Chapter 15: The Proper Way To Deal With Loan Sharks
5.8k 8 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he returned to the Immortal Sage Sect, Yan Xiaolong informed his completion of the mission and quickly left to Iron Sword Peak. He remembered the strange, fantastical expression of the receptionist, but was more focused on the Eight Extremities Dao Art than everything else. Locking himself in his room, Yan Xiaolong thought over the ways to obtain the bloodline of the Eight Extremities Daoist. 

 

“From what I’ve read, every creature possesses a bloodline, but to actually obtain the bloodline of another creature would require refining that bloodline from their blood essence. Most creatures only have one drop of blood essence, but the stronger and purer an entity, the more blood essence they have. However, taking blood essence is easier said than done.” 

 

Yan Xiaolong took out the baby octopus and placed it into a cage made from Hell-Scorching Flame. Since the baby octopus was a vile monster of the water and wood elements, the flame was most effective on it. The baby octopus somehow shrank and rolled itself into a ball to protect itself from the flame. Despite the Hell-Scorching Flame’s unique power to defeat vile monsters and evil entities, it could burn away the tentacles. 

 

“Oh? That the fourth dao technique, Fourth Style: Extreme Protection.” Since he acquired the incomplete legacy of the Eight Extremities Daoist, Yan Xiaolong had a summary of each dao technique in the Eight Extremities Dao Art. Unfortunately, only the first four dao techniques were completely memorized by him while the last four would still require him to increase his cultivation level to fully view them. Still, knowing the first four styles were more than enough to salivate him.

 

“First Style: Extreme Pleasure can send waves of yang essence to overwhelm a person with pleasure. The weaker the person, the more likely they’ll fall to the pleasure and become a willing slave to the pleasure. It mainly relies on innate aphrodisiac properties of the Eight Extremities Octopus, but I don’t have that right now.” 

 

“Second Style: Extreme Tentacles can summon hundreds, or even thousands, of tentacles from the ground. Although the tentacles would be weaker than the main eight tentacles, these tentacles can use the other seven dao techniques. In combination with the first dao technique, it could send someone into a hell of pleasure. This was the dao technique that allowed the Eight Extremities Daoist to conquer an entire sect.” 

 

“Third Style: Extreme Lust can form a slave crest on a person. It can only be fully used on people that is much weaker than the user, but otherwise, can be considered an advanced version of Extreme Pleasure. The slave crest could be activated at any time to make a person fall into depravity in a split second. This was used on that ancient queen and the female Ascendant.” 

 

“Fourth Style: Extreme Protection is a defensive dao technique by wrapping the user in tentacles. Very simple, but effective. No wonder why the Eight Extremities Daoist could survive for so long. He actually had such a strong defensive dao technique. This baby octopus is roughly at the same level that I am, but can actually block Golden Core level attacks.” 

 

Yan Xiaolong mused to himself. “Aiyah! How the hell am I going to extract a bloodline without being able to break away this shield? I can’t call Uncle until I’m at the Golden Core stage. I could spend this time to cultivate to Golden Core right now, but who knows what this little shit might do? Extract a bloodline, extract a bloodline, extract... What to do first?” 

 

Suddenly, a voice outside barked his name. “Yan Xiaolong! Come out here, now!” 

 

Frowning, Yan Xiaolong tighten the flaming cage around the baby octopus before heading out. 

 

......

 

In front of Yan Xiaolong’s palace, a group of inner court disciples were standing arrogantly at the gate. Most of them were at the early-stage Foundation Establishment with Heaven-Tier cultivation arts. The only exception was the mid-stage Foundation Establishment cultivator who seemed to be the leader of the pack. 

 

He had an aquiline nose, pointy hair, and sharp eyes, looking very much like an sparrow. His aura was strong and sinister. Sparks of lightning flashed in his eyes and traces of wind guarded his body. If if someone looked closely, they could see the faint outline of a bird with lightning and wind around it on his head. 

 

Zhong Yun was at the gate, and he coldly stared at the menacing group in front of him. “It seems Young Master Shen and his retainers are bored. Do you need something from my Young Master?”

 

“What we need from that trash is not for you to know,” One of the retainers said. “This little kid has quite a nasty tone. Merely a Qi Disciple and he already has such arrogance.” 

 

“Indeed, indeed,” Another retainer said. “That Yan Xiaolong is such an idiot that he couldn’t even train his slave correctly. I say we step in and train this one properly!” 

 

That retainer sent out a deadly palm strike at Zhong Yun. It was filled with the great power that Foundation Establishment cultivators would possess. Startled, Zhong Yun backed away in fear, but the palm strike was negated by the palace’s defense formation. 

 

“Hahahaha! Just a small prank and he got frightened. Obviously that attack wouldn’t break through the defense formation, or else, we would just head in ourselves.” 

 

The other retainers laughed in pettiness and arrogance, while Zhong Yun kept his cool. Young Master Shen did not join in the horseplay, but did not stop it either. His proud poise told others that he was above such actions, but that appearance only made Zhong Yun more livid. 

 

Eventually, Young Master Shen called out Yan Xiaolong to come out again. Clicking his tongue, he looked at Zhong Yun. “Hmph! Yan Xiaolong has no manner whatsoever. A real gentleman would not keep others waiting, only a barbarian without class would do that. He even savagely annulled the engagement between himself and Young Lady Han.” 

 

Zhong Yun picked up on his meaning. "Did the Han Clan sent you?" 

 

Young Master Shen ignored the question. "Yan Xiaolong would not be where he is now without Elder Iron-Sword. His talent and strength is just so-so among the inner court disciples, even with a Void-Tier cultivation art. Such a pity that he obtained the Immovable King's Scripture, one of the sect's ten Void-Tier cultivation arts, when it should've gone to Elder Iron-Sword, a true hero to the sect. Yet, this useless nephew was the one of reap his rewards. He spent his days gambling, fornicating, eating, sleeping, and drinking. If Elder Iron-Sword took it as well, he would've been the first person in the sect to cultivate two Void-Tier cultivation arts. What a pity, what a pity." 

 

"Did the Han Clan sent you!?" Like a dragon who had its reverse scale touched, Zhong Yun amplified his voice with spiritual qi. 

 

"Pipe down!" Young Master Shen said. "I'm here for unfinished business with that trash. He owes me lots and lots of spirit stones after I gave him that small loan of a million spirit stones." 

 

After he finished talking, a shadowy figure stepped forward from the palace and arrived at the gate. He stared at Young Master Shen. 

 

"You're here for me?" Yan Xiaolong said with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"That's right, Yan Xiaolong. Open up the gates and pay your debt, or else, I'll take you to the Hall of the Inner Court and you'll be tried. " Young Master Shen took out a promissory note with many zeroes on it. "This is the debt that-!" 

 

Yan Xiaolong did not even bothered to look at that promissory note before flicking a Fireball at it. Caught surprised, Young Master Shen did not even have time to block that Fireball before it burned away the promissory note. 

 

"My bad, what did you say?" 

 

126