Epilogue
2.2k 24 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Superintendent Farnsworth,

I am writing to report back to you about a very peculiar incident involving a teenager and their pixie that Meredith and I encountered roughly two weeks ago. If you will check the database, you will see that I have added a new entry to the list of dual-pixie pairs, making the total a number of 46 known pairs living in the United Republic of States. Indeed I’m reporting on the nature of how this individual turned into a pixie, but in order to accurately describe the how and why of such an event, I must describe the unique situation they were placed in.

On Thursday evening, the 13th of April, a mere hour before Meredith and I were to close up shop, a young teenage boy by the name of Everett came to us, searching for relationship advice with his pixie, Sybil. What seemed like mere infighting between the two at first, turned out to stem from something much, much worse. Sybil was suffering from intense malnourishment due to acute degradation of Bond fibers, and judging by her symptoms, the two were only connected by less than a handful of strands. It was one of the most extreme cases I had ever seen, and I believe it was one of the key causal factors in the incident that happened later that week.

Through inquiry and an emergency soul-reading, we deduced that this boy was actually transgender, and the denial and burial of that truth had been slowly cutting the threads that tied the two together. (Note: see name on file listed as “Eve” instead of “Everett”) Knowing that Bond repair could only happen as soon as Eve accepted that truth about herself, Meredith and I were forced to speed things along by way of administering a Corporeal Mind potion. I trust that you will understand the circumstances we were faced with; if you have any legal complaints, please send them to Meredith’s email.

Eve took the potion on the afternoon of Friday the 14th--up in a tree no less. She successfully confronted herself in the mindscape, and I regret that it was such a painful and traumatizing experience for her, as most mindscape journeys are. (Please see the attached file for a full description--with Eve’s permission--of the events that took place in said mindscape.)

The events that took place immediately after the two woke up are both terrifying and miraculous.

As soon as Eve accepted the truth she had been hiding, the Bond between her and Sybil began to repair almost immediately and very quickly. Mere moments after Sybil woke up, she regained the ability to draw nutrients from the Magisphere. Due to having been starved for so long, she began consuming more and more magic with each breath. Like a fasting child with a box of donuts placed before them, Sybil forgot whatever training she had received to limit her magical intake and expenditure. Sybil’s consumption became so intense that it created a negative pressure in the surrounding air, and in a matter of split seconds, she had created a Hopps-Meyer Vortex, a self-sustaining vacuum of magic.

Now, any time a Hopps-Meyer Vortex gets involved in a situation, we magic doctors get very worried, as they nearly always end up in catastrophe. You have seen my earlier reports--I have had to reassemble children because of these. In the moments just before contact, Eve described light akin to staring at the sun, and felt heat coming from Sybil. Knowing this, I estimate that just before contact, Sybil internalized nearly 900 kilothaums of magic before releasing it when she touched Eve’s hand.

This is where I believe nothing less than a miracle occurred. Instead of being blended together into a smoothie, Eve reported nothing more than receiving a powerful jolt that shook her insides and then dissipated. She reported stumbling back into her room and losing consciousness soon after. That night, her cells switched from being protein-based to arcanine, and most of her body dissipated into the Magisphere, leaving a normal, healthy pixie behind.

On the morning of the 15th, they came to our office, understandably in shock, and we did our best to offer what explanation we could at the time. I theorized for them that at the moment the two made contact, their wishes and desires were in-line enough that all of that magic was directed towards turning Eve into a pixie. However, I must continue to research and study this, since similar incidents have all resulted in disaster for the human.

All in all, I really must thank my lucky stars that such an incident turned out so well. Eve is now adjusting to her new life and learning what it means to be a pixie, and her Bond with Sybil is stronger than ever. Frankly, sir, they are adorable to watch. I have requested resources from the department to help them transition into their new lives, as well as smoothen any bumps that may occur with logistics with the Goldfield School District. Interestingly enough, a friend of Eve’s has also come in for gender counseling as well. Thankfully this pair is in much better shape than Eve and Sybil were when they first approached us, and I feel confident that Meredith and I can help them with any of their troubles without the use of magical catalysts.

I will continue to monitor Eve and Sybil, as well as their family, and update you if any new information arises.

Respectfully,

Joanna Reynolds, P.M.D.

 

~~~

 

Dear Superintendent Farnsworth,

Apologies for sending this message so soon after the previous one, but new details have come to light. This afternoon Eve came to us and reported that she remembered a vision she had had while in the throes of the large magical shock she received. Her account is something I find most concerning. She reports to have seen millions upon millions of pixies surrounding her, and saw the Magisphere itself, from the viewpoint of space. What’s more, she described the Magisphere as an actual being, living and breathing, which somehow smiled benevolently at her before she came to.

I am concerned because this description matches two other accounts I have received, one from a pixie on her deathbed suffering from arcane cavitation syndrome, and the other from my residency when the head surgeon was performing a soul transplant on a patient due to prion disease.

I believe that there must have been some greater force at work involving Eve’s transformation into a pixie, and I am certain we have only tapped the very surface of the true nature of magic and the Magisphere. I worry about the implications that the Magisphere just might be a living, cosmic creature, and the ramifications of such a discovery. I’m now requesting additional resources and funding to research into this phenomenon further.

Respectfully,

Joanna Reynolds, P.M.D.

 

pixie hugs

 

Eve and Sybil will return in "Wildwood"

108