Chapter 82 – Revisiting Oaksville
2.1k 33 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Althea Chapter 82, Revisiting Oakville.

 

Soooo heavy! Who placed a boulder on top of me?! I screamed inside as I opened my eyes before noticing a pouting Aisha sitting on top of me.

 

“What’s wrong,” I asked as she looked at me angrily.

 

Did I do something wrong? I definitely didn't, right? Then why is she mad at me…?

 

“Aisha is hungry!” she replied as her cheeks puffed while smacking my stomach.

 

“Is that all? Then get off me, I’ll cook up something for you,” I answered as she nodded before quietly hopping off the portable bed without disturbing Alisha who was still sleeping.

 

It seems like she cares about Alisha more than me huh, well that’s fine for me since I am used to it. I thought to myself as I quietly got out of bed, making sure Alisha doesn’t wake up before heading to the cooking area of the vehicle and pressing a single button as a magic stove appeared.

 

“What do you want to eat today?” I asked her who was sitting on a table beside me while poking her adorable cheeks using her index finger.

 

“Anything Mama cooks is fine for me,” she replied while showing a cheeky smile as she hopped off the tiny chair and walked towards a shelf where the eating utensils are placed and taking a single plate, spoon and fork before returning to her seat.

 

Is that so, then I will make you the perfect homemade dish! I told myself inside as I opened the tiny fridge on my left side before taking out a pack of bacon and a single egg before placing them on the table as I grabbed a frying pan and placing it on the magic stove as I turned on the magic stove before letting it heat up for a few seconds.

 

“Can you make some milk for yourself?” I asked her while ripping out the plastic-like material that was covering the bacon before taking a few pieces of bacon and placing them on the heated frying pan.

 

“Okay!” Aisha replied as she hopped off her chair once again and grabbed a cup from a nearby cup shelf before looking at me with her head tilted to the left.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked as she stared at me before looking at her cup.

 

“Don’t know how to make milk?” I asked after thinking for some time as she shyly nodded.

 

Ahh, I forgot… this is her first time on the vehicle, it can be confusing for the first day since it is extremely spacious despite being filled with ancient magic tools that you couldn’t find anywhere.

 

“You can head back to your seat, I’ll make it for you after I am done cooking,” I said as she nodded before walking back to her seat and started waiting patiently as I finished cooking the bacon and quickly made some eggs after before placing all of them on her plate.

 

“There is some bread there, be careful when eating because it is hot,” I told her as I grabbed her cup which was plain white before heading to a nearby device which was in the shape of a water dispenser before placing the cup there.

 

Soon after the cup was placed, the device immediately started pouring white-hot liquid onto the cup only to stop after a few seconds as four cubes of ice suddenly appeared on the cup, soon after a soft click sound entered my ear as I grabbed the cup of milk and handing it to Aisha who was slowly eating.

 

“Mama, want to eat?” she asked while handing out her half-eaten bread.

 

“No need, I am not hungry,” I replied as she stared at my eyes for a few seconds before resuming her eating session as I sat on the seat opposite to her with a smile.

 

I never thought taking care of a child would be this cute, I always heard about children being annoying to the extent that you couldn’t even sleep at night but that doesn’t really seem to be the case for me. I thought as I stared at Aisha who was adorably eating her food before an hour swiftly passed by as she yawned.

 

“Sleepy already?” I asked as she nodded before handing out both of her hands at me.

 

“Mama, carry me to bed,” she said with half-closed eyes.

 

How cute can she get? Okay, I’ll carry you to bed! Don’t worry! I said to myself as I stood up from my chair and walked towards her as I gently picked her up and slowly carried her to the portable bed where we were sleeping before placing her beside Alisha.

 

“Sleep!” she demanded as I sighed before quietly moving to her side and relaxing beside her as she hugged me tightly.

 

“I love you, Mama!” she said as she kissed my cheeks before displaying a very happy smile with both of her crystal pink eyes glittering.

 

“I love you too, Aisha!” I replied as I kissed her forehead before caressing her soft pink hair as she happily cuddled up to me before her eyes closed as she entered her sleep mode.

 

What a cute one… I wish everything would stay like this forever, how wonderful would it be? Haa, this girl is just too cute… I wonder if I should allow her to go to school, there might be some stupid boy trying to flatter her… ugh, what a pain. I thought as drowsiness slowly started to engulf me with both of my eyes starting to become heavy.

 

Whatever, I should just go to sleep and wake up before Alisha and the others. I told myself as I closed my eyes, letting drowsiness drown me to sleep.

 

Soon, three more hours swiftly passed by as I woke up with the bright rays of the sun shining directly at my eyes.

 

“Good morning, Althea!” Alisha said as she sat on the floor mat, playing with Aisha together with Nahrin as Iris ate breakfast on the dining table.

 

“Morning, you three. How close are we to our next destination?” I asked as I stretched my hands up before glancing at them.

 

“We are stopping on Oaksville for a few days to restock our supplies, we are about 2 to 3 days away from our final destination if that’s what you want to ask,” Iris answered as she bit on her bread before I glanced at the window while imagining a single place.

 

Oaksville huh… I haven’t been there for so long since it was destroyed by the Exiled Fairies. I wonder how it has been there.

 Ko-fi shoutout: fireswordy.

Patreon shoutout: none, so sad.

Feel free to join my discord server: http://discord.gg/SWj44TB

40