Chapter 5 “One mistake too many”
1.7k 13 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ughh. Not again." I'm a complete and utter idiot. I open my eyes and try to get up as fast as I can and end up slamming my face into metal bars. I'm in a cage. I look around and I see other cages around me. I'm in one of the wagons, is my guess. I don't think these are good people. A lot of the other cages are occupied. Some of the people have ears and tails like me, some are humans. Some look almost like monsters. One guy looks like a bull, he has the biggest cage. One girl looks like a bird, she has feathers coming out from underneath her arms and her hands and feet almost look chicken like she has 4 fingers and toes. Weird.

Everyone is naked, including me obviously. Most of them are female, I think. Some are obvious like the bull guy... some are not. They all have a Collar around their necks. I reached my hand up to my neck in a panic. Yup, there one around my neck now too. This isn't good. This is the opposite of good. Bad, very bad. The worst. I think i'm a slave. Only slave's and pets wear Collars. Would it be better to be a pet?

All the other slaves are asleep I think. I check the door to the cage. I cant tell how its locked, but it wont budge. Not that, that means anything, my strength is 1 after all. I remember that I got notifications before I blacked out again so I check them.

[You have Gained 1 level in the skill Thief!]

[You have Gained the Skill Thief!]

[You have Gained 1 level in the skill Pain Tolerance!]

[You have been Enslaved!]

How can Thief be a skill? Isn't that a profession? a job or class? I don't understand this skill system. Why does the notification seem as excited over me being enslaved as it does about skill level ups and gains? Is the slavery linked to the Collar? If I can get the Collar off will I be free? 'I have an idea! If I turn into fox f-' "Ahhhhh" pain, and then darkness.

I dont think im ever going to learn my lesson. Its such a dangerous trigger, do all beastkin have to deal with this? At least im not naked anymore. Well technically i am, but it dosent feel like it. I don't see the Collar anywhere. Everyone else is still asleep. I shuffle around and... yep I still have the collar on. I think it got smaller with me. Can it get bigger again? I don't want to try it out. For all I know it could kill me. I look around some more. There is a women in front of me, another to the left of me and the right of me. There are no blankets or beds or anything. Also what is the point of the cages if we have Collars or vice versa? Do the Collars not give control over us? Its clearly magical in some way seeing how it changed sizes. I'm sure i'm going to find out.

I'm still very hungry unfortunately. I barely ate anything before I had that wondrous idea. Now that im a slave I have the feeling that I wont be eating or drinking very much for awhile. I have to find a way out of this situation. I'm actually getting pretty tired though. Am I nocturnal? its probably near sunrise by now. 'jesus Christ, I didn't even make it one day in my new life before I became a slave.' Now that is pathetic. Why was I so hungry? Did it carry over from my last life or something? I just cant see this ending well. I know absolutely nothing about this world and im a child. I take that back. I know that they just enslave random people they find. I feel like Russell Crowe in Gladiator. Its just a little ridiculous. 

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to my cage being kicked. Scared me so bad I hit my head on top part of my cage. I did not land very well either. I'm pretty sure I yelped out in pain, and I heard someone laughing. I looked outside my cage and there were 2 men there. One was wearing leather armor with a sword and dagger at his hip as well as various pouches. The other man also had a sword, but it was fancy, almost ornamental. In my world that meant it was for show not meant to actually be used. I don't think that's true here though. He was also wearing leather armor, but clearly much better quality. The first guy had a shit eating grin on his face. I've pegged him as the one who kicked my cage and found it funny how I reacted. He has brown hair and eyes, a forgettable face and greasy mid length hair. The Rich guy has Blond hair and blue eyes and looks like a real lady killer. He is also a head taller then Shiteater. He has absolutely no expression on his face. All the slaves I can see are looking at me.

"Is this her?" The blond dude asks Shiteater. "Yeah, John heard some whimpering last near the fire and low and behold there was a naked fox-kin laying next to the fire." Shiteater started laughing again. Blondie bent over to look closer at me. I just looked right back at him. "She's very young." Blondie says. "We've really lucked out this time, not only is she young she's also a white fox-kin!" shiteater says and laughs with gusto. Blondie just smiles.

"Transform into your human form." Blondie says, only his voice is different, like silky smooth. I feel compelled to do what he says. I struggle against it. I don't want to be naked in front of these guys unconscious. [Ding][Ding] I'm struggling to not transform. "Transform into your human form, now!" Blondie say's agian and i feel all my willpower is stripped away. [Ding] I start to tranform. It's just as painful as every other time and darkness takes me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

24