CH: 1 Births, Death and Rebirths
470 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fifteen Billion years ago in the infinite void of a dying reality Chaos and Order battle with one another to be the guiding hand of the new reality forming around them.

Primordial Gods bear witness to this struggle as beings of madness and the unformed and unknowable thoughts of Chaos battle with the rigid forms of the soldiers of Order. Uncountable ages of time pass as the forces of Order and Chaos wax and wane until in a finale release of power the two-merge leaving a handful of shards of themselves behind as reality is reborn shaped by the blending of both Order and Chaos.

As the new Universe forms in a massive explosion atoms of swirling matter form slowly growing more complex. More time passes as matter slowly clumps together, clouds of gas expanding and stars forming and dying over and over again until finally stabilizing. Stars begin forming galaxies as planets begin forming around them. Finally, the Gods awaken from their long slumber sending shards of themselves to these newborn worlds, nurturing and shaping the new life of this reality.

As the Primordial shards nurture and shape the life forming on these young worlds. These shards giving birth to a Pantheon of Gods before returning to the Primordials that spawned them, only Gaia leaving her shards in place watching over each of these worlds as they progress.

Billions of years pass this cycle endlessly repeating as these  Primordials watch and wait. In a chamber far removed from mortal reality a woman reclines on a couch in a large open room lit by a red giant sun floating in a brazier with a small rocky planet and two gas giants slowly spiraling into the star.

A male figure with stag horns growing from his helmet walks in and greets the woman Gaia my sister you seem saddened by that world's passing. Cernunnos she replies yes, the serpentine Aranon of Garun have been unique in all the worlds we have nurtured, and I will miss them. I see well then sister you will appreciate my gift.

I saved two of them for you giving them enough divinity to keep them forever healthy and young for you. Bowing and waving a hand in showmanship Cernunnos summons two of the Aranon to the chamber and introduces them as the sisters Verona and Jacenia "they are yours's sister as a memento of you time there. Now farewell new worlds await and new discoveries as well."

Ages continue to pass until a new world around a yellow sun forms and life slowly arises. The Primordials stir once more but this time is different something about this new world feels unique.

Sensing this world will play some kind of pivotal role. Gaia, Cernunnos and several of her fellow have a discussion about this word and agree to each send an avatar to this world. Each of these Avatars establish a Patheon to guide and shape this world. Gaia in addition sends her companions Verona and Jacenia to lead a newly created version of the Aranon to protect this world.

For Gaia she gives birth to the Olympian Titans for Cernunnos the Norse gods forever trapped in a cycle of birth, death and rebirth called Ragnarök Other Primordials gave birth to the ever-changing Gods of the Sands and finally the last of the offspring were the gods of the east.

Unknown to the Primordials and their creations another group of Gods would come into being. Shards of Chaos spread across this new world each taking the form of a violent and destructive deity. These dark Gods gather worshippers and grow in power turning their followers into an army to conquer this world and sow the seeds of Chaos.

Twenty-five thousand years ago the Chaos shards lash out starting the first true war of the Gods affecting the whole of this young world. Bringing about cataclysmic events and the death of many Gods and the destruction of numerous civilizations. New Gods are born in the aftermath of this war formed this time from the worship of mortals and their beliefs. The remaining Chaos shards conceal themselves finding homes in these new Pantheons of gods and waiting.

Amongst the casualties of this war are the recreated Aranon race gifted to this world by Gaia as guardians, their cities raised, flooded or invaded by the children of Chaos with only pockets of survivors remaining. One such pocket hides in what will one day be called California and they wait and plan for the future. Using the knowledge and power they have been gifted and mastered they alter the lands around them seeking a way to bring about the restoration of their race so they can resume their duties.

 

  This chapter is only some background to the origin of the spa and just some fun mostly unimportant worldbuilding I may use later and giving me the basis for future stories I may want to tell. Sorry if this was a bit jarring.

 

7