30. Jade, The Floating Sphere AI
683 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 48 hours since Khelios told me about the Scythe. In that timeframe, we've completed the preparation for the shop's grand opening. We were still planning to give away the leftover inventory from The Glossy Ross, since most of the items were C and C+. Despite being concerned with his warning, I proceeded with my Merchant aspirations.

But earlier this morning, Justine left to speak with her mother in Quelyn. Since she was the Goddess Of Justice, she felt that it was her duty to tell the other Gods about Khelios' message. However, since she was still a young God, she would have to rely on her mother's wisdom. I offered to assist her, but she denied my offer. She said that this was something that she needed to do herself, which genuinely surprised me. However, she notified me that she would return in the evening with her Guardian Archangel, Amriel.

In the meantime, I was working in the cellar with Ronan. It felt like I was slowly turning the cellar into a Magi-Tech Laboratory.

"I have to say, Ronan. These blueprints are pretty good. However, I'm not sure if these designs are going to work out. Do you have anything simpler?" I said.

"Unfortunately, I do not. To create a Magi-Tech Juggernaut-unit, it will require a more complex design and structure," Ronan said.

"Do you have any suggestions?" I said.

"I would suggest that you make a highly intelligent unit that can handle R&D. Frankly, this was the most boring thing I've ever done. I would rather spend my time training the mind, body, and soul," Ronan said.

"Noted," I said.

"Luckily, you can insert your memories into your creations. Otherwise, I would've been illiterate and unknowledgeable. If we follow that logic, you could insert all the memories relating to science and engineering to create our ideal candidate," Ronan said.

"Do you really think that'll work? I may have learned some programming syntax, but I wouldn't call myself the best programmer...," I said.

"If it's in your memories, I'm sure it'll be fine. You could always start with a prototype before you commit more time to it," Ronan said.

"Hm. Maybe I'll make a Floating Sphere AI. I could wrap an OLED panel around the middle section that functions like your helmet. The sphere could function as a virtual assistant AI!" I said.

"Sounds like a plan," Ronan said.

"To get the most benefits out of it, I would have to make it a Hive mind. I guess I could ask Jade when I create her," I said.

"You've already thought of a name?" Ronan said.

"Yeah! It stands for: Justice Administrator & Destructive Engineer. What do you think of it?" I said.

"If it means no more boring work, I say you should call it whatever you want," Ronan said.

"Wise answer," I said.

As Ronan and I nodded our heads in agreement, I began using Creation Magic to make my next creation. It took me an hour to complete it since crafting the AI was the hardest part. However, I felt a strong sense of pride as I placed the Sphere on the table. It was a matte black sphere with a circumference of 29.5 inches. Its size was comparable to a Basketball, which prompted Ronan to ask a question.

"Doesn't this seem kinda...big?" Ronan said.

"Not really. It's not as big as a Death Sphere, so I consider this to be a moderate size. Though, I wonder if I should create some Death Spheres in the future," I said.

"It sounds great until you're on the other side of one," Ronan joked.

"Such is life," I said.

"So...how do we turn it on? I don't see any buttons," Ronan said.

"Jade! Awake!" I said proudly.

As Ronan and I stared at the Magi-Tech creation, we saw it slowly spin. Suddenly, it spun rapidly as it floated off the table. It radiated a faint yellow glow.

"That seems irregular," Ronan said.

"You think?" I joked.

Suddenly, the sphere abruptly stopped spinning as it lowered itself to our eye level. It seemed to be working normally.

"Hello! Your name is Jade! My name is Owen, and this is—," I said.

"I already know your names, idiot," Jade said.

"Doesn't she seem a bit...sassy?" Ronan said.

"Who wouldn't be sassy when your creator calls you a prototype and puts you into a sphere?" Jade said.

"She has a good point, Ronan," I said.

"Tell me, Owen. How am I supposed to be an excellent Scientist/Engineer if I don't have HANDS!" Jade shouted.

After hearing Jade's remark, Ronan was laughing his ass off.

"Yeah. Keep laughing, Ronan. I'll remember that when I get my body. Prepare yourself," Jade said.

"I'm guessing you know what I'm going to ask you," I said.

"You want to know if I retained the information that you highlighted in your memories, correct? Do you want the good news or the bad news?" Jade said.

"Good news?" I said.

"The good news is that I know the basics of science and engineering. With your memories as reference, I should be able to build a solid foundation in this world," Jade said.

"Ok. What's the bad news?" I said.

"Since you died in your freshman year of college, I only have a highschool level understanding of most concepts. Also, it seems like I may need to create a custom programming language from scratch. The syntax you provided was helpful, but it's useless in a world of magic. We need custom programming to take full advantage of Magi-Tech," Jade said.

"How long will that take?" I said.

"Depends. Since you possess an intriguing magic like Creation, the path to success could be easier or harder. You also have to consider that you can't create organic matter. This means that we'll have to source organic materials like everyone else," Jade said.

"Yeah. We'll have to explore the area around Fayhelm for those ingredients. But I'm planning on becoming a General item Merchant that specializes in Military and Magi-Tech. I hope you serve us well, Jade!" I said.

"I saw that you highlighted some accounting memories. Are you sure that you want me to become your accountant?" Jade asked.

"If anyone can crunch the numbers, it's going to be you," I said.

Jade let out an enormous sigh as she floated in circles.

"I won't be able to do much research or accounting with this sphere, but...I'll see what I can do. More importantly, tell me about this 'Hive Mind' that you mentioned...," Jade curiously asked.

-------------

[4 hours later at the Exalted Maple]

"So...you're trying to tell me that this floating ball is our accountant?" Justine said.

"Did the hero make this? What is this thing?" Amriel said.

After recently returning from Quelyn, Justine brought her Guardian Archangel named Amriel. The angel was poking Jade repeatedly.

"Jade is going to be our head Scientist/Engineer, but she'll also be an accountant during shop hours," I said.

"How is she going to do that when she has no hands?" Justine said.

"Thank You! That's exactly what I said! Great minds truly think alike!" Jade said.

"Amriel. You can return to your duties. You're dismissed," Justine said.

"I shall return at once!" Amriel said.

As the Archangel held up her sword, she uttered the words 'Teleo' to instantly return to Quelyn. It seemed that her means of teleportation differed from Mayor Ross'.

"Honestly, I'm too exhausted to deal with something like this. I'll tell you about the meeting when the shop opens tomorrow," Justine said.

As Justine yawned, she walked up the stairs to our bed.

However, I could tell by Justine's mood that Quelyn was not as peaceful as I initially thought.

Otherwise, why would she have one of the Quartet Of Saints as her bodyguard?

17