Chapter 43: Truly Bustling
194 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jay woke up he was instantly in a good mood, and right after exiting the tower he got briefed by General Green, something that made his mood even better.

 

The zombies had been taken out with ease, only a few casualties appeared near the end of the fight when the soldiers went in to capture the zombies.

 

Eighty cores had been collected and 7 zombies had been captured. Additionally, many gallons of zombie blood had been collected. This had been treated very carefully, in the end, it was stored near the room of General Green within the mansion.

 

This was to ensure the safety of the liquid.

 

The population of First City had now risen to over 350 people. More than three times what they had before. Most of these people were humans with the occasional Iceborne mixed in.

 

Architect Gariel and newly appointed Mayor Jake worked together well, building many new houses and starting a couple of new projects.

 

The main street was transformed into a shopping street with a blacksmith, woodworker, gem cutter, and more, each having a store. This obviously made Jay glad. He decided to rename the services situated behind the mansion.

 

Those would be controlled solely by him and wouldn't take any orders from citizens. In this way, he could ensure the best craftsmen in town would be working for him. In this way, a D+ grade blacksmith recently got the honor of becoming an apprentice in the Imperial blacksmithy.

 

Blacksmith Ariell had taught all the blacksmiths there properly, raising them up to the C grade, this way every imperial blacksmith was able to produce F-grade items. Ariell herself focused mostly on training the others, making an F+ grade weapon every now and then.

 

The town was booming, now that other architects had also joined in, Gariel could also focus on a bigger project. Jay had ordered him to start the design of a ginormous colosseum. The design had to be buildable out of stone and ice so that it could be built in the north as well.

 

This project would surely take him a little while to complete even though he broke through to become an A+ grade architect a while ago.

 

Jay didn't really mind waiting and once again delved into his magic studies, he wasn’t too worried about the amount of Tier 1 spells right now but felt like he was missing theory instead. Theory was necessary in order to manipulate his magic and create new spells. It was also something that was necessary to improve the amount of mana you can hold. Thanks to the basic magic books he had he was already able to make Tier 0 spells if he worked on it for a little while.

 

It was now that another matter came up. Initially he didn’t want to return to the Main City for the time being. Last time he nearly got killed and he still wasn’t sure who was behind that. But now it had been nearly 50 days since he had arrived on planet Hope and that meant he really had to go.

 

Every 50 days there was a grand auction organized by the Main City for the earthlings. Some of the items sold there were the city's property and others were provided by the system. But all of them were extremely important and if he didn’t go he was afraid one of his future enemies would be able to get an item that would later cause his downfall.

 

He wasn't exactly sure how the system provided these items but that wasn't something he would worry about. The time of the auction differed from city to city so he would have to make sure he went in the morning. This way he would be in time no matter what.

 

The next morning just after he woke up a notification popped up.

 

| Congratulations user for having one of your underlings reach Tier 1 |

| Reward: 50 gold |

 

Seeing that Geralt must have broken through Jay felt a lot safer, there was a rather big gap between someone that hasn't broken through and someone that has. Additionally, since he had awakened his sword intent earlier he should be able to control it after his breakthrough.

 

And just as he was heading towards the astral gate another notification popped up.

 

| Region Lord announcement: The main city will hold a grand auction in 3 hours, all Lords will temporarily get an astral gate. This astral gate will appear to the north of your capital. |

 

Jay felt a little stumped seeing this, he thought he might be able to snatch a bunch of treasures cheaply since most Lords wouldn't have astral gates yet, but it seemed that he was wrong.

 

After thinking about the situation a bit more, Jay walked through the portal, soon coming out of the portal within the Main City.

 

He could see a handful of people had already come out of the portal and more were coming in every second.

 

Most of these people were looking around in awe, checking out the big buildings and beautiful architecture.

 

A few others quickly started walking towards the shopping street, intending to buy the items they wanted before the other Lords came.

 

For some of these Lords, the 10 gold fee to teleport was quite a lot while for others it was just a small amount.

 

Jay wasn't cocky, even if he had great confidence in his army and his generals, this didn't mean the other Lords didn't have a great amounts of gold.

 

There were all sorts of treasures, things such as ruins and dungeons could provide someone with a great number of funds and power. He even figured that at this point over a dozen Lords would have a Tier 1 expert. Perhaps some of the Lords here had even broken through.

 

He looked at the Lords around him for a bit before sighing, most of the Lords were wearing pretty clothes instead of their best armor, thus it was near impossible to estimate their strength.

 

Jay himself was wearing his armor with regular clothes underneath it, yet none of the Lords around him underestimated him. Once they noticed the scimitar on his waist many of the took in his face.

 

After seeing this, Jay started heading down the shopping street. The main auction hall was in the very center of the city. Where all districts met. In order to get there, he would have to walk for 90 minutes.

 

He could only pity the Lords who would teleport in the last few minutes, expecting to appear where the auction hall was.

 

After walking for over an hour he arrived at a gate, usually, this gate would be closed, but due to the auction, it was opened for the day. Once he got passed the gate the sort of people on the streets was very different. He could immediately see a few horse carriages with nobles in them, looking down at himself and the Lords that had followed him.

 

These nobles would only be allowed to bid for some of the items, as for why, that, he had no idea of.

 

Soon he arrived at the auction hall. It was a grand majestic building built out of a sort of crystal. The entire building seemed to be shining silver, making anyone that stood before it feel tiny.

5