5.40.9.4 – A Little Update On My Progress
529 19 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiya everyone! <3

Our progress is currently at approximately 21665 words and 7.3 chapters. While that may not seem like much progress to you, keep in mind that my goal is to break a 100,000 word count. SuperLuminal: Second Flight was 106,100 words, one of SuperLuminal's longest arcs. Since I have much to prove in taking up Suchan's torch, I need to aim to do better than that.

My confidence is currently high. I still suffer some depression here and there, so that DOES impact my writing, but right now, I feel like finishing this arc should be totally doable. What I'm always uncertain about is how good it will feel to SuperLuminal's readers. So far, with what feedback I have, it's been quite positive in terms of it having the same spirit that it always had.

AlliterativeArts, SuperLuminal's editor, is back for another ride, although he may have less time this time around than the last time. He has a great voice for Quinn and Black Angel, so I'm confident that they won't feel flat.

Anyway, I'm not my dearly departed fiancee' however hard I try. I know that I'll have some issues/flaws with various things. But I will do my very best to continue this story and finish it the way I feel that she would have.

Below, I've included a smaller version of the new cover that I'm thinking about going with. While Felicia, my oldest cover artist, already did a cover for Elodie Elegy, I feel that I need to break away from her as she did with me. Being as I'm a tiny bit good with typography and covers, I use AI to generate my covers, or have at least since Radiant Lodestar Aurora's. Tonight's was put together using Dall E 3.0 (Bing) with Krita and my own questionable artistic skill to bring the elements together into a single piece.

Should I go ahead and use this as my cover when I publish Elodie Elegy? A poll is included to gauge your reactions.

(Seems the word Elegy on the cover was a little off. I corrected that and updated the picture. Btw, if you have a different and very specific objection to the cover I put together, don't be shy! I'd love to know why!)

Do you like the new AI-generated Elodie Elegy cover?
  • It's pretty! Votes: 32 88.9%
  • I think she doesn't look quite right... Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have a different and very specific objection... Votes: 3 8.3%
Total voters: 36
14