Chapter 69. A Demon and An Angel
2.7k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 69. A Demon and An Angel
My eyes stared at the book in front of me in annoyance. I don't know how many days I locked myself in my room, trying to read its contents but I didn't understand anything. I've also tried to find similarities in various languages and even in the ancient one. I even tried to interpret it in sign language. But nothing ... These letters are like meaningless scribbles.
A tired breath escaped my mouth as I plopped my back in my chair. From Tania and Sarael's words, I know this won't be easy but still, it still pissed me off. I swung my hand towards the centre of the room, trying to open the portal to Lord Damon's place but I couldn't. The rumours that this book came from the dark dimension have crossed my head since the first day I checked it, so I wanted to show it to Lord Damon. But it looks like he hasn't allowed me to meet him yet, I could only guess that this has something to do with Erebus.
I was deep in thought, trying to search another way. The dark power that was enveloping the original book flashed through my head. My eyes turned to the large book in front of me.
'Could it be it has something to do with those dark forces?'
My hand reached out to the book as I flowed my dark power to it, though I'm not sure but I'm running out of ways. The dark aura from my hand flowed over it. Vaguely, I could hear a man's voice inside my head, but I was sure it wasn't Lord Damon's voice.
"Forgive me ..."
'Telepathy?'
The man's voice grew clearer, even though his voice was full of dignity and honour but his sadness could be heard clearly from his tone.
"Forgive me ... Erebus ... Gabrielle ..."
'This ... Now I understand that the contents cannot be read but heard!' As soon as I was grasped by this fact, I flowed more power so I could hear his voice clearly.
The voice kept whispering to me conveying his sadness and regret. From his words, I could conclude that the book was actually a letter of Lord Damon and Erebus' father, Xenos Lycidas Malignus, the ninth demon lord who wielded supreme power in the dark dimension. Xenos came to the human world thirty years ago to dominate it. But before he did it he thought of playing with humans, therefore he turned himself into a human and lived among them.
That's when he met a woman, her name was Gabrielle. He fell in love then he finally decided to marry her. Yes ... Xenos Lycidas Malignus, the ninth demon lord, was willing to give up his power, abandoning his ambition to rule the world, leaving his beloved son, Damon Arcano Malignus in the dark dimension just because he fell in love with an ordinary woman.
In the early years of their marriage, everything went beautifully, they even were blessed with a son named Erebus. But their happiness didn't last long ... When Erebus was three-years-old, some angels invaded their home. Xenos thought his identity was discovered but no, they came to get Gabrielle. She was actually an angel but because she intervened the human's affairs too much, she was exiled in the human world and had her powers sealed.
She had already said that she would give up her power as well as her status as an angel and choose to live as an ordinary human with Xenos and Erebus. But, of course, she couldn't ... Rules are rules, she must return after her punishment is over. 
Seeing the woman he loved was taken by force from him, Xenos finally lost his temper. He released his powers, removed his disguise and fought them off, while Gabrielle took Erebus away.
After that, Gabrielle returned, alone. By then both the angels and Xenos were badly injured. Gabrielle begged them to stop their fight and promised to return to the light dimension. But in vain because her voice was engulfed in battle noise. Their power began to destroy everything around them and killing Gabrielle in result. Seeing that one of their sisters died, the angels took her body and threw Xenos who had been badly injured back into the dark dimension, not only that, they strengthened the barrier between the human world, the light dimension and the dark dimension. Which resulted in no demons nor angels being able to cross over, to make sure this mistake would not be repeated in the future.
'Now I understand why angels made the Whitelight family their ambassadors ... '
"Damon, my son ... I have tried hard to find a way to destroy the barrier for years. But finally, I understand, that barrier can only be destroyed with a demon lord's soul force. Therefore, after I die, replace me to look for your brother, take him home ... His name is Erebus, he has the same eyes and hair colour as you. That's my last wish. "
It didn't occur to me that ten years ago Lord Damon had come not to conquer the human world but to look for his younger brother. Indeed, at that time he came alone without an army, but humans concluded that he had come with bad intentions and attacked him without mercy. After all, the belief that demons are evil creatures is ingrained in the humans' heart and I was also the one who believed that. Human hatred deepened for him as he won every battle and killed all the troops sent to him. Until finally the Whitelight family was able to 'kill him', at least that's what they showed us even though it didn't ... They just managed to lock him up.
The dark aura from my hand stopped and I closed the book. Although I haven't found a way to release Lord Damon but at least I could understand things more clearly now.
My pity overtook me but still, I couldn't forgive what Erebus had done to Lord Damon.
'Erebus ... Too bad ... Even after I found out about your past, I still can't forgive you. '

*

*

*


Reyn's PoV
"Is everything gone smoothly?" Reyn asked the alchemists who walked beside him. His feet stepped in an underground cave with cell rooms lined up on either side. In each of these rooms has a person, sitting or standing, staring at the wall in front of him with a blank gaze. They were a successful experiment that he would use as weapons against the four elemental spirits.
"Yes, Your Highness," answered one of the alchemists.
"What about the crystal progress?" he asked again.
"Although the crystal power is extraordinary but we can handle it well, Your Highness," replied the alchemist.
They arrived at a large room with a dark crystal floating in the middle of it. Some high mages surrounding it. Their hand stretched towards the crystal to prevent its power from leaking out. Reyn's eyes were fixed on the crystal.
After he received power from Erebus, he used it to make the crystal. He realized that as a human, his body would not be able to accommodate a demon lord's power, so he had to store it outside his body by condensing it into a crystal.
He did all of this so that he could defeat Erebus, because even though Erebus had helped his family to capture Lord Damon, he knew Erebus also wanted to use his family to rule the three worlds. And he refused to be treated as a chess piece, his ambition was greater than that, so he pretended to submit to that Nephilim and asked him to take Damon's power little by little and make this crystal.
"How long will it take to finish it?" asked Reyn.
"It should be ready in a week," replied the alchemist.
'Everything fits my calculations.' Attacking the Stothia Empire was just an excuse, in fact, he did it so Erebus will lower his guard and Reyn could attack him with an ambush and lock him up like Damon. He had even prepared his troops as if he really would go to war with Stothia.
Reyn's eyes glinted in excitement, a sly smile developing on his lips.
'I just need to be patient a little more ... Once this crystal is finished, I will be the ruler of the three worlds. And I will make that damn Nephilim as my slave like Damon. I will become the strongest king! '
30