30.5. Pheoria’s Young Emperor
620 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Meanwhile, In Pheoria's capital city]

"Is this true, Knight Commander Brice?" Coltan said.

"Yes, Emperor. We have confirmed it with the 'Grand Church Of Wonders'. It seems that the Legendary Sorcerer Of Light has arrived. As the legend stated, he wields the power of creation," Brice said.

The 17-year-old Emperor was a boy with a hardened soul, but a strategic mind. Despite being so young, he was considered one of the best strategists in the Empire. He was a private, independent, and self-confident boy. He strove for perfection and achievement. Even if it meant using controversial resources.

As the Knight Commander walked toward the Emperor, the Emperor picked up the sword that was resting on his throne. As he got up from the royal chair, he walked down the steps.

"Have you notified the 'Wardens Of Sin' about this?" Emperor Coltan said.

"I was going to, but I wanted your guidance on the situation before I made any haste decisions," Commander Brice said.

"Smart answer. But does Mother or Sister know about this?" Coltan said.

"No. We haven't told your mother or the princess about this. The only other people who know about this are the high-ranking members of the church. However, I expect the rumors to spread across the empire like wildfire," Brice said.

"Knowing Khelios, he probably told the Eliyen Dynasty and the Wildlands about it. But the only things that we know are his name and that he exists. We don't even know if he's within our borders. And even if he was, it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack," Coltan sighed.

"Well...not necessarily," Brice said.

"What do you mean?" Coltan said.

"Do you remember the Mayor Of Fayhelm? The former Merchant Hero named Ross? I think he has some relevant information," Brice said.

"Why’s that?" Coltan said.

"I heard some very interesting things from the security committee at the Platinum Helm Guild. I'll give you the full details later," Brice said.

"Don't worry, Knight Commander. I have faith in your judgement. We can't let the Eliyen Dynasty get their hands on him before we do. Do what you need to do," Coltan said.

"As you wish, Emperor Coltan," Brice said.

"One more thing, Commander Brice. How's the Warden Of Wrath doing?" Coltan said.

"Ah yes. 'The Eclipse Knight'. What would you like to know about the filth?" Brice said.

"I see your opinions are as strong as ever. But is he alive?" Coltan said.

"He's alive, but he's not exactly...sane at the moment. Last time I checked, the prison guards said that he still feels uncontrolled feelings of anger, rage, and hatred. If anything, his feelings might have worsened. Why?" Brice said.

"I would like to talk to him," Coltan smirked.

"You're insane!" Brice shouted.

As the Emperor stopped in front of Brice, he put his hand on Brice's shoulder.

"I would advise that you not desecrate my name with such a filthy word. Consider this your only warning," Coltan said sternly.

"My apologies, Emperor Coltan. I had an inappropriate knee jerk reaction. I’ll need to make some preparations, but...consider it done," Brice said.

As Emperor Coltan smiled, he patted Brice on the back before walking back up to his throne.

"While you’re at it, locate the other Wardens Of Sin. They may be an infamous bunch, but we’ll need to bring them back to the capital. We'll need everything we have if we're going against Lord Ogis," Coltan said.

"But the Wardens Of Sin committed heinous crimes! Are you sure about this?!" Brice shouted.

"You talk a lot, Brice. However, I don’t pay you top dollar to speak. Get it done in a timely manner," Coltan said.

Commander Brice let out an enormous sigh before responding.

"As you wish, Emperor. I shall mobilize The Order of Devotion," Brice said.

"That’s what I like to hear! Who knows? If all things go well, we might avenge my father sooner than I thought," Coltan said smirking.

12