Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 041 – Afternoon Hunt (2)
202 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eric and others were excited to hear this and Eric says looking at Haze: “That’s great, son.” After the excitement cooled down, he says: “But how are we able to communicate?”

Theodore thought for a while and says: “I’ll let Spacey make an amber necklace for both of them. So they won’t have to enter the Backpack continuously when entering Space and back again. Through the necklace they, well Haze, can communicate to Spacey and then back to you?”

Eric excited again, but suddenly he found it strange, and asks: “Spacey can talk to Haze?” Theodore thought ‘oh snap, busted’, and quickly came up with something by saying: “Yeah, through the Spring Water it can understand Haze mentally, since he is evolved, and communicate that way." Eric nodded, and so did the others.

 

Theodore quickly switches the conversation to two other points he wants to ask: “Dad, those weapons and robe that Lex and Chris had. Are they special?” Eric shakes his head and says: “No son, they aren’t. The weapons they were holding are just low-ranked magical weapons, which can be imbued with QI enlarging their power output for an attack. That robe is also a low-ranked Magical Armor for defense purposes but only protect their bodies, but unfortunately for them, not all the way.”

Theodore asks: “Are there any books on how they craft these armors and weapons. Spacey is interested in the etching done in the wood and the way the thread is sewed in the robe.” Eric shakes his head and says: “Those books aren’t available in shops but your Grandma should have some books hidden somewhere. I know the Barry family deals with this kind of stuff.”

“Luckily our armor and weapons all are medium-ranked stuff and didn’t have to give it back to the family, speaking of which we need to get our stuff out. We can finally use them,” as he looks at Bruce and the others. Jade cheered and the other nodded, and are about to walk to their room.

May looks at Theodore and says: “The food is already in our Backpack so we can have a well-spread breakfast in Space.”

 

Theodore suddenly thought of the stuff they took from the forest: “Aunty, do you remember where you got some of the minerals and rock from?” May shakes her head and says: “I don’t know Theodore is it important.”

Theodore nodded and says: “One of the minerals you brought back is saltpeter, that’s what it’s called on Earth and it’s one of the main ingredients of creating black powder. You’ve seen the ‘guns’ and ‘riffles’ used on Earth in those goes bullets with black powder to propel them out of the barrel. Perhaps we can recreate them here or bombs?” [1]

Bruce laughs and says: “Those things will not even penetrate our skins, why do we need them?” Theodore shakes his head and says: “It’s not for those who cultivate, but those who can’t for maybe later. And we can research how powerful they need to be, to hurt someone in the Body Refining Stage and QI Refining Stage if it even helps.”

Eric frowns and asks: “So you want to create something that hurts us?” Theodore shakes his head again and says: “No, dad. It’s to aid us. We can’t be at all over the places, so if we trust certain common families, we will be able to hand them out. Think of Bruce and Jade’s families, which most of them are ordinary people.”

Jade nodded, and says: “Theodore has a point, Eric.” Then turns to Theodore and asks: “What else is needed?” Theodore says while thinking: “Sulfur, some mineral that are created near volcanos, they are yellow in color. And, nitrate, but we already have abundant of that it’s in the fertilizer, though we can take our time trying to make it.”

Theodore continues and says: “The other thing was a strange rock you’ve found. It has conductivity for QI properties according to Spacey. If we can backtrack where you got it there might be an ore vein nearby?”

Eric jumps up in excitement and asks: “Do you have it with you, son? If so take it out quickly!” Theodore withdraws the ore out of his backpack and gave it to Eric.

Eric looks carefully at the ore and says excitedly: “This is natural high-grade annealed copper it’s has become a material close to mithril ore that the dwarves use for the conductivity of high-grade weapons and armor. With this, we are able to make medium-rank weapons.” [2] Bruce also was interested after looking it over once he says: “Yes, this metal has been in the process of constant heat and cooling down, perhaps the ore vein was close to a volcano? We usually have to process the copper first to get this kind of result.”

Jade suddenly says: “Yes, I remember now. In a certain area, the heat felt quite comfortable when we passed through it. I got those 3 pieces from there.” Theodore was disappointed at first due to it being sort of compressed copper but was glad that they remember the location of all 3 and says: “Wonderful because the other mineral is salt. And, if we can get that we have our own supply of salt.” [3] Jade exclaims and says: “Really! That’s great!”

 

Eric looks around and says: “We should get ready to enter Space. Theo, get the girls out of their room and meet us in the living room.” Theodore nodded and says: “Dad take a stack of paper, in total 20, along with you. It’s for Rainy to draw the faces of the prior assailants, so the other elvish youngster can identify which took part in abducting them.” Eric nodded, he and the others walk towards their room, readying themselves.

 

Theodore walks toward the girl’s room, knocked on the door, and says: “Girls we are meeting in the living room are you coming?” Jenna yells back: “We are coming, Theo!” Theodore says: “See you there,” and walks away towards the living room with Haze, who snuggled comfortably, on his head.

 

Rainy is the first who walks, ran to be precise, in the living room, and stands next to Theodore, she says: “Theodore what did you mean by regaining my innate Elven abilities?” Theodore turns his head and looks at her, he says: “I can’t explain it to you in details. But it has to do with the animal blood essence. If we can find a way to incorporate these essences within our bodies without mutating our original forms, we can gain some of their innate abilities.”

Rainy is stunned to hear this and shakes her head: “No, that can’t be. Wouldn’t we mutate in some sort of monster? If, that’s it, I rather not have my body be mixed with the blood essence.”

Theodore shakes his head and says: “You are forgetting something! Our Spatial Spring Water is very special. It only extracts the properties that will be very beneficial to us. Be it our blood or that of animals.” He quiets down for a moment and slowly continues: “But this change comes with excruciating pain to the bones of our body. I drank a cup before I exit Space and it took an hour before my body adjusted. It’s really a terrifying process you have to go through.”

“Just take some time to think about it and please wait on drinking the Spring Water, because as soon as you do it will start changing your inner body. I am helpless about it and don’t know how it will affect my pets. Speaking of the pets, I can now mentally talk to Haze, but I don’t understand why I can’t speak to Tiny though.” As Theodore is looking at Tiny in Rainy’s arms.

Rainy’s eyes widen, and says: “Really? … If so, then I want it too!” Theodore glanced at the back and says: “Let’s discuss it inside, the others are coming.”

 

Jenna and Maggie come up to Theodore, Jenna asks: “Theo, are we going to watch a new movie during lunch?” Theodore says: “Nah, you can watch a re-run of Harry Porter with mom and aunty. They haven’t seen it and they will surely complain if they are going to watch a sequel. That’s okay, right?”

Maggie nodded and says: “It’s okay, Theo, we can watch it again. Perhaps we missed something in the movie” Jenna nods while looking at Maggie, giggles and says: “Yes, Theo. And we can spoil our moms what’s going on.”

Theodore runs his fingers through Jenna’s hair, and says: “Oh… you, don’t be so naughty towards mom, okay. Mom might let you be a little twerp longer.” He and the other laughs, Jenna pouts.

 

Eric and the other steps in the living room, while Bruce and May were carrying armor and weapons under their arms, Eric and Jade are fully dressed prepared for war. Bruce laughs and says: “Eric, are you going to wear your armor for nine hours long until we are going into action?” Eric was puzzled and asks: “Isn’t it one and a half hours for now, don’t we need to prepare before we set off?”

Theodore shakes his head and says: “It might be one and a half hours here. But inside OFT-Space we have about nine hours until we set off. Uncle Bruce is right, dad!” Hearing this Jade's shoulders drop down, while Eric face palms himself then stares at Jade like saying ‘you’re to blame with your overexcited temperament’. Jade lowers her head.

Theodore sees the reaction of Eric and says: “It doesn’t matter, dad. Spacey can check your equipment and calculate the friction between movements while wearing it. Spacey made a personal status screen for all of us, so we can record our own progress in training though it’s mostly based on attributes of healthy ordinary people. I’ll show it inside.” Jade is excited about hearing this and says: “Really?” Theodore nods and says: “Yes mom, it’s true. You’ll see once we are in.”

He shakes his head and says: “Haze, Tiny, this is the last time you have to get in the Backpack. Spacey made a trinket for you to wear, which allows you to move into Space just by touching me. Come please or would you like to remain outside by yourselves?”

Haze reluctantly nodded, and Theodore pets his head, Haze immediately been put in the Backpack. Tiny hopped over and Theodore did the same to it. Once that was done everyone touches Theodore and they disappeared from the living room.

 

Arriving in OFT Space, Theodore says in his mind: “Spacey change my race to just human and lifespan to 30 years or so. Also, hide the Blood Essence stuff with the innate abilities.” Spacey answers: “Affirmative

 

Theodore looks at the others and says: “On Earth, people made charts of ideal height, ideal weight, exerting strength and all that kind of stuff, per age group and ethnic groups. Spacey did the same from what he observed over here.”

"Look at the monitor."

Average 10-year old human male: [4]
Gender Age Height Weight Strength average 15% of weight Strength force output head 33% Strength force output punch 15% Strength force output kick 25% Strength Grip
Male 10 1.384 m 32 kg 36.8 kg 48.94 kg 42.32 kg 46kg 26.8kg
Strength Upper (Head) 0.4570          
Strength Middle (Arms)  0.4570          
Strength Lower (Legs) 0.4570          
Strength Grip 0.4570          
Agility 0.4570          
Dexterity 0.4570          

Theodore says: “As you can see in this chart an average 10-years male would have this type of strength output. All the attributes which requires strength are graded as 0.457 standard for a healthy average 10-years old, whereas a healthy average 20-years old adult would have there’s graded as 1.0.”

“A fully well-trained person would have an increase of about 25% of these force output. And a professional should be 2x over a trained person. A complete Body Refiner should be 3x of a trained person according to Spacey’s calculation, though Spacey hasn’t seen too many Cultivators in action it can only guesstimate until the data is complete. So we all need to cooperate to get the data complete.”

“Now I will do some swift exercises as instructed by Spacey.”

Theodore did some headbutts, punches, kicks, and grip exercise against blank space, while everyone looks strange to the scene, he says: “Spacey created some gravitational space force so it could measure what I just did. This is just an example as you are able to see my statistics.”

Theodore Stone current personal results (Trained*):
Gender Age Height Weight Strength average 25 % of weight Strength force output head 33% Strength force output punch 15% Strength force output kick 25% Strength Grip
Male 10 1.388 m (1.384m*) 32.0 kg (40kg*) 40.00kg (50.00kg*) 53.20kg (66.50kg*) 46.00kg (57.50kg*) 50.00kg (62.50kg*) 26.80kg (33.5kg*)
Strength Upper (Head) 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
Strength Middle (Arms) 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
Strength Lower (Legs) 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
Strength Grip 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
Agility 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
Dexterity 0.4570 (0.5713*)          
* Trained ideal statistics for age

When Theodore sees these results he cringes a little and says: “Well this is my current results, average. It seems the Holy potion is still affecting my body.” While everyone who was listen put a face of sorrow and pity for Theo.

Theodore continues: “But basically this is what I want to show you. Intelligence, vitality, and endurance are not ideally measured yet, so don’t mind the results:

Personal Status

Name: Theodore Stone
Race: Human
Age: 10 / 33
Fatigue: 2%


Cultivation stage: Body Refining Rank 1 / 2 (39%)


Host affinity-to:

Sentiment minor particle QI, Space advanced particle QI, Time advanced particle QI, Creation advanced particle QI, Destruction advanced particle QI, Soul advanced particle QI, Nature advanced particle QI, Death advanced particle QI


Host comprehension:

  • Space QI – 0.1 %
  • Time QI – 0.1 %
  • Creation QI – 0.1 %
  • Destruction QI – 0.2 %
  • Soul QI – 0.5 %
  • Nature QI – 1 %
  • Death QI – 0 %

General Notes:

  • Host body inflicted with Holy Potion of Redemption, lifespan reduced to half.
    Unable to move primary energies in the internal QI system. However, Nature QI is able to move a small portion of your total energy to be moved around within your body, enough for you to able to cultivate the Body Refining Stage. Lifespan is slowly recovering due to Nature QI nurturing the body but will not completely recover without a cure!

Attributes:

  • Strength High: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Strength Middle: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Strength Low: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Strength Grip: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Agility: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Dexterity: 0.4570 (0.5713)
  • Endurance: 0.3756 (0.4570)
  • Vitality: 0.2443 (0.4570)
  • Intellect: 1.2161 (0.4570)

Skills – Sports (SK-Spr); -

    • Basic Kick-Ball; Adequate
    • Basic Swimming; Adequate

Skills – Combat (SK-Com); -

    • Advance Fist & Kick Technique (a combination of Wing Chun and Thai Boxing); Initation (progress 0%)
    • Basic Swordsmanship; Wilde’s 2 Single Sword technique; Low (progress 0%)
    • Basic Movement; Wilde’s Dragon Steps; Low (progress 0%)

General Notes:

Attributes, not measured by strength:

  • Endurance is below average due to Holy Potion
  • Vitality is below average, due to Holy Potion
  • Intellect is above average, due inheritance of Spatial Server and memories of Rick.

Skills haven’t been trained, unable to display progress. Skills divided in expertise: Initiation, Low, Adequate, Advanced, Expert, Professional, Master, Grandmaster.

Theodore points at his list and says: “This is just a crop up version. You individually can have a detailed Personal Status Screen to display for yourselves either through the glasses or on the monitors. It’s all personal so unless you allow others to see yours, you can’t request someone else Personal Status screens to be shown, including me!”

Jade and the others  gasp seeing the screen.

Taking a few breaths Theodore says: “The purpose of this Status Screen is to show you your own strength and progress in training. There is also an Occupation Skill screen within. Please do keep in mind that this is just a tool, not something to fret about if the results show no progress. Just ask Spacey if it can help you, where you are stuck with something. Also view this template personal status that is accessible for anyone, if you have doubts in any attributes or skills."

"But never show your personal information to others outside our families, when later we allow more people in OFT-Space, don't let them take advantage of you. I am going to change to meet up with Haldir and Gildor for a moment, to give them the information.”

Eric looks at Theodore and asks: “Should I go with you?” Theodore shakes his head and says: “No dad, I can manage it. It’s just teleporting there, give the message and I am back in OFT-Space again. Just help mom to spread the lunch out, I am quite hungry.” Jade nudges Eric to remain quiet as she knew something bothers Theodore’s mind.

 

Theodore turns around and walks towards the Shed, meanwhile releasing Haze and Tiny from the backpack. He says: “Tiny go play, we can remain 15 hours long in Space. Soon your food will be ready.” Tiny hopped in the direction of Rainy. Haze looks around and sees that the food is being spread out.

Theodore looks at Haze and asks: “Haze, why can’t I communicate with or hear Tiny.” Haze shakes its head: “Why do you want to talk, raa, [5] to that inferior animal?

Theodore comes to a sudden realization: “Oh, so that’s how it is. You are an evolved magical animal and Tiny isn’t?” Haze nodded and says: “Yes, Tiny is just a mutant, raa. So was that raptor your people killed.

Theodore nodded and says: “So I can communicate with evolved animals. That’s great!” Haze shakes his head, lifted its head to the sky, and says: “You still have to be careful, raa. Not every evolved is as charming as I am, raa. Before you even can speak to them, raa, your head is bitten off. Just keep in mind, raa, why we don’t listen to the elves!” And it spreads its wings and flew in the sky.

 

Theodore thought for a while and began to sweat, and says in his mind: “Rats…, almost made a blunder again.” Spacey says: “Yes, you could have. But I’ll warn you when things go sour even teleport you back in Space or them out of Space. So don’t worry.

“Go and change I don’t know how long Haldir and Gildor will wait at their current position. It’s currently safe there.” Theodore nodded and went inside the shed to put on his outfit.

 

 

tries to explain:

Spoiler

There are plenty of Diagrams on the internet if you know what to look for, the above is just an example. The strength output force is just a calculation of mine. Ideal weight + 15% (something that should be reasonable). So it’s used in this novel. Grip however comes from the diagram.

Agility and Dexterity are hard to measure as it’s calculated with the whole body movement.

  • [5] Change the sound that raven /crow makes from chirps to raa (thought about caw, but raa is more manly). Quite embarrassing :(
    [collapse]

7