Chapter 62. The Outcast
3.2k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 62. The Outcast
The evening sun that shone in Ironshade Town getting dimmer. Several days had passed since the last conversation between Lilieth and Sarael. Since then Sarael has spent more time in the study room. Today is also the same, Tania walked down the corridor and knocked on the study room's door where Sarael was.
* knock * * knock * * knock *
"Sarael, may I come in?" she said.
"Of course," Sarael answered from inside the room.
Tania opened the door and entered a room full of bookshelves, a desk was in the centre of the room. But Sarael did not sit behind the desk but stood beside it, the skull in his hand glowed in green. While the one sitting behind the desk is one of this mansion's servants. His eyes look blank while his hands move quickly on a piece of paper with a pen in his hand.
With just one glance, Tania knew Sarael was using spirit possession on that person to make him rewrite the Tome of Darkness. She approached him.
"You've been here for days, don't you want to rest?"
"I want to finish this book quickly. That way maybe I can find Erebus sooner," he answered.
Tania shifted her gaze to the paper the servant had written with strange letters on the desk. The letter that could not even be solved by her tribe for years.
"Do you want to get your revenge at him?"
"No ..." Sarael paused for a moment as his eyes looked at a distance as if he wasn't there.
"I want him to return."
"Return?" Tania asked, turning her head towards Sarael.
Sarael fell silent again, he wasn't sure what he meant by the words 'return'. Restoring their relationship to the way they were before was impossible, as was their normal life.
While Tania understands his doubts from the look in his eyes, this is the first time she has seen Sarael like that, since usually, he is always straight forward about what he wants.
"I understand. But I hope you don't force yourself since you also just recovered." Although all of Sarael's wounds have healed, his magic power hasn't fully returned, especially after they did that a few days ago. That time is for the first time, she felt an extraordinary thirst to mating with the opposite sex. Her mind seemed to be overcome by her desire that destroyed her common sense.
Sarael took a glance at her and smirked. 
"If you're worried about me you should treat me better in bed."
Tania looked down with a reddened face in embarrassment remembering what she had done to him. 
"Am I too rough?"
"Of course." Sarael's hand suddenly hugged Tania's waist and pulled her into his arms.
"But that's fine. I like it."
Their eyes locked with each other, their hearts pounding. Sarael's lips began to fall on Tania, but she put her index finger on his lips to stop it.
"Why?" Sarael asked.
Tania turned to the servant who was writing on the desk, his hand movements began to disorganized and the paper in front of him was full of scribbles. 
"You lost your concentration," she said.
"Tsk!" Sarael clicked his tongue in annoyance as he flowed his magic power into the skull in his hand to regain his control of the servant's movement. The green light on the skull shone even brighter and the servant's movements regained order.
"After I finish it, don't expect me to let you go," Sarael said, glancing at Tania.
Tania's smile grew. 
"I won't let you go either." 
*
Meanwhile, behind the mansion courtyard Arcania shot her web near the trees to make another trap, then she swept her gaze around her and realized that everything had been filled with her web. Not even a fly could be escaped by her trap. 
'I think that's enough for today.'
She stepped into the mansion. Although she was able to adapt to her new life and realized that Lilieth was not as bad as she had expected, her thoughts remained fixed on Diorix. She could not deny her longing for him. Maybe to others, she looks like a 'toy' to his former master, but for her, it doesn't matter, her feelings already grow too deep for him. Even if she has to be his toy forever she doesn't mind.
Now Lilieth is sending Diorix to investigate about Aeros's royal family, she can't help herself but wonder when she can meet him again. She raised her head to look at the dim evening sky.
'Master Diorix ... Where are you now?'
*
The Ironshade Town began to quiet along with the dimming sunlight in the sky. Andrew and Kitty wear black cloaks with hoods covering their heads. They moved quickly between the aisles and slipped into the mansion located far opposite from Vance's mansion. The mansion is owned by a wealthy merchant who sells strange items. One of Lilieth's servants worked there and found an interesting document, so they were ordered to take it since the merchant had a strange habit. He never allowed his servants to come out, even to the market.
They ducked down and gave several taps to the back door that was made of wood. A thick envelope was tucked from the gap under the door. Andrew took it, without wasting any more time they immediately left from there.
Their feet move quickly while occasionally making sure no one is watching or following them. When things are safe they mingle with others on the crowded streets. Their eyes swept around them where people who had a normal life were passing by. Kitty's eyes caught a couple holding hands while chatting along the way. One of the woman's hands carried a basket of fruit, while the man carried a hoe on his shoulder.
He glanced at Andrew, even though they had done more than just holding hands but with their past, they could have a normal life like that. With Andrew's status as an escaped experimental object and Kitty who is a rare hybrid-beast, their presence will only invite those who are after them. 
Andrew suddenly grabbed Kitty's hand and carried her excitedly to the candy stall near them. His eyes glinted in excitement at the colourful candy displayed in front of him.
"What is this?" he said, shifting his gaze to the seller.
"It's candy, young man."
"Candy?" he asked innocently.
The seller looked at him in confusion.
"You've never seen it?"
Andrew shook his head, while a chuckle out of Kitty's mouth. She knew from Lilieth, that Andrew maybe had been locked up for his entire life and didn't know anything about the outside world. But still, seeing him getting excited after seeing candy, really made him look like a child. 
"How much does it cost, sir?" she asked.
"1 copper coin, miss."
Kitty placed a copper coin on his stall table. 
"Give Kitty one, nya."
The seller took her coin and gave fruit candy with beautiful colours to her. Which was taken by Kitty. 
"Thank you, miss."
"Octopus, want to try it?" said Kitty. 
"It can be eaten?" Andrew asked in confusion.
"Open your mouth, nya." Andrew opened his mouth and she put the candy in. Andrew's eyes immediately enlarged in surprise and excitement as the sweet taste of the candy-filled his mouth.
"Twasty!" said Andrew in mouth full. His excitement was clearly seen on his face.
Seeing Andrew's happy reaction just because of a single candy, another chuckle out of Kitty's mouth. Maybe other people won't believe that this innocent man can kill a person in a second. She grabbed Andrew's hand and pulled him back to walk. 
"Come on," she said.
After a few steps they walked, Andrew's step suddenly stopped. 
"What's the matter?" said Kitty, turning her head.
"Don't you want to try it?"
"The candy?"
Andrew nodded his head.
"There's no need. Kitty bought it for Octopus," Kitty replied. Even though she's a slave, but if it's just candy, she often gets it from Diorix.
Andrew looked at her for a moment then he pulled Kitty into his arms, his lips crashing against her. Time seemed to stop, her heart pounding, people passing by around them seemed to disappear. Andrew's tongue entered her mouth making the sweet taste of the candy flow and filled her. Their tongues clashed, the candy kept rolling between her mouth and his. Until finally the candy ends in Kitty's mouth.
He released his kiss. 
"Is that good?" His face looked red.
"It's good ..." Kitty answered awkwardly. This is the first time they kissed in public, she could not help herself but felt ashamed even though their faces were covered with a hood.
Hearing her answer, Andrew smiled and pulled her hand.
"Let's go home."
Kitty smiled and followed him.
'Maybe we will never get a normal life but this kind of life isn't bad either...'
 

You can find out what happened to Tania and Sarael in the side story with the title 'Loud Study Room' (Patreon Exclusive)

36