Ch–4 First Hunt
197 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started my hunting by placing the bait in the middle of my junction. I bought it with the use of food because it is more efficient. When I put it down, I noticed some interesting facts about it. Using my skill to see mana, I saw that the whole bait is filled with ether. The lure itself was like cat food. The composition does not contain meat because you could choose from among: without, with and the meat itself. For now I don't want to attract any predators coming from here this choice.

From this it must be concluded that animals of all kinds are attracted to food with a high content of ether. This or that bait must smell wonderful. Although looking at it, I can't imagine it. There's no chance.

But if my theory is correct, it means that the more ether I collect in my territory, the more noticeable I will become. And when I am more noticeable, the stronger beings will get wandering around here. Looks like, just in case, until I increase my defenses, the best course of action will be to let go of the thoughtless expansion. But that won't increase my mana generation. Oh, my dilemmas.

The consolation is that my strategy to get more Dp is the most correct one available. At least that's what I want to believe. Although can it be called a strategy when it's an obvious course of action? Who cares. It's my decision.

Now all I have to do is wait for some animal to come, which will probably take some time...

... ... ...

Something's come into my territory. So I'm going to go see it.Flying out of my crystal core, I move from my room, through the ground, my first floor and finally I'm out.  They really call it a vision, but it's more of an astral form limited to my territory. Or maybe something like a camera I can move? Well, anyway, my gain.

When I finally got to the surface, I saw the rabbit again. It's really swarming with them, isn't it? So far, the only herbivores I've seen are these rabbits. I guess that's my warped luck. But since he came, I'll hunt him down anyway.

He hops and hops. He just hops up and down until he's bumped under my entrance. I've increased it since last time, and it's now a meter high and a meter wide. But I counted this height from the highest point because I added an arch to the entrance. I even got a new structure worth 10 Dp for it. The system called it <Arched Entrance>. From my perspective it should have been in the shop from the very beginning but who am I to judge it.

He stopped in front of the entrance apparently worried, doesn't know if it's dangerous or what it is at all. He approached the edge and smelled it. I checked him and he turned out to be level 4. I have no idea how he got it. Maybe you can get a level in different ways. I can do that by digging. Really, Tenebra could explain to me how this world is working a little bit, it wouldn't kill anybody.

Well, back to the rabbit. He decided not to go in right away but to check the area around him. Then he went back under the entrance, walked a meter and then left. It repeated several times until he reached my third trap.

I waited until it went deeper because I knew that when it heard a noise, it would immediately jump back. Waiting for the rabbit to make a decision to continue to the bait was tedious. At least until he saw it, because when he did it he jumped forward. At that point too, without hesitation, I set the trap off.

Hearing the sound of the stone rubbing against the stone, the rabbit froze in place. It did not last more than a second, but this error caused the blades to break through the layer of stone hiding them. He should have run away, right away. He looked up, then the rabbit jumped back. He kept looking at the three blades falling in front and in his jump he tried to place himself between their tracks.

But this was his last mistake because he did not notice the two blades nailing him from behind. In one smooth motion one blade divided him in half, flying out from the front of his body creating a splash of fresh blood.

 3Dp was acquired.

The whole action ended as soon as it started and in the end it looks pretty good for my first win. The blades themselves stopped moving only after less than two minutes. I have to admit that they worked better than I expected. I thought that if they collide with anything, at least their lower part will crumble, but nothing like that. Maybe registering them as traps by the system made them stronger?

Following this theory, I focused my Magic Visions on them with all my might, using all my concentration, but I didn't find anything. In that case I used Mana Control to enhance the effect using mana. It ate about 100 units of mana, but I managed to see the light glow of Ether surrounding the blades. So my guess was correct.

[Magic Vision LV3] has leveled up to [Magic Vision LV4].

[Magic Detection LV2] has leveled up to [Magic Detection LV3].

[Concentration LV 36] has leveled up to [Concentration LV 37].

[Lesser Mana Control LV1] has leveled up to [Lesser Mana Control LV2].

Ohh. My little investigation has been more beneficial than I thought. But since I was able to see it using my skill, others will probably be able to do the same. That's probably how dungeon explorers avoid traps. Well, I don't think ordinary animals or beasts can do that, so I don't have to worry about that for now.

 Going back to where the rabbit's last moments were. Oh, my, what a sight. The rabbit split perfectly in half, a lot of blood poured out of it for such a small animal, I'll add that along with its guts. So I absorbed his corpse, it gave me a biomass equal to the weight of 1 kilo to 1 unit in my warehouse.

Fortunately I could also absorb his blood so no predator should smell it. At least I hope so. Who knows what crazy abilities these beasts can have.

But that's not what you have to worry about now, it's my trap. It must be reset. So I was getting to it using my telekinetic tentacles. I picked up one blade and hooked on the trigger, then I repeated it on the next blade and again, until the sixth time, then I added a stone masking layer.

<Trap Reset> was unblocked and 200Dp was acquired.

 ...I have a small question. Shouldn't I get it from the beginning or something? As far as I can imagine, it will unlock new possibilities in the store from level five or ten. How are the other dungeons supposed to reset their traps? Build them again or what? Really, this whole situation is incredibly annoying. Either the race of dungeon itself is so screwed up or the whole system is not optimized! You can get neurosis fixed...

So to distract myself from this course of thought, something else needs to be done. So until a new prey comes along, I'll set some extra traps or expand my area a little. Slightly, not to draw unnecessary attention to yourself.

 ... ... ...

So I started with the ability to build a trap with the skill for this. Thus I chose the <Ceiling Spike Trap>, and the exact version I got with the scheme, not my own. So I continue to enter the store:

Build Trap:

><Ceiling Spike Trap(Default - 6 Spikes)>< - 75Mp and 30Stone.

When I chose my option for the trap, I intuitively knew how to change its dimensions. Now I just have to choose where to place it. Therefore I chose the tunnel leading to my door immediately after the junction and confirmed my choice. In less than five seconds the trap appeared, and I lost my mana and materials.

The cost of the trap in this case depended on the number of spikes to be placed in it, but it was predictable so nothing to worry about.

I looked inside to see how it was different from mine and noticed that there was no trigger mechanism. I think it is held using mana. I focused on starting it and like I thought it would be enough to fire it. It will also serve as a test of my ability to reset. I just activated it and the spikes slowly slipped into the ceiling and the camouflage renewed. The whole operation cost me 15 Mp.

But the most important difference between this trap and my project is that by focusing on noticing or detecting mana I was able to find the mana of this trap with much more ease than with the first one. Even considering my higher level in these abilities. I know this because I checked out my other traps where I still have to focus very much to see anything.

That's probably because sow traps use mana to operate, and my traps use mechanisms. But that's good news, the harder the traps are to detect, the more effective they are. For me, this is one of the basic forms of defense, the more effective it is, the better.

However, my thoughts were interrupted by a new intruder who entered my territory. In checking it out, I noticed that it was a medium-sized boar. As far as I can see, it's just a male. Generally, it is dark brown, but on its back it is blackened by several tones.

Interestingly, it generates 0.1 Dp/day. I think his level is on the line. Not that it will help me now.

He sniffs and sniffs apparently looking for something, and that something is probably the lure that is still in my tunnel. How far can you smell it from? It hasn't been here very long, and it has already attracted something big. If a 70 centimetre high boar can be called something big.

Eventually, it came near my entrance. If it enters my tunnels, it will serve as a good test of my pitfall. Let's see what level he has to be certain.

=====

Status

Name: *None* Race: Brown Boar LV. 7

Appraisal Block

=====

Level seven, not so bad. Of course I didn't get any other useful information, but it's not like I was expecting it. I wonder how much I'll have to appraise the entities to increase my level? I even tried to increase its power using mana control, but I couldn't. Probably because assessing is an internal skill and not an external one like telekinesis, which can be simply overflowed with mana.

The boar has finally entered the stone floor of my tunnel and is confidently moving forward. At least more confident than a rabbit, he's still looking around with concern. Step by step, he approaches the first trap that will kill him.

He stepped on its covering, but given its weight, it should not break until it is in the middle, which happened a while after that. That's what I like about the stone, it cracks at once without warning, not like the wood that starts to squeak first.

The boar when suddenly his leg started to fall into the hole started to nervously move his body but it was too late. He tried to jump back, but it only pushed the pieces of stone and it didn't help him. And so the only possible result of his unsuccessful attempts to survive was a fall on the spikes and a tear on them. And so it came to an end, a wild boar on a shashlik. Now all he needs is a barbecue. I wish I could eat...

 12Dp was acquired.

I got more Dp than for a rabbit, but that's to be expected. Now the question is what the amount of Dp depends on. Certainly it depends on the level, but surely not completely taking into account the difference in points. Probably skills and the race of the creature itself also influence it.

At least I hope so, because I would be a bit stupid if I went into it too much.

I absorbed the wild boar, but I didn't have enough space in the storeroom, so I expected I wouldn't be able to absorb it completely, but I was mistaken. Excess biomaterial turned into mana, and to be precise, one unit of matter or one kilogram of boar stands for 10 units of mana. And when I no longer had a place in the mana pool, the remains disappeared.

Therefore, in order not to waste even a bit of Mp, I created another traps, of my project, although they were a bit more expensive.Pitfall and pendulum blades also in the number of five as one trap, towards a dead end, so that it is not obvious that there is nothing there. 

Towards my door, I placed the pittfall again after the spikes, and then the spikes went out again. I hope that when somebody jumps back, I can get him on it.  And since I still have mana left, I added a trap consisting of three pendulum blades at my door, which I hope will nail intruders to the door.

Now for the time being I will continue my hunt until I get a satisfactory amount of Dp or something interesting happens.

... ... ...

In the end, I've hunted quite a lot of animals. Starting with the rabbits themselves, they gave 3 to even 5 Dp, and it's swarming with them. Sometimes even five came in at once, and I killed about fifty of them. There's a saying on earth, "they breed like rabbits," which was supposed to represent a large number of children. Now I understand that it fits completely, and it doesn't even do the saying all justice.

As for the boars, there were only seven of them, but they gave 10 to 20Dp. And so the amount of Dp from what I saw in this hunt depends mainly on the race, then up to the level.

There were also other animals like deer, roe deer, squirrels and other animals. But still the noticeable amount of Dp was only given by the first mentioned, but only between 10 and 18, and there were not many of them, so far I saw only a few of each kind. So nothing worthy of attention.

In general I collected 346Dp. Not as bad as for the first hunt. 

There were also other animals like deer, roe deer, squirrels and other animals. But still the noticeable amount of Dp was only given by the first mentioned, but only between 10 and 18, and there were not many of them, so far I saw only a few of each kind. So nothing worthy of attention.

In general I collected 346Dp. Not as bad as for the first hunt.

Because I had so many bodies of dead animals to burn for mana, I started slowly expanding the dungeon, I played a little with the traps, but the expansion went mainly behind the door and I added a few new traps, it was enough for me to raise my level again. Probably through the beginning of the second floor of my dungeon. In general this is how my statistics look like.

=====

Status

Name: Iriamet Suin Imisum LV 4

Race: Dungeon / Living Core

Alignment:

- Siidins, the middle god of handicraft. (Hidden LV Ex)

- Tenebra Piacoe Dobili middle goddess of darkness, fertility and lust. (Hidden LV Ex)

- Iraet Persubia, middle god of pride and wrath. (Hidden LV Ex)

Hp: 25/25 | Regeneration 0,1/a day

Mp: 220/220 | Generation 35/h

Dp: 459 | Generation *None*

Supplies:

Biomass: Collected 200/200 | Processed 300/300 | Food 30/30

Materials: Rock 400/400 | Soil 100/100

Metals: *None*

Crystals: *None*

Fluids: Water 0/40

Statistics:

MAG ATK: 40 | MAG RES: 20 | PHY RES: 20

INT: 125 | WIZ: 300 | LUC: 50

Skills:

Dungeon/Race Skills:

[Dungeon Shop], [Dungeon Appraisal/Removal], [Dungeon Absorption], [Dungeon Knowledge], [Dungeon Body], [Dungeon Vision], [Dungeon Architecture], [Dungeon Trapping], [Internal Dungeon Warehouse LV4], [Dungeon Territory LV3], [Dungeon Body Expansion LV8], [Ether Absorption LV1], [Conversion of Ether LV1], [Dungeon Telekinesis LV9], [Dungeon Telekinesi Drilling LV7], [Dungeon Shaping LV9], [Dungeon Concealing LV5]

Enhancment Skills:

[Lesser Mp Enhancment LV12]

General Skills:

[LV1 Appraisal] [Concentration LV 37]

Resistance Skills:

[Heresy Resistance LV 23]

Magic Skills:

[Magic Vision LV4], [Magic Detection LV3], [Lesser Mana Control LV2]

Attributes: [Craft], [Wrath], [Pride], [Lust]

Affinitiy: [Dark], [Earth], [Metal], [Fire], [Heresy]

Titles:

[One who has knowledge from another world (hidden LV Ex)], [One who has reincarnated from another world (hidden LV Ex)], [Blessing of the Gods (Siidins, Tenebra Piacoe Dobili, Iraet Persubia)(hidden LV Ex)] [Living Artefact]

Servants:

Pets: None

Creatures: None

Slaves: None

=====

And so I' m getting better at what I do. Now that I have some points, I'll buy a few new skills. So let's see what...?

It's gonna have to wait a little while. Few new intruders have entered my area and from what I feel they're different from my normal visitors. I'm gonna fly out of the dungeon to look at them. What I see is a group of creatures with a meter in height. They have a green lizard skin, and an equally lizard-like slightly elongated head. They have two small horns on their heads. They have spears with a stone or metal spearhead and they wear animal skin.

I've appraised one of them:

=====

Status

Name: Rue Race: Kobold LV13

Appraisal Block

=====

The unhappy thirteen, is it? Kobolds are slowly approaching my entrance. Looks like trouble, and it was so peaceful. Haa...

4