Baronet and Knight."

     I point to the Devil King's first and say.

     "Obviously the top are the 4 Devil Kings like my Brother, Serafall, Ajuka, and Falbium. They all run different aspects of the Underworld. And below them but just as respected is my Ancestor, Zekram Bael. He represents the old way of doing things as a Devil. Then the Neutral branch in charge of law enforcement, the  Arch-Duke Agares Clan of the remaining 32 Devil Clans of the 72 Pillars. It is the second highest-ranking clan amongst the 72 Pillars. The next heir to the Agares Clan is Seekvaira Agares. Kuisha and I went to preparation school with her, and she is nice."

     I point to the current list of Nobility in the Underworld and brush over it a bit.

     "The High Class Duke, Prince, Marquess, Count, Viscount and Baron. Well our Gremory Home is a Duke family just under the three previous groups mentioned. Now my Friend Sona's family is the Prince rank, just under our family, so they are also kinda like one of our people. And the Phenex are an example of the Marquis family. After that you get the idea."

     Then I point to Ni, Li, and Tsubaki and get their attention here.

     "This last one concerns you three the most. The Middle Class are Baronet and Knight. This noble rank does not hold land outside of the House they are attached to, but it is the lowest form of nobility that keeps Higher Ranked Devils from just seeing you as rabble. You can earn this rank through doing many Contracts for Humans, or notable battles for the Devils. I expect all three of you to at least earn this rank within the next 8 to 9 years. But once you gain this rank, you can eventually earn a higher rank joining the High Class and getting a Peerage of your own if you like."

     Li shook her head and said vehemently.

     "Master, I never want to leave your side and be a King ~Nya!"

     Tsubaki frowned upon hearing that, and Ni nodded to agree with Li, but I explained.

     "Girls, you misunderstand, you never have to leave me silly. Becoming a King and going independent is optional, but getting your set of Evil Pieces is important for the Gremory House. For example, if you find a promising Human who does not want to die, or someone who just wants to be a Devil and becomes a maid or worker for the family, then can get all the benefits of being a Devil in exchange. For Rating Games, you can stay with me forever if you want."

     Kuisha smiled at the three girls panicking, because she also panicked at the thought of getting Evil Pieces. She wants to stay my Bishop forever.

     Just as we were going to learn more, Grayfia came in and told us.

     "Devil King Lucifer has cordially invited you Prince Ray, and your future Peerage to witness a Professional Rating Game, at the Agreas Dome this afternoon. So would you accept?"

     I smile at how serious Grayfia always is and nod.

     "It is rare for Big Brother to invite me out for a game, so how could I dare refuse, I will go, let us leave and get ready girls."

     Li leaps up in the air and declares her joy for everyone to hear.

     "My brain was hurting, and I was saved by the Devil King ~Nya!"

    Poor Ni looks like learning is hard for her as well. Youkai are a free spirited bunch and sitting in stuffy libraries saddens them.

     So we all prepared to leave...

-

     An hour later, Grayfia brought my Peerage into the Agreas Territory via her transportation Magic. We unfortunately cannot enter the Floating City of Agreas due to a no Flying (airships are legal) and no Transportation Magic Ban.

   The Arch Dukes Agreas lands are large-farmlands almost as fertile as the Sitri Territory owned by Sona's family, but not as lush. Normal food crops are grown here and the land's biggest attraction is of course the Floating Island of Agreas.

      The Floating Island Agreas contains one of the most popular tourist vacation spots in the Underworld. It also has the Agreas Dome where we are currently heading, the one used in Season 4 of the anime for the Gremory vs Bael match. That was the funny strip tease battle with Coriana. This Dome is one of the most popular venues for the Official Professional Rating Game of the Devils.

     Agreas Island is also one of the main hubs to create wind currents and circulate air in the Underworld, because the Underworld does not rotate like planet Earth does, and it needs to push air around to copy the atmosphere of Earth. Due to this fact, the Devil King Ajuka Beelzebub is in charge of this Island.

     But lastly what is currently making me and my Peerage open-mouthed is the sheer charm of this floating Agreas, because its lush natural aura and many sky high waterfalls of fantasy beauty.

     Tsubaki looking up with her light brown eyes, with her now iconic squared glasses, said what is in all of our hearts.

     "To think, the most beautiful place I have ever seen is in Hell, just amazing Ray."

     I was already holding Kuisha's hand on my left, but seeing the young Tsubaki look up to my right, my right hand held her left, because at that moment, I fell in love with this girl. Yeah, I know at this very moment, her look of wonder and joy is something I always want her to have.

     Tsubaki never looked at me when I held her hand, but her rosy cheeks, and the fact she held my hand tighter, let me know she felt the same. So I looked back at the magical island.

     I and everyone here had no idea that this breathtaking island held the darkest of Devil secrets. The original Satan Lucifer was a real piece of shit.

     Grayfia feeling we saw enough said to us.

     "Ray, we should take the Gondola Ride up to the Island before all of the fans flock in making it cramped, you will be a bit surprised when you get up there so prepare your heart."

     Her evil smirk did not make me feel like the Island was a place I should go, and she refused to say why.

-

     With the six of us, we rented our own Gondola all to ourselves as we slowly rose into the clouds.

     "Look Li, those Devils look so small down there ~Nya!"

     "If I did not have Devil wings now, I would have my tails straight ~Nya!"

     And Kuisha, Tsubaki, and I are no exceptions. I also have never been here and I have a kids curiosity, and seeing a long forgotten anime does not do this place any justice. Every sight is just better and better. Tsubaki whispers to me while listening to Li.

     "Ray, I don't have wings yet, so if I fall, catch me."

     "Even if you have wings, I will catch you."

     Gremory Charm nailed it, and I scored a critical heart arrow in my Queen, well based on her flushed face, and head nod. Thankfully we Devils are immune to diabetes, or I would be in trouble.

     And soon we touched down on the arrival station...

-

     Click Click Click Flash! I and my Peerage were stupefied at the large crowd of reporters and fans. Um, I knew I was famous, but... This is a bit much, right?

     Looking over at the gathered crowd, I am guessing at least 200 Devils are separated into two groups, one on each side of the security from the Gremory House, keeping them at bay.

     When Kuisha and Tsubaki saw the crowd, my Mother's training kicked in and the two girls let go of me, and crossed their hands like Grayfia does. Both stood one step behind me with the twins behind them, leaving me at the point to get all the attention, damn.

     "Hello Prince Gremory, is that your Peerage you are forming? And are you training already for the Rating Games, so the Gremory can get back in the higher ranks?"

     "Prince, I am in your fan-club, wave to us, Ufufu!"

     Hey that is a much older woman right there! If it was not Hell, I would scold her for being a Shota-con.

     "Prince Gremory, do you feel pressured due to your older brother's position and achievements?"

     If I say yes or no to that, I would get roasted, so I smile at him, and do not answer.

     "When is your wedding with Lady Kuisha Abaddon?! When will you have children together?"

     Fuck, I am only closing in on 11 lady, let me at least get a little older, and then visit Yasaka first, geez. Yeah, I decided I think I will give my first to her, for waiting so long for me. I told Kuisha this and she only said she got the first kiss and that was what mattered the most. So Hubby got the Hall Pass for Youkai Princess Mating.

     And many more questions like those, but Grayfia encouraged me to keep going to the crimson limo waiting for us.

     I was at least polite and waved at all of them, to not show bad form and shame my Gremory House. I just pretended to be Dad, but without grabbing the hot girls' butts of course.

-

     After a short drive through the sky city, we saw the huge dome and we all were excited. Thankfully, we get to go in through the VIP entrance where Sirzechs is waiting for us.

-

     As Grayfia led us in, my Brother was there with his warm smile I see more than outsiders ever see. Normally they only see my brother with his business expression, but we the family know how much of a child he can act like.

     And soon he said to us.

     "Ray, come and give Big Bro a hug?!"

     Unlike the anime Rias, I do not push my clingy older brother away, because one day, he or I may meet our ends in this crazy world. I never want to look back and think I did not appreciate all he did for me. There are so many more things to be ashamed about than a clingy Brother that only wants to make me happy.

     "Thanks for inviting me Brother, it has been a while, right? How is the Underworld treating you?"

     Sirzechs, seeing my group, smiled and said to us.

     "Ray and everyone, let us walk and talk, I have a VIP booth for this match. It will be a Blitz Style Match, so the game will have a 1 hour time limit when it starts."

     So my Brother and I walk side by side to his VIP room and he says to me.

     "I see you still have your 4 Peerage members, so I take it no one has caught your interest yet in Japan? Or do you want me to help keep an eye out for good talent for you? If you search the Human world, and I search the Underworld, you should find a strong team like mine?"

     "Big Bro, please keep an eye out for me here, I trust your eye for talent, like my eye for talent. I have had some close feelings, but it was not strong enough to let me find them. I can tell I keep missing some special person in Japan, so I will keep searching till I find them."

     As we made it to Sirzechs VIP room, he and I stood by the window overlooking the arena. My Servants all sat on the chairs in the room, while Grayfia served them drinks. Then Sirzechs said something to me that made my heart skip a beat...

     "Zekram Bael heard about your interest in attending school in the Human world of Kuoh Town, and he wants the Gremory to oversee that territory, because it has issues with the last Lord of the city. So when you turn 12 and get your Evil Pieces, he and I want you to become the territory's Ruler, what do you say little brother?"

     I took a deep breath, because one thing I cannot forget, like much of the story is, it may or may not become the epicenter for much trouble in the future, but...

     "Yes, but can Sona come to school with me there?"

     Sirzechs looked out the window with a smirk and busted my bubble.

     "Ah, phew, That is good, because Serafall said you had to bring her sister along, ha-ha!"

     Looking down at the stands, I sweat-dropped because I know how Sona ended up there in the first place...

     Kuoh Town, King Ray Gremory, your new Ruler is coming...

 

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

(A/N Rough Estimate Power Levels)

Spoiler
  • [Human-class (low 1-3, mid 4-6, high 7-9)]
  • [Low-class (low 10-30, mid 31-60, high 61-99)]
  • [Middle-class (low 100-300, mid 301-600, high 601-999)]
  • [High-class (low 1,000-3,000, mid 3,001-6,000, high 6,001-9,999)]
  • [Ultimate-class (low 10,000-30,000, mid 30,001-60,000, high 60,001-99,999)]
  • [Satan-class = Devil King-class (low 100,000-300,000, mid 300,001-600,000, high 600,001-999,999)]
  • [Super Devil-class = Transcendent-class (low 1,000,000-3,000,000, mid 3,000,001-6,000,000, high 6,000,001-9,999,999)]
  • [God-class (low 10 million+ - mid ???- high ???)]
    [collapse]
101