Chapter 10: An Old Timer’s Legacy Is the Safest Thing
6.3k 13 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day Yan Xiaolong came back from the dream world, he immediately left the Immortal Sage Sect and headed toward the Eastern Woodlands. It was a place of dense forests and vicious monsters, but also of great legacies and supreme treasures. That made it an extremely popular location for cultivators to venture into and try their luck.

 

Most cultivators leave this place alive, especially people from top-tier sects, but around twenty-percent of people that enter this place never made it out alive. Some died from monsters, while others died from the legacies. 

 

Around twenty years, an inner disciple of the Immortal Sage Sect ventured into the Eastern Woodlands to obtain an ancient legacy, but died. His death was strange because no one knew how he died while his possession were thrown out of the cave. A jade-slip noted that he was in the cave for three years before he died, meaning he died a slow death. 

 

The bizarre story made people shiver, but it was not enough for core disciples and stronger cultivators to act so it was left to the inner court. Many have tried to investigate the death of this disciple, but no one was ever successful. A thick miasma that incited a burning sensation blocked the entrance of the cave and left many inner court disciple feeling too unease. 

 

The Immortal Sage Sect would soon investigate this matter if no one took it, but thankfully, a unfortunate soul offended a grand elder, so that took one mission off the board. 

 

"Oi, Guidebook, do you have any ideas what I should about this?" 

 

[Please specify "this."] 

 

"What's with this murder mystery I have to deal with? This isn't going to lead me down a rabbit hole that ends up killing a clan or two, right?"

 

[In the world of immortal cultivation, anything you do can result in the death of several clans. Anything. Going out and doing missions are common-tier decisions. You will most likely have to deal with other disciples on your journey and offend a sect or two. Such as the law of the universe.] 

 

"This is some great advice. It would've been pretty nice if you gave them to me during the dream world, teacher!"

 

......

 

"Senior-apprentice Sister Lan, this must be cave of the Eight Extremities Daoist." 

 

"Be careful, the miasma can apparently inflict mysterious ailment." 

 

In front of the cave where Yan Xiaolong needed to go into, two disciples of another sect were standing before the miasma. They both wore white robes with purple streaks and ribbons. On their forehead were the symbol of a crescent moon. One look at these two apprentice sisters would tell anyone that they were disciples of the Violet Moon Sect, a major-tier sect. 

 

On the whole scale of the Moon Flower, the Violet Moon Sect was one of the strongest sects and second to the Immortal Sage Sect. They were also one of the few rare sects that only had female disciples. 

 

“Senior-apprentice Sister Lan, is this really the best option for us? I mean, there should be other legacies, right? I heard that Eight Extremities Daoist was a mysterious and eccentric cultivator that made many enemies. Although records of him were burned away, some stories about him live on. More importantly, I don’t think this would be best legacy for us,” One of the girls said. 

 

Senior-apprentice Sister Lan shook her in disappointment. “There’s nothing left for people like us. The other legacies were taken and we only have this left. We could go to the other locations, but the deeper we go, the more dangerous it is. If only we were inner court disciples.” 

 

“Tch! Are inner court disciples so great?” The other girl said. “That bitch Su Meimeng think she’s so great by bullying people like us. She took all our Violet Moon Dew and we got reprimanded by the assistant elder!” 

 

“Enough, Junior-apprentice Sister Fu. There’s nothing we can do against an inner court disciple, especially someone as influential as her. We just need to do our best to become inner court disciples. That way, we won’t be bullied as easily. We can even receive apprenticeship from an elder if we show our talent. Now hurry, let’s do out best to get through this miasma. If we are not careful, we might burn to death. Intelligence reports noted that cultivators would feel a burning sensation in them, causing their face to flush and their skins to sweat. Some cultivators even experience weird sensations in their pan-”  

 

The grasses behind them ruffled. Drawing out their weapons, a sword and a spear, the disciples of the Violet Moon Sect turned around. Animosity oozed from their glaring eyes. 

 

A young man in black clothing walked out from the bushes. His robe was decorated in golden streaks and ribbon with designs of red lotuses. His aura was sharp, but casual, like a sheated sword. 

 

“That’s...” 

 

“An Immortal Sage Sect’s inner court disciple!” 

 

The young man looked at the two young women in surprise. “Ah. There’s already people here? Are you guys waiting in line?” 

 

The two looked at each other. “Is fellow daoist also here for Eight Extremities Daoist’s legacy?” 

 

“Legacy?” The young man asked. “Nah, I’m here for a mission. If you guys are not going to go in, I’ll head on in.” 

 

“What!?” Junior-apprentice Sister Fu raised her spear and pointed it at the young man. “We found this place first. Don’t think that just because you are from the Immortal Sage Sect means that you can bully us! This legacy is ours!” 

 

“Ours? Yeah, I’m more about capitalism.” The young man continued to walk forward. “Look, might makes right. I’m not really about beating people right now, lest I accidentally vaporized a city. Just move aside.” 

 

Although the young man was casual, his sharp aura forced the female disciples to back down and move to the side. Although they were peak-stage Qi Disciple, there would be no way for them to defeat an inner court disciple, especially one from the greatest sect on Moon Flower Continent. 

 

“Tch! I hope you burn.” Junior-apprentice Sister Fu thought. 

 

“Fool. He’s going to burn to death without proper preparation." Senior-apprentice Sister Lan had negative thoughts as well. 

 

However, contrary to their expectations, the young man was completely fine as he walked through the pink miasma. He could see the shock on their faces and smirked. 

 

“Ah, such as the life of mob characters who can’t own goodies. Luckily, I’m a young master who knows my way around the world. Don’t you know an old timer’s legacy is the least dangerous thing in the world? At least it isn’t walking into a restaurant. Tsk, tsk.” 

 

158