Chapter 28 – Tragedy after Luck
1.7k 12 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 - Tragedy after luck.

A few days passed while on the carriage, despite the ruins being close, it still takes a few days to even get there because of how dangerous the routes were.

There was only one safe route towards the ruins and it was a few days trip from the Oakville town, though I say safe, it still contains a few monsters such as goblins and ants but overall, there were none that were stronger than those two.

"Want to eat?" Iris asked while handing two pieces of bread that look similar to a baguette.

"Sure." I said before taking the two and placing one near the sleeping Alisha's nose to wake her up, which did its job as she sniffed the baguette before taking it directly off my hands and munching on it.

"What is this, so hard!" She said while I laughed loudly, I was totally not expecting that.

"That is a baguette." I said as I snapped a part of the baguette and ate it as she pouted at me.

"It's not my fault, you know." I said as I caressed her soft hair before wiping off the crumbles on the side of her lips.

"I know." She said while still pouting, she looks cute this way though.

"What a great show of sisterly love." Iris said as she laughed loudly.

Well, for people who don't know about my actual race, it does seem like that.

It is true I only see Alisha as a little sister and nothing beyond though but I do find her really cute if I had to say.

While I was thinking such thoughts, I looked at Alisha who was strangely very red while fidgety.

"Are you having a fever?" I asked before she shook her head and pouted again.

"What?" I was confused as she refused to look at me.

"You spoke your thoughts out loud." Iris suddenly interrupted which made me even more confused.

"I did?!" I shouted in surprise before Alisha and Iris nodded in unison.

"Forget what you heard, I did not say anything at all, okay?!!" I shouted while stretching my arms as if to block their view of me.

Soon, the two of them laughed quite loudly as the carriage slowly transversed through the dark forest.

It was not long after when we arrived at a large metallic structure in the form of a cube, the metallic structure was as tall as the forest trees here with a width of about fifteen houses altogether.

"This is really larger than I thought." I muttered as I stared at the large cube as Iris stored the carriage back into the storage crystal.

"Let's get going then?" Iris asked as she took out her gun and readied it.

Alisha and I nodded before taking out our individual weapons, which was both a scythe. Alisha seems to like scythes more than spears somehow.

After preparing our weapons, we soon approached the cube before the walls slowly revealed a large tunnel enough to fit five people at once.

"Let's go!" Iris said as we entered the cube with me on the front and Alisha watching the back.

Iris was positioned at the center because of her choice of weapon which is a gun.

As soon as we entered the cube, the entrance suddenly closed causing all three of us to panic.

"How are we going to get out?" I asked while still on caution.

"I don't know, there were almost no records of this ruin at all." Iris said.

"Scrap it, let's just keep going then." I said before the two nodded and we started moving at a pace that is between slow and normal.

The tunnel was made out of some kind of metal that was sturdy enough to take the full brunt of my scythe without a scratch, the tunnel is also well-illuminated by some kind of embedded lights similar to an LED in my previous world.

Soon, as we kept transversing, loud footsteps resounded around the tunnel, it was loud enough to cause vibrations on the ground.

Because we are in some kind of tunnel, the sound was amplified in all directions leaving us with no method to find the source.

Time slowly passed with anxiety covering the whole tunnel as we stood at the same place with our weapons ready looking around for the source of the sound when suddenly a large black golem with four different joints located in the knees and the elbows appeared out of nowhere running towards us.

Seeing the golem running towards us, Alisha and I immediately prepared our scythes before simultaneously moving from our spots as Iris shot two bullets of her gun.

As I ran up the walls, the two bullets that were shot immediately struck the golem's head before scratching the surface, revealing some kind of stone that I couldn't clearly identify.

After the two bullets had struck, Alisha arrived in front of the golem before slashing horizontally just below the joints.

I followed afterward by slashing at its back neck before spinning in the air with wind manipulation and slashing vertically, making an X.

Immediately after our slash connected, we retreated back to where Iris was standing before looking at where the golem was.

To our surprise, the golem was still standing there with its eyes glowing bright red contrary to its yellow glow a while ago.

After the golem's eyes shone red, it's body suddenly inflated many times before turning into a balloon, sensing some kind of threat, I immediately knocked Alisha and Iris back as the inflated golem exploded into plenty of pieces.

"Alisha, Iris, are you two okay?" I asked while confirming that the golem was now gone.

"I am fine." Iris said as she stood up before she suddenly stopped in place while looking at Alisha.

"Althea, are you there, I can't see!" Alisha suddenly said which caused my heart to skip a beat as her previously clear eyes reverted back to its original cloudy form.

77