Chapter 38. Another Succubus
5.5k 27 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I paused trying to feel the flow of magic power or demonic aura around me, but there was none. Only the sound of the wind and dry leaves that ruffled around me.
"Hmph! She is good at hiding. I will try to lure her out."
I extended my hand towards Arcania and pulled her with my telekinesis. But I did not pull her towards me, but towards a large tree that was not far from me. Arcania's body slowly dragged toward the tree, sweeping the dry leaves around her. When she was already near the tree, the bull demon suddenly jumped and tried to stomp her. I quickly waved my hand and pushed the bull demon with my telekinesis.
-Crraakkk! - Crraakkk! - Crraakkk!
The demon bull was thrown away until he destroyed three trees behind it before it stopped moving. But my fight isn't over, if the bull demon is here it means that woman is also around here. I swept my gaze around me cautiously. A blade flew towards me, I swiftly avoided it as I smelled the poison from the tip, but suddenly the blade direction changed and turned after me, I rolled to the side to dodge it. The blade was stuck on the ground beside me. I took a glance at the blade and realized its true form was a black whip with a poisoned blade at the tip.
The blade was pulled back to its owner, the red-haired woman looked at me with a displeasure expression.
"Who are you? Why are you bothering me?!" she shouted.
I stood up and gave her a sly smile.
"I'm the one who wants to ask the same thing to you."
"It has nothing to do with you!" She slashed her whip at me. I concentrated my power on my feet and dodged her attack. As fast as lightning, I was lunged at her with my claws pierced at her, ready to tear her body. She managed to avoid me at the last moment, but it managed to cut her shoulder. She pulled her whip and tried to tie me with it. As the whip almost touched my back, I jumped to avoid it. Before she could attack me again, I dashed at her and swung my claws to her neck. She stretched out her whip with her hands to hold my attack and threw her kick at me. I dodged sideways, quickly turned around behind her and slashed the back of her neck with my claw, separating her head from her body.
The head and whip in her hand fell to the ground, her blood sprayed everywhere, soaking the ground and dry leaves around her, her body soon collapsed. I paused for a moment while staring suspiciously at her body lying before me. Even though I became stronger after absorbing Diorix's energy, I still felt something strange about her. It's weird to be able to defeat someone who has the same telekinesis power as me that easily.
"Ugghh ..." Arcania's voice interrupted my thoughts. I approached her and helped her to get up.
"What happened? Why am I here?" she murmured while holding her head.
"That's what I want to ask you," I said.
She was silent as she tried to remember what had happened to her then she shook her head.
"I only remember following her near the arena, after that, I don't remember anymore."
"She can bring Arcania from the arena without anyone noticing it?"
I turned my gaze to the woman's corpse.
"Did she pretend to be dead to trick me?" I extended my hand at her, my telekinesis lifted her body then I clenched my hand slowly. In an instant, her body was destroyed leaving only the blood that soaking the ground around her. I looked at the pool of blood in front of me.
"Am I wrong?"
I turned my gaze to Arcania.
"Let's go," I said as I returned to underground society, followed by Arcania.

*

*

*


The sound of footsteps broke the silence after Lilieth and Arcania left. She took the whip that was lying on the ground and kicked the woman's head. The head rolled until it hit the tree and suddenly turned into a dark aura that disappeared like smoke.
"I didn't think there were intruders."
The cloud covering the moon shifted, illuminating her elegant face and red hair. Her other hand holds the poison pouch which she has retrieved back from Lilieth.
"Even though I used illusions spell on the archane, but I still failed my mission."
A male voice came from the trees nearby.
"Your Highness, His Majesty calls you."
"He doesn't usually send you to call me, is there something important?" she said without turning her gaze to the small man who sat on a branch of a big tree. The night wind that was blowing hard ruffled his green hair, his legs swung casually like a child waiting for his parents and a big bow on his back.
He jumped down from the tree like a monkey and shrugged his shoulder.
"I don't know, he just asked me to pick you up immediately."
She closed her eyes. A rattling sound came from her body.
-Kkraakk --- Kkraakk --- Kkraakk
Two horns appear above her head along with a pair of bat wings growing behind her back. She opened his eyes which glowed reddishly as she smiled wickedly. She turned around and swung her hand into the empty space to make a portal.
"Well, I can't let His Majesty wait too long. Besides, I have an interesting news for him," she said as she walked into the portal followed by the man.

Don't forget to check my patreon page if you can't wait for another chapter and don't forget to click ❤️ if you like this chapter.

82