0041 – Athena Found The Limit Breaker
585 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sun City Arc has concluded.

Put five iron bars into the backpack. Now, adding the 100 silver coins obtained from asking [ Ask-The-Heavens ], she has a total of 109 silver coins and 20 copper coins.

There's not such an urgent need for silver coins now, so she decides to keep the iron bars for now, as a backup.

Back in the house, she checks her gains.

Opening the green package, which she didn't have high hopes for, unexpectedly bursts into a beam of light.

Congratulations on obtaining the Binding Tower!

Athena is somewhat incredulous. As someone with an unlucky attribute, she didn't expect a flash when opening the green package! It's a special effect exclusive to opening green flashing packages!

[ Binding Tower ]
 Range: Courtyard of Shelter
Effect: Binding monsters passing through the courtyard. Normal monsters of levels 1-3 are bound for 2 seconds, elite monsters of levels 4-6 are bound for 1 second.
Each binding: 10 units of levels 1-3, 2 units of levels 4-6.
Cooldown time for each use: 5 seconds.

After reading its effects, Athena knows this is definitely a good thing, it'll be very useful in battles.

Suppressing her excitement, she goes to open the system mailbox.

There are two rewards in the mailbox, one is the reward for successfully defending this time, and the other is the reward for completing the system's emergency mission.

Successfully defending the tower rewarded three white packages and one green package.

In total, she received one Vegetable Gift Box, two Compressed Biscuits, and one Fire Defense Tower (Basic).

She had seen Fire Defense Towers being sold by others before, but unfortunately, she couldn't agree on the price in the end. Unexpectedly, she still ended up with one after all the twists and turns.

Lastly, there's the reward package for completing the emergency mission.

There are only two packages in total, but both are silver.

This is the first time Athena has seen silver packages. Despite being here for so long, the highest she had seen before were the green flashing packages.

She tries to open the first one.

You have opened the silver package and obtained the following rewards.
[ Plant Spirit ]
 Level: None
Strength: 1
Defense: 1
Skills: Catalyzes plant growth, Plant Healer
Catalyzes plant growth: Waiting for plants to grow is always long.
When plants have the company of Plant Spirits, their growth cycle will be greatly shortened.
Plant Healer: Even plants on the verge of withering, under the treatment of Plant Spirits, will successfully regain vitality.

Athena successfully obtained what farming players dream of.

Although the various attributes of the Plant Spirit are weak, its skills are terrifyingly strong. With it, Athena no longer needs to worry about food.

Now she just needs some seeds to let these five little spirits play their roles.

Looking at these small figures with green wings, Athena can't help but marvel at the wonders of nature. They're truly beautiful creatures.

Unfortunately, it seems they don't have intelligence. After they appeared, they circled the room and then sat on Athena's Vegetable Gift Box without moving. Unable to communicate, they just instinctively bond with plants.

She opens another silver package.

You have opened the silver package and obtained the following item.
[ Heart's Desire ]
Category: Mirror
Attribute: Search
Description: Hold it in your hand, think of what you want in your mind, and it will guide you. It can only be used once a day. The amount of detailed information obtained depends on the difficulty of the desired item.

"...?!"     

Another bombshell. There are just too many surprises today, leaving Athena feeling a bit dizzy. But when she thinks that all of this is what she earned with her life, she calms down again.

At the same time, she also notices the red dot prompt on the illustrated handbook.

Did she get new cards because she killed the Fire Leopard just now? There were no red dots when she killed monsters earlier.

She opens the illustrated handbook, but it automatically jumps to the golden card page, which now appears dim.

This is the only golden card page she owns, the Snowstorm Beast. Originally, besides the basic information of the Snowstorm Beast, there was also a tracking button below.

But now the tracking button is grayed out and unusable. Athena tries to click on it, but a popup appears on the system interface.

The trackable scene, Sun City, has been destroyed and cannot be tracked!

Athena has a moment of daze. Yes, if the scene is gone, how can she track it?

Special Card Obtained: Kingdom of Sol
[ Kingdom of Sol ]
Status: Extinct(?)
Capital: Sun City
 Introduction: A once prosperous and powerful kingdom. Two years ago, it suffered mass-scale destruction by unknown reasons, with the Guardian City, Flame City, being the first to fall. Subsequently, all nine cities on the border were destroyed, turning the once white Sun City into a war zone. With the concerted efforts of the king and the people, Sun City was concealed by an unknown force. The king died, and the surviving population of the entire country was less than 1000. One year later, Sun City reappeared in the war zone, and all members were killed in multiple attacks, with the only survivor being Alfred. Alfred attempted to revive his companions and, after persevering for another year, was discovered by the city-destroying monster, Galore. Extinction. Below the card is a picture,

The image of the moment Athena witnessed the extinction.

Actually, the food that day was quite delicious, and she planned to bring some back for others when she saw them, but unfortunately, the system doesn't allow food to be carried back.

As she silently plans to close the card album, a system prompt appears.

Detected simulatable cards!
For 100 silver coins, you can simulate a card scene once, for two hours each time, and specify specific characters for training.
Successfully defeating the character will break the attribute limit!

Never did she expect such a change. Originally, Athena was puzzled about how to break her attribute point limit, but now she has a direction.

A hundred silver coins for one time, which is too expensive for her now!

Does the system really not know that she only has 100 silver coins, so it's intentionally blocking her? It looks like she'll have to work hard to make money again.

She opens her own attribute panel, originally just intending to take a look.

To her surprise, the purple font prompts her.

Attribute points can be increased upon breaking the limit.

If she remembers correctly, she just increased her attribute points not long ago. At that time, because she reached her limit, she didn't continue to increase.

How long has it been already? It's impossible for her physical fitness to enhance in such a short time. Then why can her attribute points be increased again?

The Bright Fruit has certain body modification functions.

Athena first tries to increase by 0.1 attribute points. After confirming that her attribute points can be increased again, she starts the enhancement.

Name: Athena Ravencroft
Experience: 490
Title:  [ Hunter ] (Locked)
Race: Human
Gender: Female
 Strength: 5
Speed: 5 (↑0.4)
Agility: 5 (↑0.1)
Mental: 4.8 (↑1.2)
Skills: Attachment

Gonna post next chapter later. Maybe within one to two hours as of the time of this writing.
Share your thoughts below and click the heart icon if you enjoy the chapter!

50