0021 – Teleportation
681 8 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The Tutorial Arc has just ended. However, while writing, an idea struck me on what would the next arc would be, and I love it.

Time crawled like years, this was Athena's true feeling. She even fiercely bit down on a wooden block, eventually snapping it in two with her teeth.

Only after an hour did this sensation gradually subside. Barely able to move, she lay motionless on the bed.

In the future, she must be better prepared and not do this again. Who knows, she might die in the hands of monsters at any time, or even first perish at the hands of the system.

Opening her email inbox, two gift boxes were quietly placed inside. When she opened the gift boxes, a simulated fireworks display appeared on the system panel, making it quite grand.

"Seriously?"

Congratulations on clearing the tutorial in advance!
Obtained blueprint for Level 3 shelter, Level 1 smelter, 100 stones, 100 wood blocks, 100 weeds, and 20 ores.

Athena looked at the room filled to the brim once again and felt a wave of relief.

No wonder after upgrading to Level 2 shelter, there was no condition to upgrade to Level 3 shelter. It turned out that after upgrading to Level 2, blueprints were needed.

Now that she had a smelter, she could build weapons herself. Should she do it herself or let the system help?

She opened another package.

!!!
Trigger special condition, World Stone 2
Would you like to consume World Stone 1 and enter the lair of the Snowstorm Beast?
Please begin exploring the world!
If you really want to explore the world, then use the World Stone to go to various places in the world.
It has been detected that you possess two World Stones, one can be used to open a world gate, and the other can be used for disguise.
System's disguise will blend you in. No need to worry about being discovered, please explore with confidence.
Yes / No ?
Tip: Equipping the proactive warrior will greatly enhance your mental resistance, bringing unexpected gains.

Although Athena's battle had ended here, the battles of others had only just finished the second wave.

If she chose to use the World Stone now, where would she be transported? To the dwellings of other players or somewhere else? Exploring the world, is this world composed of players and monsters, or are there other places?

When Athena went out to explore before, she encountered barriers, but as their levels increased, this barrier would gradually expand to face them.

Since it's a special reward from the system, there should be some assurance, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Faced with this choice, Athena knew she couldn't give up.

"Yes"

Teleportation will be activated for you in one hour.

One hour, this was just when the third round of monster attacks would begin.

Athena relaxed on the bed, wolfing down a piece of compressed biscuit. She drank a whole bottle of water, intending to sleep peacefully for an hour.

After all, what she might face next might not be much simpler than killing a boss monster.

What kind of world is this, why did the system choose them? She wanted to find out.


Outside the door, the huge nest was once again active, and a small vortex resembling a teleportation array appeared in Athena's wooden house. It spun quietly in her room, allowing only one person to pass through.

Inside the main nest, countless Snowstorm Beasts were celebrating, gearing up to attack, their numbers far exceeding those used to attack players.


A violent shaking was felt, and the black vortex emitted a terrifying suction force.

Athena stood ready in front of the vortex, wearing a new pair of grass shoes on her feet. She carried a bow and arrows on her shoulders and held an axe in her hand.

System disguise activated, please enter the passage!

A thin layer of light enveloped her body, morphing with her movements like a soft and transparent veil. She frowned slightly, even this disguise...

In the end, she chose to trust the system and stepped into it casually. A sensation of weightlessness hit her, and Athena leaned against the wall of the city, feeling nauseous.

"...?"

The aftereffects of this teleportation were just too much, making her feel as if she had been tossed into a spinning washing machine. When she thought something magical would happen, the system only changed her outfit.

A grayish-brown outfit with embroidered golden threads, with a sun emblem on the left chest, paired with silver boots. Even her messy hair became neat and tied into a high ponytail. She looked heroic and decisive.

As she was retching, a middle-aged man appeared behind her, reaching out to pat her shoulder.

"Hey, don't throw up..."

Little did he know, before he could touch Athena, she abruptly turned her head. Her eyes, unlike their usual color, now glared coldly at him as if she could kill him in the next moment.

Identity Soldier

But he quickly realized it was just his imagination, as Athena had already turned to face him.

"Thank you, I just feel a bit unwell."

Athena smiled gently, her brows curved. Because the sensation from the teleportation just now was too intense, her face still looked a bit pale, giving her a forced cheerful appearance.

The man was a middle-aged man with a simple and honest face, sporting a small mustache. Seeing Athena's somewhat pale face, he softened his tone.

"The first time people come from other cities to the battlefield, they're all like you, but it gets worse later."

He looked at the ruins nearby, where broken limbs lay scattered, people wailing in agony, and blood staining the ground with a deep red hue, interspersed with craters. And he was missing an arm, simply bandaged with a torn piece of cloth from his clothes.

It's worth mentioning that he also had golden eyes, or rather, everyone here had golden eyes.

There was no pain in his eyes, only numbness towards war. He could even laugh heartily at Athena.

"Girl, you better adapt quickly, those monsters might come back at any moment."

He shook his head and walked away.

Welcome to Sun City!
Sun City
Alignment Neutral (Leaning towards Good)
Evaluation ???
Location ???
Introduction In an unknown place, humans fight against monsters without a system, without any hints. They only have their own lives to battle against the monsters that may appear at any time, guarding the last pristine land in this world. 
Synchronizing...
Countdown for the third wave of monsters in Sun City
00:00:42
A place reeking of decay
Danger level ???
Please evacuate! Please evacuate!

The smoke from the bombardment had not yet dispersed, lingering in the air. Soldiers came and went, but none stopped to greet Athena.

While others around her were still rejoicing, Athena had already dashed towards the defense tower behind.

As she passed the middle-aged man, she shouted at him. The purple text prompts caught her attention, but this was a battlefield.

"Prepare for battle!"

She rushed to a higher position as fast as she could, like other archers, pulling her bow tight, ready for action. The system simulated her equipment, but didn't provide her with a weapon. She couldn't afford to ruin her last axe.

Please click the heart icon to support my writing endeavors,

59