Chapter 73 – Invasion
611 16 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Althea. Chapter 73 - Invasion

 

We soon arrived at an undecorated tree house that was giving off a delicious smell; the smell was one that we were familiar with... it was our long-awaited meat!

 

“Let’s head in!” Alisha said as we pushed open the door before a lonely room revealed itself, there was no one to be seen except for one girl wearing the clothes of a chief; the girl had purple hair, with her left ear being pointy and her right ear similar to a human... The girl had blue eyes similar to someone from the western countries in my previous world, with a perfect body that makes every girl jealous.

 

“A customer after so long?!” the girl shouted as she rushed towards us with a happy face as she asked... “What would you like to order?”... can we sit down first, I mean... usually we would be asked to sit on a table first. I thought as we sat down on our seats which were more like a couch to be honest before being given a clean menu filled with... guess what it is... MEAT!

 

“I would like to have these!” Alisha said as she pointed at three different dishes using her three fingers as the girl nodded before writing them down... the dishes she picked were fried chicken, Lechon (a dish from the Philippines, technically roasted pig), and shrimp which is technically meat?

 

“How about you?” I asked the adorable fairy who was on my shoulder... well, I’ll give it to her for leading us to this store.

 

I want the one that Mama picks!” the fairy said as the girl nodded and wrote down the same thing Alisha bought... well, I would also want to try out the one Alisha picked since those three were pretty much the highlight of the store.

 

“How about this, all four of us will take the same thing?” I suggested as the other three nodded before the girl wrote it down again before asking... “That would be two gold coins in total!”

 

Two gold coins... interesting, these dishes must be delicious to be worth that much, well if you don’t consider the fact that we ordered the same thing twelve times.

 

“Here!” the fairy said as she took three gold coins out of nowhere and gave it to the girl who nodded before going to the room... where did she get those gold coins?!

 

“Where did you get those?” I asked as she tilted her head before giving a shocking response... “I made them”... you what?!!!

“Wait, did you just say... you made them when even the alliance cannot even make them?!” Iris asked as the fairy tilted her head even more... “Is something wrong with that, Mama?” she asked while looking at me...

 

“Haa–there is clearly somethi... whatever! Let’s just leave that for now... we still don’t know anything about this girl after all”, Iris sighed as the fairy tilted her head in confusion; this fairy is interesting... I wonder what her origins are, I thought as the fairy soon rubbed her face on my cheeks as she said... “I came from Mama!”... I forgot she can read minds.

 

Soon the girl came back pushing a trolley filled with delicious-looking dishes, with all of them being meat... Haaa, my long-awaited meat!


"Here is your order, ma'ams!" the girl said as she swiftly while carefully placed all of the dishes in our individual places; the dishes were absolutely enticing, especially the Lechon which was extremely crisp... After placing all the dishes as well as the drinks, the girl bowed down before leaving to the counter as we started eating.

I went ahead and ate some of the lechon first which didn't betray its appearance as it's crispy while juicy taste completely filled your tastebuds, it was also spicy and had a very meaty taste to it.

Soon time passed as we finished eating at Elizabeth’s diner, right now, we are off to the Namiyan’s tree house when suddenly we noticed something was odd… there was not a single figure could be seen on the streets, all the lights were turned off, not a single noise could be heard; it was similar to Konami Village where a gloomy air loomed around the place.

 

“Is it just me?” I muttered as I  looked around after noticing a gloomy atmosphere that was looming around the city; it was a very unpleasant atmosphere, similar to when Alisha and I were in the forest three years ago…  it felt like there were plenty of eyes that were staring at us with the intent to kill.

 

“Mama, to your left!” the fairy said as Alisha immediately took out her weapon which was now a spear and thrust to the side as the sound of flesh can be heard… “Another to the right!” the fairy said as Iris reacted and took out a new rifle of hers and sprayed tiny balls of mana at high speed to her right.

 

Immediately, the bullets disappeared out of nowhere and the sound of flesh exploding can be heard; there was no blood, nobody to be seen… it was as if nothing was there.

 

“What was that?” Iris muttered as she looked around cautiously before suggesting… “Let’s quickly head back for now”

 

“Mhm, let’s go!” I said as we ran towards the tree house which was just straight ahead before the adorable fairy shouted… “Four at right, two at left… one at the front!”

 

“Gotcha!” Iris said as she pulled the trigger on her rifle with Alisha immediately swapping out for a scythe and swinging it horizontally… “Iyaaa!”, an adorable sound can be heard as a large fireball suddenly flew past me…

 

Not a second after all the attacks struck their target, a loud sound of flesh exploding echoed around the place… a sound so loud that one of the windows of a nearby building shattered

 

“Let’s go, fast!” Iris said as we rushed towards the tree house which had its doors open with the leader Namiyan waving his hand as he shouted… “Come here, quick!”

 

“Coming!” the fairy said as we suddenly arrived inside the tree house which was filled with armed Namiyans; some were holding spears, some had swords on their waist with the rest carrying large wooden sticks.

 

“Close it!” a Namiyan shouted as the leader Namiyan immediately shut the door closed before sighing in relief.

 

“What is happening here?” I asked while taking a seat on a nearby sofa; the sofa was bright red in color and was made out of some kind of leather, the most special feature about the sofa was its fluffiness… it was like sleeping on the ocean if I had to describe it.

 

“We don’t know as well…” the leader Namiyan said as he sat on a chair with a troubled face before loud banging can be heard from the wooden door… did the city just get attacked while we were having our lunch?! What are those creatures though, to be able to invade this city is no ordinary feat.

 

“Spidea, man-made beings; abilities: invisibility, cobwebs.” As if reading my mind, the tiny fairy on my shoulder responded like a robot, immediately making every single being inside the room open their eyes in shock.

 

 “Did you just say, Spidea?!” Iris asked in shock as the fairy tilted her head before nodding… what are Spideas, is that food? 

 

“What are spideas?” Alisha asked while tilting her head to the left as Iris answered… “Spideas are man-made creatures similar to chimeras; with the size of a human child and the body of a spider, they are able to crawl to pretty much any places. They are fairly weak individually but as a group, they can even ruin a whole kingdom which is what happened to the Eastern Kingdom, Aethera back in ancient times… they should be extinct by now, unless…”, she was about to continue when a louder bang echoed around the room causing all of us to go into stance...what just happened?!

 

47