Chapter 4: Young Lady Han’s Obssession
8.9k 39 197
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yan Xiaolong once again stunned the entire table. His words were moving and convincing, as if the Dao was truly important to him. However, Han Feng’er did not believe it in the slightest. She glanced at Han Xiaoling who pretended to be calm, but was tapping her foot very quickly. 

 

“I don’t believe it!” Han Feng’er exclaimed. “Don’t be mischievous, Young Master Yan Xiaolong. We all know that you prefer to enjoy yourself during the day. You play with friends when the sun is out and play with girls when the moon is out. You only became a Foundation Establishment cultivator with your uncle’s help. You only think about fun, not studying or cultivating. How could there be any Dao in your heart? In fact, there is no Dao in your heart!” 

 

“Hmph! What do you know? Who says I never study? Zhong Yun, tell her about all the books I read this morning.” He flicked his sleeve at Zhong Yun. 

 

The young servant nodded his head and hesitantly brought out all the books that Yan Xiaolong had read. Dozens of books dropped onto the table. “These... are books that Young Master had read this morning.”

 

Seeing the books, an incredulous look appeared on the Han Clan girls. Han Feng’er stepped back from the table a few paces. “I-I-Impossible!” 

 

Han Feng’er was familiar with Zhong Yun and knew that he would not lie to her. Suddenly, she coughed a mouthful of blood and dyed the ground beneath her red. Han Xiaoling stood up and held onto Han Feng’er. 

 

“Wow. So that’s what a coughing a mouthful of blood looks like, huh? Kinda nasty,” Yan Xiaolong thought to himself.

 

“Hmph! You heard a little news and you’re already coughing blood. Seems to me like your heart has no Dao. Unlike you, the Dao in my heart is unfathomable and immovable. I will soar beyond the sky one day and leave everyone on these lands in the dust. Gods and ghosts will celebrate my ascension to immortality. Heaven and Earth will sing songs of godliness and glory to me. Whoever you remembered Yan Xiaolong to be, forget it. I’m a different man now. Don’t bother with coming up to me again because I’m not interested.” 

 

Yan Xiaolong looked at the blood on the ground with disgust and turned around, heading toward the carriage. Zhong Yun quickly put away the books and passed a medicinal pill to Han Feng’er. “I’ll be back, Sister Feng’er.” 

 

He quickly followed after Yan Xiaolong, but Han Feng’er was not done yet. “Wait, Yan Xiaolong!” 

 

Yan Xiaolong continued to walk away. 

 

“It hasn’t been announced, but Little Sister Xiaoling is the direct disciple of Grand Elder Ice-Phoenix. Not only that, but she has the potential to be a legacy disciple as well!” 

 

Zhong Yun noticed that his young master’s pace seemed to have increased. 

 

“Little Sister Xiaoling also cultivates the Winter Empress’ Secret Art and has her innate yin essence! In combination with your Immovable King’s Scripture and yang essence, both of your cultivation will advance by leaps and bounds!” 

 

Zhong Yun noticed his young master’s pace might have actually increased. 

 

“Little Sister Xiaoling also has the bloodline of the legendary Mystical Ice Witch. Although she is still young, when she grows up, she’ll be a peerless beauty with jade-like skin and phoenix-like eyebrows. Not only that, but... Hey, where are you going!?” 

 

Zhong Yun was now sure that his young master had increased his pace.

 

Yan Xiaolong had practically jumped out the palace and into the carriage. He maniacally waved his hand at Zhong Yun who was catching up. “Hurry up, man! We need to bounce the hell out of here, now!” 

 

Soon, the carriages fired up its engine and flew into the sky, leaving Ice Jade Peak in the dust. While the servants of the Han Clan were confused, some had decided to enter the palace. “Misses, what-”

 

“Out!” A single, cold word startled all the servants and had them scatter away like pigeons. “I’m sorry, Little Sister Xiaoling. I expected that Yan Xiaolong to gleefully accepted this marriage. Never would I have guessed that he would annul the engagement between you two, a bind promised by our two clans.” 

 

Han Xiaoling dropped her head and did not reply, but her cousin continued to talk. “I don’t understand how that bastard changed so much. He was neither the diligent type, nor the bravest type as well. He was a mischievous fellow that listened to his other head. Just how did he acquire a dao he can call his own? Some things are not adding up, unless he was pretending this entire time.” 

 

She picked up the medicinal pill that Zhong Yun left behind and swallowed it. “It seems my dao heart truly is lacking. I’ll heal go myself now, Little Sister Xiaoling.” 

 

Han Feng’er entered a meditative state and allowed the healing properties of medicinal pill to recover her internal injuries. Han Xiaoling stood to the side and stared at a nearby flower. She squatted down and plucked a single flower. It was a red-spider lily. 

 

As she stared at the flower, Han Xiaoling twirled it between her fingers.

 

"Back then, he said that he liked girls who cultivated ice and had a cool personality." A single petal of the red-spider lily turned blue from a layer of ice around it. 

 

"Back then, he said that he liked girls who had a high status and were pure." Another petal turned blue from the ice. 

 

"Back then, he said that he liked girls who had jade-like skins and phoenix-like eyebrows." One petal after another turned blue. Eventually, the entire flower turned blue from the biting chill of the ice. Almost a decade of obsessive feelings and deep emotions from this young woman was seeping out into this delicate flower. 

 

"An unfathomable and immovable Dao? I believe the former based on how you acted just now, but the latter? No way." Han Xiaoling gripped the frosty red-spider lily with greater strength. "I'm going to break that Dao of yours. I'm going to chain you down to the land, never letting you get the opportunity to soar beyond sky. Gods and ghosts will laugh at you. Heaven and Earth will weep elegies at you. You think you can trample on these feelings I had for you since we were young? No, these feelings we had for each other since we were young!?" 

 

The red-spider lily broke into shards of icicles. Han Xiaoling stood up and stared at the sky. It was as if the darkness in heart seeped into her eyes and swallowed the glare of the sun, letting her see a flying carriage in the distance. A bizarre smile crept onto her face and the temperature in the surrounding dropped by many degrees. 

 

"Guess again, my Xiaolong. I'm going to shatter your Dao, replace your Heaven with my feelings, and crush the Earth beneath your feet so you have no choice, but to cling to me, Han Xiaoling!" 

 

197